USS Invincible -- Bravo Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the USS Invincible, a newly commissioned Excelsior class refit under the command of Captain Matthew Archenon. The Invincible is a detachment of Bravo Fleet's Task Force 38. This is it's official forum for role-playing and socializing.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Star Trek: Online

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

Star Trek: Online Empty
PostSubject: Star Trek: Online   Star Trek: Online EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:35 am

Yep, had to come up sooner or later Very Happy

I play it myself, and it looks like Clarke does as well by the look of your avatar. my handle is @rjc_foxtrot

Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Online   Star Trek: Online EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 5:42 pm

I've... thought about it.

I heard ground combat is kinda boring and space can be buggy. Confirm / deny?

I like MMORPGs, I've just taken a break from WoW after playing in a semi-hardcore raid guild. I'd planned on playing STO eventually but I was waiting for a few patches to correct some stuff. I actually beated it for a while.
Back to top Go down
https://invincible.canadian-forum.com
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Online   Star Trek: Online EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:52 pm

I think what your own opinion of the game is will be determined by how much of a Trek fanatic you are vs. what steps must be taken for the sake of game play. If you're a Trek purist, then it's probably not the game for you Laughing

Ground combat can be tedious at times since you're working with foes that require multiple phaser hits to take down with the use of a standard HP system you see in any MMO. There is an expose/exploit system in place that's supposed to make it more tactical, but it's not reliable enough to plan around since it's all percentage based as to when an expose happens which allows you to use an exploit to it's full advantage. A cover system of some sort might have been more appropriate, but would have been a bit bulky unless you turn the ground into a true 3rd person shooter. It's kinda 'eh...', but it breaks up the space combat.

Bugs are getting worked out here and there, but the bigger, nastier ones have been pretty well stamped out. Plus there's a good amount of content that's being released far more regularly than before, namely the weekly episodes which there are 7 or eight of so far.

Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Online   Star Trek: Online EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:37 pm

Hmm... interesting. I might check it out, then. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://invincible.canadian-forum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Online   Star Trek: Online Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Trek: Online
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
USS Invincible -- Bravo Fleet :: Out of Character :: General Chat-
Jump to: