USS Invincible -- Bravo Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the USS Invincible, a newly commissioned Excelsior class refit under the command of Captain Matthew Archenon. The Invincible is a detachment of Bravo Fleet's Task Force 38. This is it's official forum for role-playing and socializing.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars

Go down 
+2
Joshua Seetar
Matthew Archenon
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars Empty
PostSubject: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 1:58 am

(( Good luck, crew! Let's make this second mission a GREAT one! ))

Captain Matthew Archenon strolled through the corridors of the Excelsior class refit USS Invincible, his newly ironed Command red uniform feeling comfortable on his freshly rested body. Matt was on his way to the bridge; today marked the Invincible's disembarkment on her second mission, to explore and research a small star cluster in the Delta Quadrant. Excitement coursed through the Starfleet officer's veins as he took the turbolift to the bridge. He stepped out to be greeted by most of the members of his senior staff. Matt strode to the center chair and took a seat. "Captain Archenon to Engineering, I trust our engines are operational, Lieutenant?"

-- tag Josh --

Matt chuckled at the response. "Alright, thank you, Josh." Matt turned to his executive officer, seated in the executive officer's chair. "So, Lieutenant, you ready to get underway?"

-- tag Cousland --

Archenon nodded his head in agreement. "All crew, prepare for launch. Mr. Darco, initiate our set coordinates on my mark."

-- tag Darco and crew --
Back to top Go down
https://invincible.canadian-forum.com
Joshua Seetar
Chief Engineering Officer
Joshua Seetar

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:32 am

Josh left his quarters, setting a fast pace for himself. He walked quickly through the halls of the Invincible, nodding to a few officers and crewmembers along the way. As he reached a turbolift he was bussed down to Engineering. He emerged and felt at home. The smell of grease was refreshing to the Lieutenant.

"Chief, report." he said, walking around and checking diagnostics of the ship's systems. All was good but the last minute precautions never hurt. As he was being filled in as the Captain radioed down.

"Captain Archenon to Engineering, I trust our engines are operational, Lieutenant?"

"Of course, Captain, ready and rearing to go."

As Matt closed the channel Josh took a seat at a console and watched the indicators of the Excelsior's engines as she prepared for take off.

(Tag Everyne)
Back to top Go down
Argelian Rylov
Chief Science Officer
Chief Science Officer

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:53 am

Argelian Rylov was already having second thoughts about his new posting, mainly because he could not believe that a Romulan could be accepted in Starfleet. He knew his sister's life was in danger because of it and was being held prisoner on Carraya IV. The pain of that knowledge, he thought. And the navigator was a Klingon! What luck, as they call it. Hopefully he is not a Qu'Hom like most of them are, he thought. He was making his way up to the bridge at Captain Archenon's orders for all bridge officers to move to their stations as the ship was preparing to leave spacedock. He approached the turbolift, and just as the doors open Shalla Itris looked up at him from inside. He stopped momentarily as if stunned for he had seen Andorians but never anyone like her, and then after giving a nod he strode confidently into the turbolift and the doors closed behind him. After the turbolift began to move, he grinned sarcastically and said "You know, for an Andorian there seems to be something missing," he chuckled, continuing, "but in all seriousness, do not hesitate to ask for help with tactical, as I am also trained for that. I am Ensign Rylov."

--tag Shalla--

Not in the least bit surprised in her response, he just kept grinning and when they reached the bridge he hurried off the turbolift to escape further chastisement. He promptly took his place at the science station. He gave one last glance at the now grimacing tactical officer and sarcastically smiled again before turning back to his station. Just then the Captain spoke, "All crew, prepare for launch. Mr. Darco, initiate our set coordinates on my mark."

"Aye sir. Wait, Captain. The sensors don't seem to be functioning normally."

--Tag Archenon--
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:57 am

----------
CMO's Office
Off Main Sickbay
Deck 7
----------
"Thanks Dallen, go give those out." John had just finished a twenty minute session of timetabling and crew shift rotations with the Head Nurse. He stood and stretched his arms behind his back yawning as the Bolian woman bustled out of the room with an arm full of PADDs. Glancing at the wall display he could see there were no patients in the Sickbay and that departure time was growing near. John had never quite lost the thrill of deep space, even a return to his native Mars to discover his sister now had a child had not tempted him away from this life. Resolving to enjoy the mission, in a manner that the violent encounter with Borg and other creatures had not permitted last time, he shrugged on his comfortable blue lab coat and strode out after Dallen.

Outside the office in the main Sickbay Dr James Adam, the most junior and inexperienced of his medical officers, was sitting at the duty doctor's desk reviewing case notes from the Starbase medical facility. A couple of other medical personnel were labouring to calibrate and test all of the various scanners and probes in the store rooms, it was unashamed make-work from their chief and John was slightly embarrassed to have inflicted it. 'Yes, Johnny Boy but idle hands make mischief' the inner voice normally so scathing was relaxed too. "I'm going topside Dr Adam, I assume you can manage?" the younger man looked up from his reading and replied "I think we'll be fine Sir, I've only got another thirty two of these to read." his tone suggested a hope of reprieve; which John was only too happy to dash. "In my junior days on the Nightingale Dr Stewart had me catalogue the entire microbiology suite before departure once. Think yourself lucky I only need you to check we haven't picked up anything nasty from the Starbase." Continuing his purposeful walk Dr Waterhouse was out of the Sickbay and into the turbolift before James could think of a reply.

"Bridge", John leaned on the wall of the lift and considered the possibilities this mission might hold. It was a short wait and the lift disgorged the CMO onto the bridge of the Invincible. Just in time to hear the Romulan man at the science station announce "Wait, Captain. The sensors don't seem to be functioning normally."

"That would be typical of this ship, Sickbay is ready; and apparently waiting Sir." John addressed the Captain, relaxing back against the wall next to the turbolift.

--Tag Matt, and anyone else on the Bridge --

Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:54 am

Matt chuckled at the response. "Alright, thank you, Josh." Matt turned to his executive officer, seated in the executive officer's chair. "So, Lieutenant, you ready to get underway?"

"Yes, sir." Jeffery replied, preoccupied with his own side console.

Matthew carried on with his ready checks around the bridge, eventually giving note for Darco to take them out and away. That's when the ensign manning the science station made statement.

"Aye sir. Wait, Captain. The sensors don't seem to be functioning normally."

Jeffery got up out of his seat, coming to stand over the console where the ensign was, leaning on the wall portion of the panel,"Looks like a spike in the EPS flows."

"Bridge to Engineering, Lieutenant Seetar, you've got some work to do it looks like. We're experiencing some difficulties with the directional sensor array."

((Tag Seetar))

"Fitzroy, anything on passive sensors?" Jeffery inquired to tactical as he turned around, taking a few steps towards Fitzroy's console.

Fitzroy worked his console,"Nothing but previously identified contacts. The sky is clear, sir."

"If anything does pop out, our passive scanners will pick it up." Jeffery commented to Matthew.

((Tag Archenon))
Back to top Go down
Joshua Seetar
Joshua Seetar

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 4:18 am

"Yes sir on my way with a team." Seetar motioned for a unit of Engineering officers to follow him. He set a fast pace for the group and the four men and one woman strode through the halls of the Invincible. "Grab a toolkit, Crewman," he said, motioning at one of the burly males following him. They stepped on the turbolift and were shuttled up to the bridge.

"Sorry, gentlemen and ladies, we'll get these sensors fixed in no time so we can get underway." Josh turned to a Petty Officer to his left. "Check the outer recievers to see if they're the problem. The Starbase's repair crew should've fixed all damage but we'll see..." Josh knelt at the Science console, popping a panel out. He messed and played with the wires and such hidden below until the Science station's sensors lit up. "Got it," said the Lieutenant, standing up happily. A roguish grin on his face he nodded to Ensign Rylov and then turned to the Captain and the XP. "Sorry, sirs," he said, a hint of joy still apparent in his voice. With a rather sloppy salute he then turned and exited the bridge, following the rest of his squad out. As they traveled back to Engineering he informed his staff. "Just a minor connection error. One of the console's display and action wires was unfused to it's housing; a quick fix." The gathered engineers nodded, and then returned to Engineering.

Josh walked to his console. "Engineering to Bridge, warming up the engines now. Ready to power up the Core on your mark."

(Tag Everyone)
Back to top Go down
Argelian Rylov
Chief Science Officer
Chief Science Officer

PostSubject: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 5:51 am

"Sorry, gentlemen and ladies, we'll get these sensors fixed in no time so we can get underway." Josh turned to a Petty Officer to his left. "Check the outer recievers to see if they're the problem. The Starbase's repair crew should've fixed all damage but we'll see..." Josh knelt at the Science console, popping a panel out. He messed and played with the wires and such hidden below until the Science station's sensors lit up. "Got it," said the Lieutenant, standing up happily. A roguish grin on his face he nodded to Ensign Rylov and then turned to the Captain and the XP. "Sorry, sirs," he said, a hint of joy still apparent in his voice.

Ensign Rylov may have grinned, and said, "Ah, a simple solution. Your effort is much appreciated, Mr. Seetar." He slowly shook his head and let the grin come fully to his face.

With a rather sloppy salute Seetar then turned and exited the bridge, following the rest of his squad out.

"Captain, everything appears to be in order. I have made preparations for science staff to be ready for planetary survey when we arrive in the HE 331 star cluster, sir."

--tag Archenon--

"Oh Doctor, you and I both know ships, just as beings, have kinks that need to be worked out of them. Do not be too dismayed, as I feel our Engineer is quite capable of handling matters." Waves hand dismissively as he speaks.

--tag Dr. Waterhouse--
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 1:40 pm

"Oh Doctor, you and I both know ships, just as beings, have kinks that need to be worked out of them. Do not be too dismayed, as I feel our Engineer is quite capable of handling matters." Waves hand dismissively as he speaks.

"That's true, most people have kinks needing knocked out of them and Mr Seetar's pretty good at his job," John turned from the Romulan, unsure entirely what to make of the cocky new arrival. "he wasn't bad at your's either Jeff" the Doctor walked over to the dividing rail and stood behind the XO's chair as he spoke. "I'm having dinner with my staff tonight, join us if you like?"

--Tag Cousland--

Stepping back to his position by the turbolift out of the way; Waterhouse allowed his mind to wander as he watched the view of the dock on the main screen.

OOC: Wow I could just hang about the bridge annoying people all mission at this rate :-)
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:09 pm

"That's true, most people have kinks needing knocked out of them and Mr Seetar's pretty good at his job," John turned from the Romulan, unsure entirely what to make of the cocky new arrival. "he wasn't bad at your's either Jeff" the Doctor walked over to the dividing rail and stood behind the XO's chair as he spoke. "I'm having dinner with my staff tonight, join us if you like?"

"Certainly, doctor." Jeffery replied.

He hadn't interacted much with Waterhouse, having gone in for an injury to his wrist just after having arrived on the Invincible. There hadn't been many crew at all that Jeffery had interacted with outside of work. Fitzroy had been a frequent run in though, and there was Michelle whom he'd been to dinner with once. Course that particular relationship with Michelle might need to be examined since he was now the Executive Officer on the ship. Last thing he wanted was for there to be discomfort on either side of this initial spark of the association.

((Tag Everyone))
Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 7:15 pm

Matt received the comm from Engineering and decided the crew was all ready to depart. "Helm, take us out, 1/2 impulse. On my mark, jump to warp 7 on the preset coordinates."

With his orders acknowledged Matt sat back in his seat. The hard leather was rather comfortable, he had to admit. The playful banter exchanged by the bridge crew was satisfying, and he felt the shudder of the Excelsior class as they broke their dock and picked up speed. "Put our forward viewer to a rear projection, Ops," he ordered calmly. The view changed to the Starbase, which grew smaller and smaller as they pushed forward. "Mr. Fitzroy, please transmit our condolences to the Starbase at your earliest convenience."

"Aye, sir," the Tactical officer replied.

Matt watched on his console as they reached a suitable distance away, and then sat full up in his chair. "Mark, Helm, Warp 7 to the star system." The mission had begun. Matt stood from his seat. The estimated time to their destination was a good amount of hours, and he knew it would be mostly unproductive throughout this time. Archenon checked his chrono, seeing it was around 12:00 noon Earth time. "Mr. Rylov, you interested to get a bite to eat?"

-- tag Rylov --

Matt chuckled and motioned for the Romulan officer to follow him to the turbolift.

-- tag Rylov --

(( With our relative distance from the Delta Quadrant in mind, we'll have 'till the next day to travel. Off duty activites like Medical and Cousland's dinner can take place during this time ))
Back to top Go down
Argelian Rylov
Chief Science Officer
Chief Science Officer

PostSubject: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 8:58 pm

As the Captain gave the order to move out of spacedock the ship lurched forward slowly, crawling out of its hibernation cave and out into the open vacuum of space. It never ceased to amaze Ensign Rylov at how wonderous the docking and undocking of magnificent starships at massive starbases with all of the larger than life mechanisms and features. So much technology, and yet we know so little, he thought. At that moment, the Captain turned and addressed him while he was glancing over the consoles, still familiarizing himself with this ship and Starfleet technology in general. "Mr. Rylov, you interested to get a bite to eat?"

Immediately turning to face the Captain, Argelian was stunned by such a request, especially so soon after getting under way. "Captain, although I am not accustomed to such a request from a commanding officer or so soon after departure, I would be delighted to join you. What did you have in mind?" He grinned. This was going to be interesting.

The Captain arose and motioned him to the turbolift. Ensign Rylov immediately arose from his station and was replaced by a junior science officer. As they moved toward the turbolift, he glanced at the doctor. "Doctor, will you also be joining us?"

--tag Dr. Waterhouse--

--tag Capt. Archenon--
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 12:18 am

"Certainly, doctor." Jeffery replied.

"Excellent, If you wouldn't mind asking Fitzroy and perhaps a few others from Security? I'm planning to make it a bit of a wardroom mixer" elaborated John.

Stepping back to his position by the turbolift out of the way; Waterhouse allowed his mind to wander as he watched the view of the dock on the main screen.

"Doctor, will you also be joining us?"

"No, I'll leave you to the tender mercies of the Captain alone, but I shall share your 'lift. I'm heading down to Engineering to see if I can get Seetar involved, you're welcome to join up later." he told the scientist.

John continued inside his head 'and possibly Seetar could be persuaded to bring Ensign Thomas'. The Doctor had decided to take it upon himself to be a happier person, this would start by trying to make the crew gel together a bit more... besides it would be interesting to see if Dallen's gossip about the XO was true.

[Time Passes and presumably the Captain and Rylov leave - If you need me to interact with you some more then tag me back in!]

After the 'lift emptied John instructed it to head for Main Engineering, the quiet thrum of the warp reactor and the gentle noises of an efficient and busy work crew greeted the thin man in blue as he entered the heart of the ship.

John had never felt as out of place; minor repairs to a medical tool were one thing but this complex machine was quite another. 'Well I guess they'd be out of their depth in open heart surgery too'; the Voice being reassuring was new. John briefly considered the possibility that he talked to himself too much and was infact mad. This short interlude brought a smile to his face, leading to the Invincible's Chief Engineer being confronted with the picture of a confused looking - yet manically grinning - Doctor.

"Fancy Dinner?" trying to gauge a reaction "Wardroom, Deck 2 1900h, you should bring some of your staff, including you're number two, emm Ms Thomas?" he asked. 'Subtle like a brick' said the Voice.

--Tag Seetar--
Back to top Go down
Darco
Chief Flight Control Officer
Darco

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 10:16 am

Dacro wasn't overly listening to the interpersonal relations of the ship today... He had gotten a message from home that morning, long in transit given their mission and what they were doing, his Father had sent word that his Mother had fallen ill. Nothing serious it turned out, about a week later he got a message from his Mother about how things were better, but he had not responded and thus they - she meant she - had figured he had better things to do than keep an eye on his family, or his honor.

He knew that he was not in a frame of mind to socialize, his natural tendencies were to be confrontational even when there was nothing to confront. Today was one of those days. He had been quiet during the briefing, noted the departure of the Marines and thought it was a good idea. A completely independent chain of command on the ship, loyalties split, as a Marine Somers had honor and seemed completely loyal to Starfleet Command but her people were not of the ship exactly, they were of the Marine Corp, something wasn't right about that.

The Captain ordered him to prepare to depart, so he did with a quiet but not too quiet, "Aye Sir, course laid in." as he did so. The sensors didn't seem to be operating properly, before he could mention it the Science Chief did... Good, he could stay quiet longer, he knew he he opened his mouth he would say something that might cause problems, he didn't want to do that by any means.

The Captain ordered him to proceed at half impulse power... "Aye sir, one half impulse power."

He set the impulse engines and engaged them. As they cleared the station he laid in the proper course, setting the intimidate heading, he also coordinated electronically with Ops to finalize the flight plan of the ship, though it wasn't as if that was strictly required, the flight plan had been approved before the ship was to leave, he had put it into memory ready to load and set the previous day.

Then came the threshold to accelerate to Warp 7... "Aye sir, Warp 7."

Working the controls he wondered if he had been too abrupt, humans could take so many things as about them... Of course, to be fair, so could Klingons. Humans thought they had the monopoly on parents putting unreasonable demands or guilt onto their children. Klingons were a passionate people, more so than most Humans in how close their passions were to the surface. That much passion directed at making a person feel guilty... He didn't want to think ill of another species but... Humans had nothing on Klingons when it came to mothers and their ability to ruin your week with a few choice words.

He would get a message from his Father soon, probably was already on its way, a message apologizing for his mothers behavior but making the point that she had a point. He was sure he couldn't keep the sigh from his face, it was good for him that he faced the front of the ship.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/titanshadow
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:21 am

The Captain nodded politely at the Chief Medical Officer, and as the three crowded inside Matt said aloud, "Bar." He inclined his head to Waterhouse and allowed him to input his selection of decks, and then the turbolift shot off, flying downwards. The doors opened a moment later, and Archenon exited along with the Ensign. "So, Mr. Rylov, have you enjoyed your stay on the Invincible thus far?"

-- tag Argelian --

Matt nodded. He directed the Romulan officer into the bar, where crew and civilians of various races mingled and ate. The calming sound of friendly laughter filled the room, along the with the sweet smells of foods of diverse cultures. The Captain received a few nods and salutes of respect, and the man returned them with a friendly smile or wink. He took a seat and invited Rylov to do the same. As both waited for a waitress to serve them Matt started up a conversation. "So, Ensign, you looking forward to this upcoming mission? Should be an interesting one for you, Mr. Waterhouse, and Mr. Seetar."

-- tag Argelian --
Back to top Go down
Joshua Seetar
Joshua Seetar

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 1:12 am

Josh was preparing to leave Engineering when slightly out of the blue entered the Invincible's CMO, Lieutenant John Waterhouse. He approached Seetar. "Fancy Dinner?" John asked, trying to gauge a reaction "Wardroom, Deck 2 1900h, you should bring some of your staff, including you're number two, emm Ms Thomas?"

Seetar smiled and nodded. "Sure thing... I'll see what I can do about bringing a few of the crew."

(Tag John)

Josh watched with a happy expression as the doctor left. He was a good man, and socialization within the crew was always a good thing. Josh took out his personal PADD and set about sending a brief invitation to the dinner to three of his officers. Hopefully they could relax and enjoy themselves before their research and sampling began.
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:47 am

Seetar smiled and nodded. "Sure thing... I'll see what I can do about bringing a few of the crew."

"Excellent, it's my plan to get everyone a bit better acquainted." with that John turned and beat a retreat out of the complex looking engine room.

Josh watched with a happy expression as the doctor left. He was a good man, and socialization within the crew was always a good thing. Josh took out his personal PADD and set about sending a brief invitation to the dinner to three of his officers. Hopefully they could relax and enjoy themselves before their research and sampling began.

Arriving back in sickbay whistling, all of the invitations for dinner dispensed, John was ready for the day. With the ship gently cruising there was little chance of major injury, this shift would best be spent reading the endless stream of reports generated by Starfleet Medical for Fleet CMO's.

On his entry John became aware that the sickbay was quieter than normal, disrupting his chain of thought. 'In fact where is everyone?' there ought to be Dr Adam and several nurses and techs on duty, but not one of them was in the main ward, he could see through the window to his office, also empty, and over the partition to the technical work bench similarly vacant. 'Johnnyboy, did you lose an entire duty shift?' the Voice was puzzled. "Hello?" John asked softly. There was a muffled thump from the medical storage room located in the far corner behind his office, it and the door to the surgical suite were closed. Reaching down blindly and gripping a leg bar normally used for physiotherapy he crept across the ward. 'Kidnap? Assault? and us without any Marines!' the Voice was getting hysterical. As John reached the half way point, pausing to skirt round the main diagnostic table, the door to the storage room slid open and Dr Adam stumbled out. "Sir, eh, Hi" he stuttered.

"Doctor. What's going on where is everyone?" John tried to look past the younger man as he asked. "Eh, I sent the techs out to finish checking the aid kits and Janice, em, Nurse Carmial and I were just, eh, cataloguing the stores." James Adam was noticeably more nervous than normal. John quietly dropped the leg bar on the bed and walked to his office door. "Excellent, good initiative, carry on." embarrassed he slipped into the sanctuary of his office. 'Paranoid Much? Johnnyboy? Aliens in every closet?' the Voice was angry.

In the main ward Carmial slipped out of the store room flattening her hair and brushed her hand across Adam's ass before starting to sort through the sample racks. Adam twitched, "I think we got away with it Jan, but lets not push our luck"
Back to top Go down
Argelian Rylov
Chief Science Officer
Chief Science Officer

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:30 pm

The Captain nodded politely at the Chief Medical Officer, and as the three crowded inside Matt said aloud, "Bar." He inclined his head to Waterhouse and allowed him to input his selection of decks, and then the turbolift shot off, flying downwards. The doors opened a moment later, and Archenon exited along with the Ensign. "So, Mr. Rylov, have you enjoyed your stay on the Invincible thus far?"

"Captain, things have been different for me on my first posting. It's not quite what I could have expected, as I am sure training can never fully prepare one for actual service aboard a starship. However, I am getting accustomed to the crew and I find the atmosphere to be...enjoyable. A word you probably thought did not exist in Romulan vocabulary." The Ensign gave another of his trademark smiles and indicated with his expression that he truly was glad to be aboard the invincible, although deep inside he pondered what he would do about the Klingon. "What about you, Captain? Doctor, and you?"

--Tag Capt Archenon--
--Tag Dr. Waterhouse--

After hearing a brief reply from the Captain and a rather introspective input from Dr. Waterhouse, the turbolift door opened just as it seemed the good Dr. would not come to an end of speaking. Although his thoughts were interesting, sometimes he could get caught chasing anomalies, as it were. Laughter, conversation, and a thousand smells came pouring out of the social lounge. Ensign Rylov briskly followed the Captain over to a table and sat down when the Captain motioned him to do so. "So, Ensign, you looking forward to this upcoming mission? Should be an interesting one for you, Mr. Waterhouse, and Mr. Seetar," was what the Captain said while waiting to be served.

"Sir, it will be interesting, and I hope to discover something unusual or challenging, as finding nothing would be very disappointing." He opened up his arms and hands motioning in a grand circular fashion. "There is a whole quadrant of the galaxy out there that we know very little about, and I am sure we have yet to discover races unknown and strange new phenomenon. Not every science officer, let alone new ones, get such unique opportunities. I am honored to served with you and this crew."

--Tag Captain Archenon--
Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:42 pm

Matt nodded. He remembered his first assignment as a green Security officer, when anything new and big seemed exciting. "The crew could sure use a little downtime, and this'll be good practice work for your departments."

Archenon just finished the sentence before a female Andorian waitress strolled over. "What can I get for ya, Captain?" she asked, turning to the human first.

Matt thought for a moment, crinkling his eyebrows. "Hmm; I think I'll go with a human chicken parmesan sandwich, thick cut fries, and synth-ale." The waitress wrote the order down and then turned to the Romulan officer. "How 'bout you, hun?"

-- tag Rylov --

The waitress nodded, "Be back as soon as it's ready folks." With that she turned and left. Matt sat back in the chair, inhaling the delicious aromas of the bar. Laughter and casual talk emanated through the small room, and Matt felt a sense of joy encompass him. It pleased him to see his crew enjoying themselves, and especially after such a gruesome spectacle as their previous embarkment. He scratched his head, satisfying an itch, and studied Argelian intently. The Romulan was a new officer, fresh from the Academy; it was rather unusual to see a Romulan within Starfleet, but obviously something that was plausible. He sincerely hoped the man's race would not cause him to be segregated, and if it was brought to his attention he was in anyway, then it would be dealt with.

"So, Mr. Rylov, a Service Record can only tell so much about a man. If my memory is correct you served with the Romulan military? How was that experience compared to Starfleet?"

-- tag Rylov --
Back to top Go down
Argelian Rylov
Chief Science Officer
Chief Science Officer

PostSubject: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 6:50 am

"How 'bout you, hun?" Startled by the question and its strange mannerism, Argeglian looked up rather suddenly. "Uh, perhaps I have misunderstood you Andorian, but do you have an attraction to me?" Ensign Rylov gave that trademark sarcastic grin. "I'll have some of this 'parmesan chicken' and some Romulan ale to wash it down. Thank you. "

Turning to the Captain, he began, "Romulan military. Aye sir. It was rewarding in its own way. There were always ways to move up the ladder, or to find some sort of excitement on an assignment. But most Romulans seem like they seek to test human patience and resolve, and "get a kick out of it" as you would put it. I still do not fully understand some human customs. The atmosphere aboard a Federation starship is much more relaxed and friendly than any Romulan ship. Our commanders were harsh, not understanding, and even abusive at times. Yet we were taught discipline in a way you may not be accustomed to. Comfort was never a thought, and families coming along was never in our thoughts. It just didn't work that way. Some days I wish that we could just lead normal peaceful and logical lives like the Federation does. My father you know was killed by the Tal Shiar as a collaborator, and there is a good probability that there are those in its ranks who would see me go to meet him if they could. I pray that the decision I have made to be in Starfleet, Captain, will finally begin to close the gap between our peoples. For one thing is certain, us, the Romulans, and the Klingons, and perhaps even the Cardassians will need to work together for there are species and forces out there far more powerful than we can even comprehend at our current level of development. I will say this, I am most glad for an accessible bathroom facility in my quarters. I believe this one thing is the reason most Romulans are always in a bad mood. " Ensign Rylov could not contain his laughter at this one. "What were your thoughts, Captain, when you saw a Romulan was transferring to your starship? Or even that one had graduated from Starfleet Academy? Haha, I think it gave you a wakeup call."

--tag Archenon--
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 2:10 am

-----------------
Deck 2
Wardroom
USS Invincible
1850h on the day of departure
-----------------

The ships wardroom was a place for the senior officers to relax and mingle, normally away from their respective staffs and the Captain. The room itself was curved along the aft of deck 2 with old style furnishings comprising a long conference type table of dark wood with 12 chairs around it, and three smaller tables each with two chairs set against one wall. Opposite these smaller tables the hull wall was broken by a row of five large windows looking out over the aft of the saucer section, INVINCIBLE, in large black lettering painted on the hull below. The room had a small kitchen at one end hidden a behind the bench of dark wood, which served as a bar being furnished with tall stools and some interesting bottles of spirits.

Dr John Waterhouse sat in one of these stools nursing a glass as he watched the two mess men putting the final touches to a platter of roast meats and some vegetable dishes, in all the food would feed the expected group rather well. John had managed to secure the services of these two from their more normal duties in the main mess; he had no doubt that Petty Officer Lowe would require a return favour at some point. Turning as the door swished open to admit Dr Monroe he scooped the tumbler of whisky up and raised it to the older man.

"This is gie fancy Sir." Tam said as he looked around, "Makes becoming an officer all the mair worth it."

"Yes Tam it does, it's looking good back there." John gestured to the stool next to him, "Grab a seat" he offered.

"Aye Lad don't mind if ah do." came the reply as Monroe eased himself onto the stool and began to admire the collection turning each bottle and raising one or two to the light.

Wandering in, Jeffery slowly rubbed his gut. A bit of hunger pain had been brewing for the past hour and he'd been looking forward to the communal dinner invitation. The anticipation peaked out where he knew Michelle was going to be present, but he was unsure of the anticipation's intent. There wasn't any declaration of a relationship publicly, but that hardly meant that one was needed or that the population around them needed to have that advertised to them.

He spotted John and Monroe over on a couple of stools. Jeffery opted to come over and stand next to John, opposite Monroe.

"Evening, gentlemen."

"Hello Jeffery, grab a pew." John motioned towards a stool. "I'd try one of these as an aperitif, that's if you can pry the bottle out of Tam's hands."

"Eh?, oh Aye" Tam sheepishly put the bottle he'd been admiring down in front of Cousland.

"Is it the real stuff?" Jeffery asked as he picked up the bottle.

He slowly turned the bottle as he examined it, holding it shy of arm's length away from him.

---
What a day, thought Josh to himself. He exited Engineering quickly and without regret; as he left he noticed his Assistant Chief hard at work on one of the panels outside the door. "Broken conduit," she said bluntly while continuing to work. "C'mon, let's get to dinner. We can get a crewman on that first thing tomorrow."

The woman nodded and stood. "You and Cousland have been out a few times now, eh?" he asked with a chuckle.

His female officer's gaze turned down and her cheeks reddened slightly. "A few, sir." Josh laughed, and the two stepped onto the TurboLift. "Wardroom." He said, and they were on their way. Josh checked his chrono and saw they were about on time. As the two stepped off they entered into the small room, where two of the officers and a few enlisted crewman had already arrived. "John, Jeff, nice to see you two," he said happily, a grin on his face. He rubbed his hands together. "Mmm, let's get eating, boys."

Jeffery put the bottle back down on the bar as Josh and Michelle both came in. His and Michelle's eyes came into contact and lingered for a moment before they took their seats. He stepped away from John, coming to sit next to Michelle. There wasn't anything he was attempting to impose by the move, but a hoped side effect would be some sort of reassurance on his part that he wasn't afraid being seen together in company.

To further that aim, he gave a slight, subtle squeeze of Michelle's arm before sitting down. He gave her a bit of a grin as she turned to look at him, returning the grin with a smile of her own.

"Aright, John." Jeffery said as he swung around on the stool to face the bar,"This was your idea, what are we eating?"

John looked up and down the table to make sure everyone was here, the assembled group was quite large. Dr Claire Winstone was the last to arrive, having only joined the ship the day before she was still finding it difficult to locate new compartments. She drifted in and took a chair near the end of the table beside Dr Adam.

"First we have starters" Said John turning slightly and calling to the kitchen "Mr Lowe?". The petty officer cook appeared from behind the bar and laid three trays of small pastry parcels and other assorted titbits. "Dig in, Tam can I help you to some?" John worked around the table dealing out food and getting people settled. "Nice to see you Josh, and you brought your depute" Remarked the CMO sitting down and angling for an introduction.

"Of course, John, gotta appease the peoples," replied the Engineer with a chuckle.

"Naw sign oh Mr Fitzroy?" Tam Monroe turned to the XO and made full use of the Wardroom's tradition of informality.

Jeffery leaned forward, coming to knit his hands on the bar as he looked over at Monroe,"He's a busy man, what with being the new head of Security and Tactical."

"Aye, ah was hoping he'd be around, as an Irishman I'm sure he'd appreciate this." Tam took a sip of the whiskey, savouring it, before putting the glass down and turning his attentions to the food.

Tam was probably right. Fitzroy hadn't really had any significant time off that Jeffery was aware of at least since he'd come on the ship as the previous chief. There was a temptation for Jeffery to go and give Fitzroy a prod on over the comms, but decided against it. How Fitzroy decided to spend his time was up to him, and if he wanted to spend it going over duty rosters and reconfiguring the forward weapons array, that was his business.

The whole though train was interrupted by a fork full of food stuck in his face, Michelle's face coming into view as he tracked the arm in control to it's owner. Obediently, Jeffery took the fork.

Claire and James Adam, the two junior medics, had embarked on a heated debate about the relative merits of the latest technical publication from Fleet Medical and choosing not to get involved in the debate John turned back to Mr Seetar, "So, a mission of exploration? Hopefully my skills are to be used in scientific endeavour rather than violence this time. Bit of a change of pace no?" John was becoming slightly worried that Rylov and Fitzroy would miss the opening course.

"We'll make a corpsman of you yet, John," said Josh with a smile. "This should be a quiet endeavour, and I'm looking to it. A good experience to get under everyone's belts, especially for your, sir." Josh turned Jeffery, his new superior. His transition into the position had been smooth, and Josh appreciated his care to not step on any toes. Once he got over his initial nervousness he would prove a valuable asset to the crew. "You've been adjusting well enough, I assume, Lieutenant?"

Both Jeffery's eyebrows shot up and back down in acknowledgement,"Still a shock to the system to be sure. But I'll manage."

Josh nodded and picked up a foreign looking pastry. A green goo oozed from the side, but he felt experimental. He took a large bite out of the side and promptly spit it back into the trash can, taking care to make sure the chef was not in the room. "Holy crap," he said, a look of agony and awe combined on his face. "That's got some... interesting flavors."

"That why you're so distant?" Michelle asked, her voice hushed so as that only Jeffery could hear her.

"Hmm?" Jeffery mumbled out as he took a bite of a pastry Josh had just made comment on,

She waved a hand up and down him,"Not even through a second date, you're given a command uniform and promoted to XO, and you're acting like I'm not here."

"Well, I-"

"What, afraid of showing too much in front of the crew?" she stood up now, her voice raised significantly so that everyone could hear her now.

"Michelle-" Jeffery tried to start, his mouth still full of the pastry.

She was pointing accusingly at Jeffery now,"Just because you're the XO now doesn't mean you're above everyone!"

Michelle stormed off out of the wardroom, leaving Jeffery confused as he looked up and about at everyone else in the wardroom that had just been privy to the scene.

"It's... I mean we..." Jeffery was trying to explain,"We've been seeing each other."

John gestured to the Chef as the doors slid shut behind Michelle and the main course was brought forth, an interesting selections of meats and vegetable dishes, it appeared that Lowe had made full use of the recent starbase visit to expand his pantry. As the dishes were sited on the table and the various officers took their first samplings the door swished again.

-----------------
Deck 02
Main Corridor
USS Invincible
-----------------

"Wait!" Claire brushed her hands on the trousers and quickened her stride to catch the retreating engineering officer.

Michelle looked behind her as Claire, one of the medical staff, came up behind her. She stopped to allow her to catch up, Michelle's face noticeably red with what could easily be discerned as frustration.

"So, I'm new here, but people don't normally storm out of dinners, especially ones laid on by my new boss with the express purpose of getting to know people!" Claire smiled at the other woman, "You fancy grabbing something from the mess hall? Probably can't climb down and go back in there just yet."

"Sure." Michelle replied, brushing her mid-neck length hair out of her face as she came into stride with Claire.

"So I just don't know what to make of it all. Am I doing something wrong?" Michelle asked rather candidly.

She'd laid out the entire story from start to finish of how her and Jeffery's "relationship" had started back not too long ago when they were doing a recon of the Borg vessel. How he was sporting his yellow collar at the time, was rather timid in asking her out to dinner, the subsequent, pleasant interactions afterwards when he became the XO of the ship, then the sudden shift of demeanor over the past couple days when they were out and about. Course that was hardly ever it seemed since both had been engaged in their duties.

"Nope" Claire had sat quietly listening to the other woman talk out her issues with the XO, "He's probably having a severe case of the heebie jeebies, he's the new XO people are gonna judge that, he's not quite up to speed with all the first officer stuff and probably doesn't want to get stick about you, or worse have people talk about you behind his, and your, backs. Just gonna have to give the boy some time to come around" Claire's gentle twang spoke of rolling fields of cotton and tobacco that hadn't existed for two centuries or more, she scratched her head and took a sip of coffee.

"Really wish he was more like a blown EPS conduit, or a out of alignment phase inducer. I know I can make those work without any problem." Michelle commented as she leaned back in her seat, crossing her legs as she took a sip of her drink.

----------------
Deck02
Wardroom
USS Invincible
----------------

"Highly strung these girls," muttered Tam to Josh, "you should meet our Nurses." The older man rolled his tumbler in his hands before getting better acquainted with the beef.

James Adams shifted up a seat to fill the hole left by the departure of Dr Winstone, leaving the gathering entirely male. "Sir, was it something you said?" the young medic asked impishly of the XO.

Still stunned, Jeffery just looked at James with an expression of confusion with a hint of sadness. He was unsure if there was anything he could've said at all to have kept Michelle from leaving the room the way she did. Come to think of it, there wasn't much he said or had done to have made it clear that her company was more than welcome in conjunction with his. In truth though, he did feel a tad uncomfortable with making their familiarity with each other widely known to the crew as of yet.

"Or didn't say." Jeffery remarked in response to James' question before taking another bite of the pastry.

"Well, I'm sure it'll be fine." The brashness of youth kept James from digging any deeper, "When do we get to stretch our legs?" he went on.

"I mean, it's not like I don't have an interest in her." Jeffery started on again, getting off his stool and pacing slowly among those assembled,"But I'm Executive Officer of the USS Invincible. I have to maintain a certain discretion with this sort of stuff don't I?"

John watched the other man pace, "Discretion is different to standoff-ish." he observed while calmly chewing some beef and veg.

Jeffery came to stand next to Josh, putting a hand on his shoulder,"She said anything to you? I mean, anything at all?"

