USS Invincible -- Bravo Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the USS Invincible, a newly commissioned Excelsior class refit under the command of Captain Matthew Archenon. The Invincible is a detachment of Bravo Fleet's Task Force 38. This is it's official forum for role-playing and socializing.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing Empty
PostSubject: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 3:14 am

(( This is the official mission briefing for the Invincible's second mission, entitled 'Reaching the Stars.' A full summary of the mission can be found in the announcements board ))

Matt strolled leisurely through the halls of the Excelsior class' halls, making his way slowly to the senior staff briefing room. After a fun week of shore leave it was finally time to return to business, but hopefully this next mission would provide recuperation and rest for his weary crew members. Matt entered the briefing room 15 minutes early, and began setting out seperate PADDs at each seat as his department heads slowly filed in.

-- tag all --
Back to top Go down
https://invincible.canadian-forum.com
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 3:32 pm

Major Jasmine Somers
Marine CO
Briefing Room

Jasmine was one of the First to enter, she nodded to the Captain "Captain" She said as she sat and looked at the Padd in front of her, she had enjoyed her shore leave it was fun, especially the night after hooking up with some guy from the Retro club. Now here she was waiting for all the Senior Officers to enter and sit.

Tag All
Back to top Go down
http://z8.invisionfree.com/MySiggyForum/index.php
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:20 pm

Waterhouse's Quarters
Deck 5
USS Invincible
1000h
---------------

Another morning, another job. The crew had all filtered back aboard during the night and John had spent some time in the sickbay running a few tests on the remaining samples for the last mission and generally "getting his eye in". Dr Adam had pulled duty this morning allowing the CMO to catch up on some paperwork and sleep; now at 0947 he was ready for the briefing. Straightening his uniform jacket he got up from his desk and scraping a PADD off the side table on the way exited into the corridor.

The ship was quiet most people gently settling back into the routine of shipboard life, acknowledging the odd wave and greeting John made it up to the briefing room with time to spare. He reflected on the greetings, people were becoming more than faces and badges of rank and speciality now. His medical staff appeared to be bonding quite well and on the calendar for this week was a planned dinner with his doctors to greet the newest arrival, Dr Claire Winstone. She would complete the medical staff; adding a more dedicated research team giving them added flexibility in the upcoming survey mission. Besides she was cute, John allowed himself a rare smile of pure amusement as he entered the briefing room, for one so young he was quite the depressive, pushing aside that thought he addressed the Captain, "Good Morning Sir, I see the leg has healed well."

<Tag Matt>

"Mornin' Ms Somers, I hear you are taking up soccer? You know that's the wrong football, ball's the wrong shape for a start." John dropped into a chair and resolved to keep up this good mood for the whole voyage.

<Tag Somers>
Back to top Go down
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 12:04 am

Major Jasmine Somers
Marine CO
USS Invincible - Briefing Room

"Mornin' Ms Somers, I hear you are taking up soccer? You know that's the wrong football, ball's the wrong shape for a start."

Looking up from her PADD Jasmine looked at Waterhouse with a scowl at his term of Ms Somers, she knew it was a greeting and a respectful hello so she let it slide this time.

"Morning" She said. "No I am not, I was invited to have a game with Lieutenant Seetar nothing more. I am happier in combat simulations where a Sword Gun or Mek'Leth and Bat'Leth are used, even a Dak'TagH and Quarter staff are acceptable" She said with a smile. "So why you in such a good mood this morning?" She asked.

Tag: Waterhouse, Any

Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 12:44 am

A good night's rest, probably one of the most prescribed methods of revitalizing one's body and mind. He'd certainly slept, but he didn't feel anymore vital than he had when he'd gone to sleep. He'd have to talk to John later, but it was probably nothing more than stress accumulation.

Rolling out of bed and into a sitting position, Jeffery rubbed his eyes,"Computer, time?"

*"The current time is O-nine-thirty-two hours."* the computer replied in it's neutral, female tone.

Jeffery sighed, realizing he had a little less than a half hour to groom, dress, get breakfast, and report to the briefing. He managed the first two, still half asleep, but grabbed a scone out of the replicator, munching on it as he strolled down the corridor to the turbolift. He entered it just as Fitzroy did.

"Bridge." Jeffery commanded the lift with a mouthful of scone.

"Red looks good on you." Fitzroy commented, a little bit of a grin present.

He'd honestly forgotten that he had, in fact, put on his new, red command shirt instead of his familiar yellow.

"How does it feel?" Fitzroy inquired.

Jeffery just looked at him,"What?"

"You know, command. Being the exec on the ship." Fitzroy clarified, waving a hand up and down at Jeffery.

"Isn't much to tell so far. Only the first day. Even then, we're still at dock." Jeffery replied,"Though I do expect a heap of paperwork to sift through once I'm out of this briefing."

The lift opened up to the bridge. Both men strode across the bridge and into the briefing room where Archenon, Somers, and Waterhouse were waiting. Fitzroy and Jeffery both took seats at the table, promptly taking a look at the PADDs were laid out in front of them.

((Tag any))
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 1:07 am

"Mornin' Ms Somers, I hear you are taking up soccer? You know that's the wrong football, ball's the wrong shape for a start." John dropped into a chair and resolved to keep up this good mood for the whole voyage.

Looking up from her PADD Jasmine looked at Waterhouse with a scowl at his term of Ms Somers, she knew it was a greeting and a respectful hello so she let it slide this time.

"Morning" She said. "No I am not, I was invited to have a game with Lieutenant Seetar nothing more. I am happier in combat simulations where a Sword Gun or Mek'Leth and Bat'Leth are used, even a Dak'TagH and Quarter staff are acceptable" She said with a smile. "So why you in such a good mood this morning?" She asked.

"I am full of the joys of life Major, the joys of life. I'm keen to get back in space and see new worlds; our last excursion didn't really fulfil my expectations and wanderlust" John replied to Somers as Jeff and Fitzroy walked in. "Ah two more of our merry band of travelling companions!" the doctor was now treading just on the near side of irritating, his normally glum outlook suited him a bit better than this sudden lurch into effusive happiness.

<Tag Somers, Jeff/Fitz>
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 1:10 am

"Ah two more of our merry band of travelling companions!" the doctor was now treading just on the near side of irritating, his normally glum outlook suited him a bit better than this sudden lurch into effusive happiness.

Jeffery and Fitzroy both looked at John as he made his comment. Fitzroy did little more than nod towards John, but Jeffery took a little more interest.

"You're certainly upbeat, doctor." Jeffery commented as he passed by John to take a seat.

((Tag))

Last edited by Jeffery Cousland on Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 1:28 am

"You're certainly upbeat, doctor." Jeffery commented as he passed by John to take a seat.

"That is because Mr Cousland, we are going to perform some acts of pure research, a much more worth while task for a starship than trying to kill people, besides I look forward to working with my new Doctor and your good selves, Mr Darco and I had a marvellous dinner out which I found relaxing in the extreme, then I hear that the old Utopia have made it to the 3rd round of the Martian Cup and to crown it all off I hear that Corporal Timms is going to be able to walk again shortly. In essence I'm in a good mood, don't you go trying to burst it." John scooped the PADD off the table and began to read it, managing with diffculty to avoid whistling the Utopia University's popular terrace song 'Utopia is a place on Mars'.

OOC: I'm sorry, ok, it was a moment of weakness...
Back to top Go down
Joshua Seetar
Chief Engineering Officer
Chief Engineering Officer
Joshua Seetar

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:44 am

The yawn was definitely contagious.

Josh strolled the hallways of the Invincible, having just left Engineering, and his two yawns had already infected two passing crewmans. "Might have to speak to the doctor about that.." he thought happily to himself. Josh took a quick turbolift run to the bridge and entered the adjacent briefing room. Already a few of the senior staff had gathered, and grabbing a PADD, Seetar took a seat towards the end of the room.

(Tag evryone)
Back to top Go down
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:34 pm

Major Jasmine Somers
Marine CO
Briefing Room

"I am full of the joys of life Major, the joys of life. I'm keen to get back in space and see new worlds; our last excursion didn't really fulfil my expectations and wanderlust" John replied.

Jeff and Fitzroy walked in.

"Ah two more of our merry band of travelling companions!" the doctor was now treading just on the near side of irritating, his normally glum outlook suited him a bit better than this sudden lurch into effusive happiness.

Somers looked up and nodded to both new arrivals, then looked at Waterhouse.

"Geeze John You are psycotically chipper this day, whatever you had for breakfast, could you please give me the recipe?" She asked.

<Tag Waterhouse>

Then Seetar entered, "Morning Lieutenant" Somers said and she blushed a little oO dammit Jas get ahold of yourself, you are acting like a schoolgirl with a crush on the teacher Oo she thought oO When did I start thinking about Josh in such a way Oo She thought further to herself.

<Tag Seetar, All>
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 4:13 pm

"Geeze John You are psychotically chipper this day, whatever you had for breakfast, could you please give me the recipe?" She asked.

"I had a full Ulster fry down at McMurphy's on the starbase, terrible for the arteries but it really sets you up for the day. Talking of arteries did I tell you that Timms is going to be fine? He's walking again."

Then Seetar entered, "Morning Lieutenant" Somers said

John realising that Somers had lost the thread of his conversation with Josh's enterance sat back and studied the PADD in perperation for the briefing proper.
Back to top Go down
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:38 pm

Major Somers
Marine CO
Briefing Room

"I had a full Ulster fry down at McMurphy's on the starbase, terrible for the arteries but it really sets you up for the day. Talking of arteries did I tell you that Timms is going to be fine? He's walking again."

Jasmine was distracted, but realized that John had spoken, so looking back at him.

"I heard what you said Lieutenant, so a greasy fry up in the morning is the recipe huh?" She asked.

<Tag Waterhouse>

"So who is this Timms?" She asked again.

<Tag Waterhouse>
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:36 am

"I heard what you said Lieutenant, so a greasy fry up in the morning is the recipe huh?" She asked.

"I think a good night's sleep and a hearty breakfast cures many ills Major" replied the doctor.

"So who is this Timms?" She asked again.

"Remember the Marine who was badly hurt during our last mission?" John dropped the PADD back onto the table and became more serious, "Corporal Timms was his name, he's on the mend according to the Starbase medics, he'll probably never be an active duty Marine again, but he should be able to function."

The conversation had brought John back down a bit, the casualties from the last outing had receded and he'd got past most of the sorrow, a Doctor couldn't dwell too long on things and this shore leave had certainly helped.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:13 pm

Matt greeted each of the staff members in turn as they entered. After most had congregated and moved to their seats Matt began the meeting. "Gentlemen and ladies, I hope you are all doing well after our shore leave. As you may notice both myself and Lieutenant Cousland proudly wear a new pip today, along with Jeffery ascending to the position of Executive officer. I am proud to have him serving by my side, even in the absence of Commander Clarke."

Matt paused from speaking and pulled up a map on the front viewer. "This is the HE-331 Star System; mostly unexplored, but enough has been garnered from preliminary scans and such that Command knows nothing hostile lives on the world. It houses three planets, and as Engineering, Medical, and Science have already been informed two stand out in particular. Your teams will be assigned to gathering and researching as much specific data as possible. In depth requests and the like have all been forwarded to your personal PADDs for further review."

The Captain let all of the officers read through the plan; it was a fairly routine mission. "Major Somers, as you may have noticed we have some special work for you. This mission would be fairly boring for you and your Marines, so myself and Lieutenant Cousland have arranged for you to, along with your detachment, be transported to the SFMC Command Headquarters on Earth, where you will perform extensive training along with honing in general. You will get the chance to meet with high ranking command officers and also hone you and your unit's skills. I trust you and your soldiers will come out of this week as better Starfleet personnel in general. The SS Persephone will be docking with the Starbase later today, which you will meet."

-- tag Somers and all --

Matt nodded to the crew. "Any questions, my friends?"

-- tag all --
Back to top Go down
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 1:33 am

Major Somers
Marine CO
Briefing Room

"Major Somers, as you may have noticed we have some special work for you. This mission would be fairly boring for you and your Marines, so myself and Lieutenant Cousland have arranged for you to, along with your detachment, be transported to the SFMC Command Headquarters on Earth, where you will perform extensive training along with honing in general. You will get the chance to meet with high ranking command officers and also hone you and your unit's skills. I trust you and your soldiers will come out of this week as better Starfleet personnel in general. The SS Persephone will be docking with the Starbase later today, which you will meet."

After reading the Padd, she looked up after hearing what the Captain had said a little surprised.

"Acknowledged Captain, I cannot help wonder if you are either trying to get rid of the Marines off the ship, or if we are too gung ho for this" Holding her hand up "Do not get me wrong Captain I understand why you want to do this, but my main concern is and no offence meant to ship Security" She said looking at Cousland "After all what happens if you get attacked by a hostile species from outside the system, not having the Marines here would be a hinderence." Pause "So I have to wonder why now Captain?." She said.

<Tag Archenon>
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 2:15 am

"I'm not the Chief of Security anymore. Lieutenant Fitzroy is." Jeffery said, laxly gesturing to Fitzroy who sat across from him.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 2:34 am

Matt's brow furrowed. "Major Somers, this mission will not require the brute force that the Marines entail. I highly doubt even a phaser will be drawn. I think you should not be so quick to judge your situation selfishly, but see instead that this decision was made to please you. The Command staff discussed your situation and decided that yourself and detachment's best interest was extra training for a mission in the future that requires your expertise."

-- tag all --
Back to top Go down
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 2:34 pm

OOC: Any Hostility is IC ONLY, Remember this was a surprise to my Character and therefore she has the right to be a little upset, also I think you guys have not been around any Dark drama or have dealt with troubled and mildly hostile Officers for a long time, I am only giving my character depth.

IC

Major Somers
Marine CO
Briefing Room

"Major Somers, this mission will not require the brute force that the Marines entail. I highly doubt even a phaser will be drawn. I think you should not be so quick to judge your situation selfishly, but see instead that this decision was made to please you. The Command staff discussed your situation and decided that yourself and detachment's best interest was extra training for a mission in the future that requires your expertise."

Looking up at the Captain and a very nasty thought popping into her head and glad that she was unarmed, but controlling her temper was her forte.

"Admittedly Captain, I do not command a ship nor am I First Officer or Second Officer for that Matter. But I am a Senior Officer and as such should have been confronted with this, prior to this briefing, what I am saying Sir, is that you should have communicated this with me. I am not fond of surprises, especially ones like this, it would have been nice to know ahead of schedule. As I already said Captain, I understand why you are doing this and I am not upset on that, what upsets me is I was not informed before hand" She said, then with a small smile "I feel better now I have gotten that off my chest" She finished.

<Tag: Archenon>
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 3:29 pm

"Admittedly Captain, I do not command a ship nor am I First Officer or Second Officer for that Matter. But I am a Senior Officer and as such should have been confronted with this, prior to this briefing, what I am saying Sir, is that you should have communicated this with me. I am not fond of surprises, especially ones like this, it would have been nice to know ahead of schedule. As I already said Captain, I understand why you are doing this and I am not upset on that, what upsets me is I was not informed before hand" She said, then with a small smile "I feel better now I have gotten that off my chest" She finished.

"That would be the idea of a staff briefing, Major. To inform." Jeffery said as he sat in a relaxed posture in his seat.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:32 pm

Matt's expression lightened slightly. "I agree, Lieutenant. Major, we are informing you right now and that should be enough for you. Now, before I dismiss you all, we will be departing tomorrow. I trust all of you will have your departments prepared, especially you, Ms. Somers."

"Any final questions?"
Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:51 am

-- 24 hour mission start warning --
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:43 am

John's face fell as he listened to the interchange between the Marine and the Captain. There had been conflict between them, and more importantly between the new XO and Somers since the day she came aboard. After witnessing the trial of strength that took place on the bridge during the hight of the last mission John was if anything slightly glad that this battle was to be given time to cool off. However he did feel slightly for Somers, being packaged off to Earth when the rest of the crew would be spending time exploring a wide new frontier, exactly what John loved about the fleet.

Deciding that it was none of his business to get involved in this clash of personalities the doctor went back to reading about the planets and considered taking something for the acid reflux that appeared to be the revenge of the glorious fried breakfast he'd enjoyed so much earlier.
Back to top Go down
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 1:07 am

OOC: Matt I have a Topic Idea for what we talked about, I just got to put the blasted thing into Sim format.

IC
Major Somers
Marine CO
Corridor

Jasmine left the briefing room, the logic of the instructions did not matter, she was none too happy about the orders, but for all her hard headedness, she knew when to relent and accept things.

oO My men are not going to be happy about this Oo She thought as she entered the Turbolift.

Personal Quarters

She arrived in her personal quarters fifteen minutes later and began to pack, only pausing to notify her Marines.

=/\= Major Somers to all Marines pack all carriable and report to the lounge on the Starbase, we have to do some furthuer training and as the next mission is a peaceful one, we shall not be needed. So I expect to see all Marines in the Starbase Departure loung in two hours, Somers out =/\= She finished then closed the Commbadge link.

Marine Accomodations

All the Marines hear the Communcations from Major Somers, they also noted the tone of her voice, she was not happy, but orders were orders so they began to pack their peronal items.

OOC: I will post the next bit in the Mission Posting area under a different Topic title as not to confuse matters with the mainline current sim that will be happening.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 12:14 am

"Alright folks, with no more questions, prepare your departments for departure. Thank you." With that, the Captain stood and left the office. He was only slightly perturbed by Jasmine's reaction; the Major was a hard head but she would follow order. Matt headed for his quarters in preparation for the Invincible's 2nd mission.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing   USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing Empty

Back to top Go down

USS Invincible - Reaching the Stars Official Mission Briefing
Page 1 of 1