USS Invincible -- Bravo Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the USS Invincible, a newly commissioned Excelsior class refit under the command of Captain Matthew Archenon. The Invincible is a detachment of Bravo Fleet's Task Force 38. This is it's official forum for role-playing and socializing.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa) Empty
PostSubject: Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa)   Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa) EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 3:29 am

Matt sat back in the small office that had been granted to him for the duration of his stay on Starbase 185. He was reading through the various reports from Engineering on the repairs of the vessel after their run in with their mysterious enemy when a chime came up on his computer screen.

Pulling out the closed up screen, Matt was surprised to find the hail was from Rear Admiral S'iraa, the Caitian Commanding Officer of Task Force 38. He answered it immediately, greeted by the furry face of the Admiral. "Admiral S'iraa, my pleasure. What do I owe your visit to today?"

-- tag S'iraa --

Matt nodded, his eyebrow cocking slightly suspiciously. He tapped his combadge. "Lieutenant Cousland, please report to my office as soon as possible."

-- tag Cousland --
Back to top Go down
https://invincible.canadian-forum.com
S'iraa
Task Force CO
Task Force CO

PostSubject: Re: Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa)   Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa) EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 3:48 am

Matt sat back in the small office that had been granted to him for the duration of his stay on Starbase 185. He was reading through the various reports from Engineering on the repairs of the vessel after their run in with their mysterious enemy when a chime came up on his computer screen.

Pulling out the closed up screen, Matt was surprised to find the hail was from Rear Admiral S'iraa, the Caitian Commanding Officer of Task Force 38. He answered it immediately, greeted by the furry face of the Admiral. "Admiral S'iraa, my pleasure. What do I owe your visit to today?"

S'iraa saw the face of the Commander appear on screen. "I wanted to get an update from you regarding the operational status of your ship." With everything that was coming to a head in the sector he wanted to know who and what was available to him in order to combat what loomed on the horizon.

Matt nodded, his eyebrow cocking slightly suspiciously. He tapped his combadge. "Lieutenant Cousland, please report to my office as soon as possible."

-- tag Cousland --
Back to top Go down
http://dreadnought.bravofleet.com/
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa)   Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa) EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 4:10 am

S'iraa saw the face of the Commander appear on screen. "I wanted to get an update from you regarding the operational status of your ship." With everything that was coming to a head in the sector he wanted to know who and what was available to him in order to combat what loomed on the horizon.

--------------

Jeffery rolled onto his back, rubbing his eyes,"Aye, sir."

He called out to the computer, asking for the time. It reported back, indicating that only about an hour had passed since he'd passed out in his quarters. Jeffery quietly muttered to himself as he jumped up out of bed, mentioning that there'd better be a fire or a Borg invasion happening right this minute to drag him away from his bed after having been on an extended duty shift.

-------------

<tag Matt/S'iraa>
Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa)   Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa) EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 8:07 pm

--------------

He called out to the computer, asking for the time. It reported back, indicating that only about an hour had passed since he'd passed out in his quarters. Jeffery quietly muttered to himself as he jumped up out of bed, mentioning that there'd better be a fire or a Borg invasion happening right this minute to drag him away from his bed after having been on an extended duty shift.

-------------

Matt closed off the comm between the Lieutenant junior grade and turned back to S'iraa. "Cousland is one of my senior officers who was around for the entirety of our mission. He'll be a valuable asset in our briefing."

-- tag S'iraa / Cousland --
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa)   Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa) EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 11:45 pm

--------------

-------------

Matt closed off the comm between the Lieutenant junior grade and turned back to S'iraa. "Cousland is one of my senior officers who was around for the entirety of our mission. He'll be a valuable asset in our briefing."

The lift halted, opening up to reveal a corridor that lead off to the transporter room. Jeffery could see Fitzroy tinkering away with another yellow collar on a panel.

"Fitzroy, what are you doing?"

"Just, uh." Fitzroy started, frantically looking around the console.

Eventually he looked up at Jeffery,"Nothing, sir."

A grin was produced on Jeffery's face,"We're on leave Karl, go have some fun!"

Fitzroy smiled sheepishly,"Yes, sir."

Jeffery continued on, eventually wandering into the transporter room,"I'll need to be getting to the nearest pad to the captain's office on the base. Wherever that may be."

The chief gave a nod,"Ready, sir."

"Beam me away."

A moment later, Jeffery found himself in a bustling part of the station. His exhaustion didn't help with processing all the various stimuli around him. It did though aid in giving him one killer headache.

After several inquiries to the station computer, and asking several other station inhabitants directions, he eventually found his way to Archenon's temporary office. Attempting to rub the sleep off his face one more time, he jabbed the chime.

((tag Matt/S'iraa))
Back to top Go down
S'iraa
Task Force CO
Task Force CO

PostSubject: Re: Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa)   Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa) EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:57 am

--------------

-------------

The lift halted, opening up to reveal a corridor that lead off to the transporter room. Jeffery could see Fitzroy tinkering away with another yellow collar on a panel.

Jeffery continued on, eventually wandering into the transporter room,"I'll need to be getting to the nearest pad to the captain's office on the base. Wherever that may be."

"Beam me away."

A moment later, Jeffery found himself in a bustling part of the station. His exhaustion didn't help with processing all the various stimuli around him. It did though aid in giving him one killer headache.

After several inquiries to the station computer, and asking several other station inhabitants directions, he eventually found his way to Archenon's temporary office. Attempting to rub the sleep off his face one more time, he jabbed the chime.

Patiently waiting, Admiral S'iraa paid attention to a report given to him by a Lt in blue just off screen, he was in no rush. "I trust the ship has reached your expectations?" He asked while waiting for the other officer.
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa)   Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa) EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:38 pm

--------------

-------------

"Beam me away."

Patiently waiting, Admiral S'iraa paid attention to a report given to him by a Lt in blue just off screen, he was in no rush. "I trust the ship has reached your expectations?" He asked while waiting for the other officer.

((Tag Archenon))

Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa)   Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa) EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:46 pm

--------------

-------------

"Beam me away."

"Aye, it definitely has, sir. The short time I've been with her has been... exciting, to say the least."

Matt had just finished his statement to the Admiral when his door chime went off. "Ahh, here's the Lieutenant. Come!" The door swooshed open, admitting Jeffery into the room. Matt pointed out a chair in front of the desk and turned the computer's monitor to face both of the officers. "This is Lieutenant junior grade Jeffery Cousland, my Chief of Tactical and Security. He was around for most of the mission, including the away team and internal affairs following my... capture."
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa)   Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa) EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 6:40 am

--------------

-------------

"Beam me away."

"Aye, it definitely has, sir. The short time I've been with her has been... exciting, to say the least."

Matt had just finished his statement to the Admiral when his door chime went off. "Ahh, here's the Lieutenant. Come!" The door swooshed open, admitting Jeffery into the room. Matt pointed out a chair in front of the desk and turned the computer's monitor to face both of the officers. "This is Lieutenant junior grade Jeffery Cousland, my Chief of Tactical and Security. He was around for most of the mission, including the away team and internal affairs following my... capture."

Jeffery stood at attention in the Admiral's presence, unsure of actually taking the seat,"Sir."

((Tag Matt/S'iraa))
Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa)   Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa) EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 4:10 am

--------------

-------------

"Beam me away."

Jeffery stood at attention in the Admiral's presence, unsure of actually taking the seat,"Sir."

The Captain furrowed his brow at the officer. Jeffery was a good man, but a little rigidly set in formality. "Please, Jeff, take a seat." Matt turned back to the Admiral. "The mission started off relatively normally. Preliminary readings of the cube showed extensive hull damage and no distinguishable signs of life. Upon closer investigation the damages were plasma based, and not phaser related."

"After no sure signs of life were found on board I organized a extensive search party. A few Borg might possibly still be active so myself, my XO, Marine CO, and Jeff here, traveled along with a Security squad and Marine detachment to the cube. We split up and investigated, while unbeknownst to us the Invincible lost her transporter lock on us. My Second Officer took official charge, and after determining our systems were being jammed by an outside force a manual runabout squadron was launched to manually evacuate the away team, led by my Chief Flight Control Officer. The mission was successful, although we took six Marine KIAs, three wounded, and one Security officer dead."

"Upon returning we attempted to normalize the situation, but shortly after the full crew arrived back on board myself and my XO were abrubtly kidnapped right off of the ship. Our engines down along with our sensors fooled, manual probes were dispatched which discovered a mass a ways off. After Engineering and Tactical coordinated to modulate our shields a suprise attack was launched, which knocked out the vessel's hold over us. The Invincible took off, guns blazing, and knocked out the shields of the enemy long enough for me to be rescued."

"While I was kidnapped we were kept in a cell for most of the duration, although once the attack began we were shuffled quickly off. Stuns and such were used, so I was unconscious during this time. I woke up in the Invincible's med bay... lacking a Number One. Sarah Clarke was logged as killed in action after her human signature did not pick up. This is quite a strike of a good officer so early on in the Invincible's career."

Matt paused, nodding to Jeffery Cousland. "While I was 'away' our excellent Second Officer Lieutenant Seetar took command. Joshua is a great officer, and while I can see a future for him in Command, he declined the ascension to XO. Mr. Cousland, I'm sure this will come as a shock to you, but I've chosen you as the next XO of the Invincible."

-- tag Jeff --

Matt watched the man's response with a hint of humor gleaming in his eyes. The young officer had certainly not expected this update. "Your past experiences, exemplary record, and extensive CO recommendations have warranted this position. I'm proud to also grant you this." Matt took from his side pocket a gold dot, which upon further inspection was revealed to be a full officer's pip.

"Congratulations, Lieutenant Cousland." Matt watched Cousland's face closely, gauging his reaction, along with S'iraa out of the corner of his eye. The two had talked briefly and the Caitian Admiral approved of his choice.

-- tag Jeff / S'iraa --
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa)   Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa) EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 4:24 am

--------------

-------------

"Beam me away."

The Captain furrowed his brow at the officer. Jeffery was a good man, but a little rigidly set in formality. "Please, Jeff, take a seat." Matt turned back to the Admiral. "The mission started off relatively normally. Preliminary readings of the cube showed extensive hull damage and no distinguishable signs of life. Upon closer investigation the damages were plasma based, and not phaser related."

"After no sure signs of life were found on board I organized a extensive search party. A few Borg might possibly still be active so myself, my XO, Marine CO, and Jeff here, traveled along with a Security squad and Marine detachment to the cube. We split up and investigated, while unbeknownst to us the Invincible lost her transporter lock on us. My Second Officer took official charge, and after determining our systems were being jammed by an outside force a manual runabout squadron was launched to manually evacuate the away team, led by my Chief Flight Control Officer. The mission was successful, although we took six Marine KIAs, three wounded, and one Security officer dead."

"Upon returning we attempted to normalize the situation, but shortly after the full crew arrived back on board myself and my XO were abrubtly kidnapped right off of the ship. Our engines down along with our sensors fooled, manual probes were dispatched which discovered a mass a ways off. After Engineering and Tactical coordinated to modulate our shields a suprise attack was launched, which knocked out the vessel's hold over us. The Invincible took off, guns blazing, and knocked out the shields of the enemy long enough for me to be rescued."

"While I was kidnapped we were kept in a cell for most of the duration, although once the attack began we were shuffled quickly off. Stuns and such were used, so I was unconscious during this time. I woke up in the Invincible's med bay... lacking a Number One. Sarah Clarke was logged as killed in action after her human signature did not pick up. This is quite a strike of a good officer so early on in the Invincible's career."

Matt paused, nodding to Jeffery Cousland. "While I was 'away' our excellent Second Officer Lieutenant Seetar took command. Joshua is a great officer, and while I can see a future for him in Command, he declined the ascension to XO. Mr. Cousland, I'm sure this will come as a shock to you, but I've chosen you as the next XO of the Invincible."

"I uh-" Jeffery fidgeted a little in his seat,"Thank you, sir."

Matt watched the man's response with a hint of humor gleaming in his eyes. The young officer had certainly not expected this update. "Your past experiences, exemplary record, and extensive CO recommendations have warranted this position. I'm proud to also grant you this." Matt took from his side pocket a gold dot, which upon further inspection was revealed to be a full officer's pip.

"Congratulations, Lieutenant Cousland." Matt watched Cousland's face closely, gauging his reaction, along with S'iraa out of the corner of his eye. The two had talked briefly and the Caitian Admiral approved of his choice.

Jeffery had a bit of a gaping smile as he stood up from his seat, eagerly awaiting the pip,"Thank you sir, I'll serve you proudly."

((Tag Matt/S'iraa))
Back to top Go down
S'iraa
Task Force CO
Task Force CO

PostSubject: Re: Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa)   Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 8:21 am

--------------

-------------

"Beam me away."

"I uh-" Jeffery fidgeted a little in his seat,"Thank you, sir."

Jeffery had a bit of a gaping smile as he stood up from his seat, eagerly awaiting the pip,"Thank you sir, I'll serve you proudly."

S'iraa overheard the promotion, it was always pleasing to see officers rewarded for efforts put in. "Also Commander, I will be submitting orders to you after this outlining updated intelligence information about the region and items of note to be on the look out for. Also it has been noted your term as Task Group Commanding Officer has gone well, as such you are promoted to Captain, you clearance and access will be updated also after this." S'iraa said, one hand tapping buttons to do just that.

Tag
Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa)   Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa) EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 4:15 am

Matt gaped slightly at the TFCO's announcement. It had come off relatively non chalantly, but none the less Archenon had attained the rank of Captain and a surge of pride flowed through his body. "Thank you, sir." Matt grinned at his newly appointed XO who sat in the seat opposite him.

Matt closed out the conversation with the Admiral shortly afterwards. The newly promoted Captain could see the heavy bags under Cousland's eyes and realized that he had probably been up the last two days almost straight. As the computer screen winked out Matt turned to fully face the Lieutenant. "Alright, Mr. Cousland. As my first executive decision as full Captain I hereby sentence you to eight hours good sleep." A glimpse of happiness flickered in his eyes. "We'll discuss more and get you settled in tomorrow, but for the rest of today I'd like you to just enjoy your shore leave time. Dismissed."

-- optional tag to Jeff, will close this out tomorrow --
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa)   Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa) EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:22 am

Looks good to me. Get it posted so I can finish out Jeff's shoreleave!
Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa)   Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa) EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 11:14 pm

Posted and locked. /clank
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa)   Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa) Empty

Back to top Go down

Appointments (Cousland & S'iraa)
Page 1 of 1