USS Invincible -- Bravo Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the USS Invincible, a newly commissioned Excelsior class refit under the command of Captain Matthew Archenon. The Invincible is a detachment of Bravo Fleet's Task Force 38. This is it's official forum for role-playing and socializing.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

And just who do you think you are...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

And just who do you think you are... Empty
PostSubject: And just who do you think you are...   And just who do you think you are... EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 10:52 pm

That's right! I'm calling all of you out... Explain yourselves!

*eyes everyone suspiciously*

Okay I'll go first then.

My name's Bob, I live in Washington State, USA in the Everett area. Currently I'm attending Edmonds Community College in an effort to change my vocation from web developer to something else. Not sure what that else is gonna be (currently workin' on an AA transfer), but I do know I'm done with pounding away at a keyboard. I'm also engaged and have an interest in SCUBA diving.

As for my simulation work, I started out in 97' on some independent sims before stumbling upon some of the more organized fleets, Bravo Fleet among them. I did eventually start my own simulation (the USS Tiburon) which ran for a few years successfully. A month back, I found myself wanting to get back into simming, so here I am!
Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: And just who do you think you are...   And just who do you think you are... EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 1:25 am

Great idea, Bob!

My name is Matt, I live in PA about 45 minutes outside of Philly. I am a student, currently suffering through school and praying I'll be able to use this stuff when I'm older. Razz I enjoy doing lots of stuff; I have been shooting archery and hunting since I was old enough for my safety course. I also enjoy reading and studying (blah, I'm weird). I am in the planning and early invitation stages of starting a Bible study at my church, am very interested in theology and also in the beginning stages of becoming a volunteer firefighter.

My simming experience has had it's up and downs, but I started about 4 years ago on a Star Wars site called Star Wars: Conflicts on the former MSN Groups. I simmed there for about a year to a year and a half, going from a terrible recruit to a respected member of the site. A position opened for Assistant Manager and I was chosen to be the new replacement. I served as a AM for about 4-6 months before a position for Manager opened up and I took up the job with a good bit more responsibilities as one of the head Force side managers (boy I miss those days). I met Cory (Shalla Itris) on Conflicts, as he was one of the original Big Three Managers. After MSN groups asploded and shut down I took a break off from simming. A few attempts were made to rebirth Conflicts but never panned out. Conflicts had over 1,000 members and brought in over 300 posts a day at it's peak, so we were a busy bunch.

After my hiatus I got into Star Trek, and joined a site with a bunch of alumni from Conflicts, called Angel's Dawn. I still sim there today as a member in good standing, also with Cory. I had taken about a 6 month break from all kinds of RPGs and when I returned to Angel's Dawn I wanted more, so I started looking at other sites. Bravo Fleet was my first organized, fleet based group and after only about a month of being in a BF sim I applied for a command in 38 and got the Invincible.

I am very proud to be serving with all you here on our fine ship and I look forward to bigger and brighter days!

--- TAG THE REST OF Y'ALL ---

that's an order
Back to top Go down
https://invincible.canadian-forum.com
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: And just who do you think you are...   And just who do you think you are... EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:46 am

OK I'll play!

My name's Richard and I live in Edinburgh, Scotland. I'm a Theatre Techie (lights, sound and so on) which I drifted into after Uni since it was/is a great deal more fun; if a lot less well paid than doing something with my physics! It does mean I'm up at odd times tho (it's nearly 3:00am)
I'm currently working in a wee theatre in the borders and doing as much Festival work as comes my way. I'm also in theory building a scale model of the HMS Diana - frigate 1805.

I did some simming back in 1998-about 2002 mostly IRC with some PBeM but I've never done anything on a forum before!
I was involved in a stand alone Trek simm (interestingly also an Excelsior class) rising from Engineering to the Bridge and eventually Command, that group was involved in setting up something called the "Galactic Simming Confederation" which rapidly died (and good riddens!) but not before I got to plot out a five ship multi-simm plot arc culminating in a group simm with some 30-40 people in an IRC room - chaos! but funny - vast overuse of /nick <alien72> and so on...

Since the collapse of GSC I've not really done any online RP but I did a fair bit of table top stuff with friends - our group broke up about a year ago and I've noticed that an itch needed scratching so here I am.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: And just who do you think you are...   And just who do you think you are... EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 5:44 pm

Cool story, John! Smile My good friend is going to a Art specialized high school for acting.
Back to top Go down
https://invincible.canadian-forum.com
Joshua Seetar
Chief Engineering Officer
Chief Engineering Officer
Joshua Seetar

PostSubject: Re: And just who do you think you are...   And just who do you think you are... EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 1:14 am

This thread is sort of dead, but I thought I'd post this because I had some time;

Me and the Cap'n are brothers. I'm a student as well, and haven't been roleplaying for very long. I started on a smaller site called Angel's Dawn after being drawn in by my brother as a junior officer. This broke the ice with me and now I'm a member of a few ships along with the Invincible. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And just who do you think you are...   And just who do you think you are... Empty

Back to top Go down

And just who do you think you are...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
USS Invincible -- Bravo Fleet :: Out of Character :: General Chat-
Jump to: