USS Invincible -- Bravo Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the USS Invincible, a newly commissioned Excelsior class refit under the command of Captain Matthew Archenon. The Invincible is a detachment of Bravo Fleet's Task Force 38. This is it's official forum for role-playing and socializing.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper

Go down 
+3
Jeffery Cousland
SClarke
Matthew Archenon
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper Empty
PostSubject: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 5:45 pm

Matt woke up early in the morning. He showered quickly, and dressed himself in his recently washed Command uniform. Today was one of the biggest days of his life; the launching of the USS Invincible into the Delta Quadrant. The crew had been briefed, the ship was ready, and today they would finally be on their own.

Matt left his quarters for the bridge, striding quickly along. He received nods and salutes of acknowledgement from crew members in the halls of the Excelsior class refit, and the feeling that these men and women were his comforted him. Matt stepped inside the turbolift close to his quarters. "Bridge," he called, and the turbolift took off, headed for the bridge. The doors swooshed open a few moments later and he stepped onto the bridge. The Captain's chair was empty but there were officers on duty. He noticed most of his senior staff at their stations. It was time to get underway with their first operation.

"All senior staff, report in for launch."

-- tag crew --
Back to top Go down
https://invincible.canadian-forum.com
SClarke
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
SClarke

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 11:37 pm

Clarke,

I heard tell that you would be heading into the Delta Quadrant on board your new ship, and that you recently was given the position of Executive Officer. Your father would be very proud of you! But, I'm sure you know that. I know that we've had a strained relationship since he was killed, and you joining Starfleet probably didn't help. I wanted to let you know that I am very proud of you, and although I never said it I love you very much!

With Love,

Mom

Clarke read the letter, and a small teardrop formed along her eyelids. The tear fell along the bridge of her nose though a smile was present she would quickly write up a reply to her mother and send it. She noticed that they had a last minute addition to the crew, the Chief Medical Officer. She smiled reviewing the final crew roster for them to leave the Alpha Quadrant and report to the Delta Quadrant and Starbase 900 where they would be taking on additional supplies before accomplishing their mission.

The communication system alerted her with a violent jerk of her head. Carefully she ran her fingertips over the ridges along the bridge of her nose. For a brief second she looked at the photograph on her desk it was a picture of her father in his dress uniform with four pips along his collar. Her own dress uniform hung in the small closet space she had inside the office. One space over was her quarters, she stood up and walked out of the office and to the turbolift. Which would take a quick trip to the bridge where she would step onto the bridge seeing that the Captain's Chair was occupied by Matt.

Slowly she walked over to the chair that was directly next to the center seat. Clarke sat down smoothing out the front of her uniform as she withdrew a PADD. "Captain here is a welcome letter from Admiral S'iraa, says not to scratch the paint on the new ship otherwise well..." She grinned widely, "I'll let you read it." She looked like she may have been crying earlier, but if she had she didn't say a word about it.

(Tag Matt)
Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 12:10 am

Matt smiled warmly at his XO as she entered the bridge, and took the outstretched letter from their TFCO. "Good old S'iraa..." he muttered to himself. He skimmed quickly through the letter, and set it down next to him. He turned to his XO, noticing her nose was slightly red and her eyes looking almost... vulnerable. "Lieutenant, are you OK?"

-- tag Clarke and crew --
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 2:57 am

Even after the briefing, Jeffery wasn't afforded much opportunity to meet with much of the crew or senior staff. At least not on a more personal level. He was familiar with most of their names now, but any recognition beyond that was absent. Was probably for the best for now until he could hammer out the day to day ship operations, what with all the new crew aboard.

He was at his station on the bridge, organizing his duty roster for the shift rotations. Jeffery himself would take the first shift since that made the most sense to him. The next shift he was going to delegate to a Lieutenant JG Shalla Itris. Resume' wasn't too big, but did come out of there at a higher grade than most did, and that put her ahead of most on the ship in the tactical and security departments.

"Lieutenant Itris, please report to the bridge." Jeffery said, as he continued filling out the roster.

((Tag Itris))

Just as he closed the channel, the captain stepped onto the bridge.

"All senior staff, report in for launch." Archenon said.

"Tactical and Security stations ready, sir."