OFF:
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 2:16 am

-----------------
Deck 1
Bridge
USS Invincible
0900 Day After Departure
----------------

Dr Waterhouse walked onto the bridge with a jug of coffee and some stacked cups, "Morning Everybody!" he said brightly, eyeing the morning shift Bridge crew. "I just got this from the mess, it's the real thing, better for you than the replicated stuff or, Mr Darco exempt, that awful Klingon muck." He started handing out mugs to the station keepers before walking over to Mr Rylov's station.

"How are you today? Anything interesting? I've got a new Medical researcher who is climbing the walls." John was mostly hiding his own impatience behind hers, but the Voice chose to leave him alone for now.

TAG: Everyone likely to be on the bridge the day after the two meals. Picked on you Rylov since you were showing most life!
Back to top Go down
Darco
Darco

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 11:53 am

Darco had spent as much of the last two days in combat training as possible. He had worked off most of his stress over his parents and was feeling a lot more friendly. This was good, his early shift had just started when the good Doctor walked in with the Coffee...

He looked at Waterhouse carefully then smiled saying, "For humans, I have noticed that our muck keeps you up for too many weeks for such frail bodies. Though, I admit your coffee tastes better than our... Muck does... I would gladly have a mug if there are enough."

He chuckled slightly from his chair at the helm.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/titanshadow
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Day of Departure
USS Invincible barroom

Matt winked slyly at the young officer. "I won't lie to you and say I wasn't a little... surprised. But I knew if the Academy passed you that you were the right man for the job." Around that same time, the young waitress came around, carting over there food. The Captain's mouth watered in anticipation; he picked out the smell of his entree from the rest of the crowded room, and watched as she set the plates down in front of them. "Thank you," he said politely before hefting his chicken parm and taking a large bite.

Archenon chewed thoughtfully. "Cooked great," he said, shoving a few fries into his mouth. "I hope you don't mind if I break protocol here; I'm a little famished." Matt winked at the Romulan and continued to eat. It was good to get to know his crew, from the youngest Ensign to his most senior officer.

--

Day After Departure
0901 Hours

Matt listened with a grin on his face as the senior staff assembled on the bridge traded jokes. He checked his side console, and saw they were only a few minutes away from arriving. "Mr. Darco, sit us in the middle of the system. Ensign Rylov, Lieutenant Waterhouse, gather your teams and head to the loading dock. I'd like to dispatch one Security officer to the surface with each team, just as a minor precaution. Lieutenant Seetar, you will gather as much information as you can from our distance before we move any closer to the Class H."

-- tag Rylov, Waterhouse, Seetar --

"Mr. Darco, put our forward viewer up." Matt looked intently as the star system came into view. He let out a whistle. "It's really something, isn't it, Jeff?" he said, referring informally to his First Officer.

-- tag Cousland --

Matt smiled at him. As he watched the minutes tick down he calculated their time to stop. "Lieutenant Darco, full stop." Matt tapped his combadge, radioing down to the transporter rooms. "Away teams, prepare for disembarking."

-- tag away team leaders and crew leaders --
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 1:40 pm

Matt listened with a grin on his face as the senior staff assembled on the bridge traded jokes. He checked his side console, and saw they were only a few minutes away from arriving. "Mr. Darco, sit us in the middle of the system. Ensign Rylov, Lieutenant Waterhouse, gather your teams and head to the loading dock. I'd like to dispatch one Security officer to the surface with each team, just as a minor precaution. Lieutenant Seetar, you will gather as much information as you can from our distance before we move any closer to the Class H."

"Aye Sir, I'll just leave this coffee here for you shall I?" John dumped the flask on a side console and strode from the bridge.

A brief stop in Sickbay to gather the troops and he was standing on the fantail in the shuttle bay within about ten minutes; the shuttle Maxwell to be his new home from home.

It was only a few weeks since this deck had been slick with blood as the wounded and dead of the Marine detail were triaged and sorted, if you closed your eyes you could see Mr Darco standing next to his little fleet of runabouts ready to take John into his first combat experience. Happier times now however, Claire and James were flirting to one side and the two medical techs were holding a hushed conversation. John looked around for the pilot and security officer the captain had suggested would be joining them.
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 3:34 am

Day After Departure
0901 Hours

"Aye Sir, I'll just leave this coffee here for you shall I?" John dumped the flask on a side console and strode from the bridge.

A brief stop in Sickbay to gather the troops and he was standing on the fantail in the shuttle bay within about ten minutes; the shuttle Maxwell to be his new home from home.

It was only a few weeks since this deck had been slick with blood as the wounded and dead of the Marine detail were triaged and sorted, if you closed your eyes you could see Mr Darco standing next to his little fleet of runabouts ready to take John into his first combat experience. Happier times now however, Claire and James were flirting to one side and the two medical techs were holding a hushed conversation. John looked around for the pilot and security officer the captain had suggested would be joining them.

-- tag Rylov, Seetar --

"Mr. Darco, put our forward viewer up." Matt looked intently as the star system came into view. He let out a whistle. "It's really something, isn't it, Jeff?" he said, referring informally to his First Officer.

"Suppose if you're into having your summer home where you can get a lung full of Argon." Jeffery replied rather dryly.

Matt smiled at him. As he watched the minutes tick down he calculated their time to stop. "Lieutenant Darco, full stop." Matt tapped his combadge, radioing down to the transporter rooms. "Away teams, prepare for disembarking."

-- tag away team leaders and crew leaders --
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars   Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars Empty

Back to top Go down

Season 1, Mission 2: Reaching the Stars
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next