No immediate reply came, which Jeffery took as a queue to continue on about his business. Though it looked more as if the captain was involved in a conversation with the XO.
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 5:14 am

(OCC: rather than backpost more "reporting aboard" I'm just going to go for it...)

Rolling out of the bunk Waterhouse flinched from the cold; he grabbed at a towel and stepped the two paces out of the partitioned sleeping area and into the 'fresher. "At least I get my own shower now" he muttered and rubbed the sleep from his eyes as the warm water did it's work.

Feeling much more awake John swiftly dressed and, in the spirit of experimentation, "Tea?". The replicator housed in his small living/office space sparkled to life and a mug appeared. Grabbing the mug and the PADD on which he'd been working out the sickbay rosters John straightened his jacket and casting a longing glance at the bed exited his quarters.

The meeting of senior staff seemed to have gone ok, even if John had merely listened from the end of the table to the others talking. Nodding contentedly to himself he jumped into a turbolift already occupied by several crew members heading to their duty stations "Deck 7, Good morning gentlemen" Returning to the PADD he shifted Dr Monroe from B shift to C at his own request and that would lead to moving the nurses around....

...entering the sickbay was completely different this time. The lights were on and medical staff moved purposefully around storing equipment and setting up ready trays. Acknowlegeing the wave of greeting from Dr Adam the duty medic and accepting an inventory PADD from the head nurse, whose name he really had to look up again, John slipped into the CMO's office.

Dumping the PADDs and mug on the surface John aimed his reply at the Starfleet medical emblem on the wall behind the desk.

"Sickbay, reports all ready for departure Sir"

Looking over the inventory PADD just to check he was right, John settled down in his chair to wait for the first patient of the day, whilst at the same time calling up a list of files the computer held on Borg encounters, injuries and treatments attempted. "Just a little light reading for the morning then" his lip curled up in a half smile.

Back to top Go down
Joshua Seetar
Chief Engineering Officer
Joshua Seetar

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:46 pm

Josh was at work in Engineering when he received the notice from the Captain. "All senior staff, report in for launch." Josh tapped his comm badge back to respond.

"Lieutenant Seetar here. Warp drive is ready for take off. On my way to the bridge." Josh finished his report on a broken hydraulics coil that had been shattered but easily replaced and then walked out of Engineering, leaving one of his trusted NCOs to take charge. Josh stepped onto a turbolift, headed for the bridge, and emerged a few moments later to be greeted by a majority gathering of the senior staff at their stations. He saw the CT/SO at his post typing away at a PADD and the CO and XO in a discussion at their chairs. Seetar walked over to the two, politely interrupting them. "We're ready for takeoff on your mark, Commander." He turned and went to the Engineering station.

Excitement quivered in Josh as he waited for the first launch of his new baby. He ran a quick diagnostic again, just for the comfort of his mind on the engines and saw the 100% charged notice pop up seconds later.

It was time.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 6:02 pm

Matt looked at the Flight Control Officer on duty. Not Darco, but he expected he would arrive soon to relieve the young Ensign who was stationed there.

"Ensign Lok, power up engines. Take us... to one fourth impulse." The Commander glanced around the bridge, smiling broadly.

"Aye, Captain," called the Flight Controller, and a small shake emanated through the ship as they finally left spacedock. Matt turned to Ops. "Lieutenant, bring our forward view on the viewscreen." Space appeared before them, immense and beautiful. "Ensign, take us to half impulse. When we've cleared the spacedock bring us to Warp 7, headed for the Delta Quadrant." Matt sat back in his chair, excited for the coming days aboard the ship.

-- tag crew --

(( OOC: We'll get a few posts in on our take off and then we'll set it forward to the time we're entering the DQ. Then, our mission will be fully underway! ))
Back to top Go down
Joshua Seetar
Joshua Seetar

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 6:02 pm

Josh felt a surge of joy as the Excelsior jumped to warp 7, headed for the Delta Quadrant. He sat back in his chair, letting out a sigh of relief. The refit had sure payed off. The warp core was running smoothly and efficiently. "All systems are a go, Commander," called the Lieutenant to the CO.

He stood from his chair at the Engineering station. "I'm going to go down to Engineering and get my guys ready for the mission. Emergency warp will be available on your request throughout the mission, sir." With that Josh turned and left the bridge, headed back to his home, Engineering. He'd always felt much more comfortable down with his crew members than on the bridge and the thrill of working on machines always brought him back.

(tag all)
Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 10:58 pm

The Invinicble was well on her way, speeding through warp. Matt sat reading through the various reports streaming in from the different departments of the ship until the flight control officer reported in. "Sir, we're approaching Deep Space Nine."

Matt nodded. "Hail them. Let Colonel Nerys know we're inbound and to have our passengers ready to be beamed over."

"Aye sir."

The Invincible was about to pick up the last members of their crew, most importantly Major Jasmine Somers. Somers was a seasoned officer, just recently transferred to the Marine division of Starfleet and Archenon had jumped at the chance to add her to the roster. Her experience would be a great help in the coming days. "Deep Space Nine responded, sir, we'll be arriving in about five minutes."

"Thank you, Ensign."

-- tag Somers and crew --
Back to top Go down
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 1:44 am

Lieutenant Commander Jasmine Anne Somers
Starfleet Headquarters – San Francisco – Earth
0900 hours EST (earth standard time) two Months earlier

Jasmine arrives back on earth; she looks up towards the direction of McKinley Station, where the USS Sentinel docked, with the ship disbanding for unknown reasons, to her anyway, so here she was reporting to the head of Tactical and Security Department on earth. Entering the building, she heads straight for the Commodores Office and speaks to the Secretary.

Security and Tactical Department Office – Earth

“I have come to see Commodore Sanders,” She said.

The Secretary looks up with a smile “Sure, I will let him know you are here, Commander?” She asked.

“Lieutenant Commander Somers, formerly of the USS Sentinel” Jasmine responded.

The secretary gave her a sweet smile and entered the inner office, only to return a few minutes later.

“Go right in Commander” She said.

Jasmine nodded her thanks and entered.

“Commander Somers, please be seated” Sanders said.

“Thank you Sir, I take it you know about the Sentinel?” She asked as she took the offered seat.

“Yes, a sad day when such a thing happens, so I gather you are here for reassignment?” He asked.

“Yes Sir”.

“There are no slots for a Lieutenant Commander Tactical Officer on any ship or Starbase at the moment,” He said looking at the report in front of him. “But the newly re-commissioned USS Invincible an Excelsior Class Cruiser is currently being refitted and upgraded and will be assigned to the Gamma Quadrant. A Commander Matthew Archenon is looking for a Marine Detachment Commander for his new Command, would you be interested?” Sanders asked.

Jasmine, thought long and hard, felt a little flutter even, it was something she always wanted, weighing up the pros and Cons, she looks up at the Commodore with a smile.

“Yes Sir, I would be happy to change departments, I take it I would be a Marine Major?” She said.

“Yes, but you will have to go through a crash course with Marine OCS first, but looking at your intelligence quota and your ranking on graduating the Academy, I would say you could be trained and in Marine green by the time the Invincible is ready. You report to Marine OCS 0800hrs tomorrow. Dismissed Somers” He said.

Standing up and leaving as instructed, she gets to the outer office and pumps her fist in the air.

“Yessss” She said with a smile to the Secretary and left the building.

0800hrs Starfleet Marine OCS The next day

Jasmine wearing her fleet uniform arrives at the Marine COs Office, and enters when bidden.

“Ah Major Somers, welcome to SFMC, before you begin your classes, you will be issued a new uniform and all that goes with it” The Lieutenant General said

“Thank you Sir” Jasmine replied and stood to attention, as the General looked over her file.

“Hmm.. Interesting service record, still nice to see you are not wholly untrained in ground unarmed combat, also looking at your file here, you will fit in nicely” He said “report to the quartermaster, then dump your kit in your assigned barracks. Here are your billet number and your two month class schedule” He said handing her a Padd with announced details on it.

Jasmine took the Padd, checked it, then looked up “anything else Sir?” She asked.

“Nothing further Major, dismissed” He said and watched the young woman leave oO Going to be a handful that one is Oo He thought as the door closed behind her.

Major Jasmine Anne Somers
Deep Space Nine 1 Month 29 days later
Waiting for the USS Invincible
1000hrs – EST

Now in her Marine Uniform, Jasmine was sitting in the bar that used to be known as Quarks, drinking a Bloodwine and watching the Dabo table with interest.

“So Major, why is a Marine on DS9?” A young Lieutenant asked.

She gives the Lieutenant her full attention and sizes him up. “I am here, waiting for the USS Invincible to arrive, its my new posting” She said, “why are you asking?” She responded.

“I wanted to buy you a drink” He said with a twinkle in his eye.

oO OH my word he is coming on to me!, guess being on the frontier loosens inhibitions I see Oo She thought. Smiling sweetly at him “Thank you Lieutenant, but no thanks, and I am way out of your league” She said.

The Lieutenant nodded sadly and while he put on a brave face, he was disappointed; Jasmine noticed this and felt sorry for him.

Just then an Excelsior Class dropped from Warp and docked with the station. Finishing her drink and paying the bartender, Jasmine picks up her kitbag and heads to the docking port.

As she enters the ship she asks for directions, to the bridge, a young Ensign tells her and she thanks her and make her way there. As this was an Exclelsior Class she was unfamiliar with the ships layout. Securing her kitbag on her shoulder, she arrives on the bridge.

Bridge

Looking at the Centre chair "permission to come aboard Captain?" she asks.

Tag: Archenon, Bridge Crew
Back to top Go down
http://z8.invisionfree.com/MySiggyForum/index.php
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 5:04 am

Quote :
Joint Post by -
CMO, Lieutenant JG John Waterhouse
CS/TO, Lieutenant JG Jeffery Cousland

Jeffery cradled his wrist, holding it close to his chest. The severity of the injury was unclear, but the constant, shooting pain was an indicator that medical treatment was necessary. Such injuries weren't alien to him though, given his love for Rugby. It was, in fact, a quick romp through the holodeck for a quick Rugby scrum that was the catalyst for the injury in the first place.

Still dressed in a pair of dark brown sweatpants and his sweat drenched muscle tee, Jeffery wandered into sickbay. Though the immediate vicinity was empty.

"Anyone home?" Jeffery inquired to the room, wincing a bit.

"Depends who's asking", John stuck his head out from behind the partition that screened off the sickbay lab bench. Noticing the man favouring his wrist the medic dropped the probe he was working on and stepped out in the sickbay proper. "Lieutenant Cousland, Sir, what have you done to yourself?"

Jeffery jumped slightly at the unexpected greeting,"Was uh- playing a bit of rugby in the holodeck. My teammates were a bit overzealous."

The actual part where he injured his wrist was still a bit fuzzy. There's hardly anything near and organized about a scrum in rugby.

While he listened to Jeffery's explanation the doctor shepherded him over to the nearest biobed. "Nice of you to liven up my day". Grabbing a medical scanner from the slot in the side of the bed he gestured to the security officer to hop up.

"It doesn't look too bad" as he wafted the scanner over the injury he continued "I saw a lot of neck and back injuries from rugby on Utopia, you playing union or league? The Utopia Uni FP are doing all right this season but my money would be on Olympus for the Mars cup, I'll need a osteoregenerator, you've got a hairline fracture in your Ulna."

"Olympus ain't had any good prop now for awhile. They play an aggressive game, but I'm not totally convinced they can pull it off." Jeffery commented, drawing in a sharp breath as the doctor started his treatment,"As for the holodeck, it was set for union by default."

Jeffery looked up at the doctor,"Nice to have a fellow enthusiast aboard, Mr.?"

"Don't discount the backs working off the pack," the doctor ran on "even if their forward play is weak, and I dispute that Fergus Tanner isn't a good prop, the back line can run some."

Completing the re-knitting of the bone he dropped both scanner and regenerator on to the cradle.

"However, I'm strictly an armchair enthusiast don't go trying to get me on the pitch, bit of sword play is more my line".

John watched the Lieutenant flex his wrist with a critical eye,"It'll be sore for a few minutes and might be stiff for the rest of the day, if you have any weakness come back and see me, in fact come back and see me anyhow, the crew seem a little over healthy."

A heaved breath of amusement came from Jeffery as he examined his now healed up wrist,"I'll try to be in your hair as much as possible then."

Hopping off the biobed, Jeffery turned about to stand facing the doctor,"Still didn't catch your name."

"Humm? Oh sorry how stupid of me" John could feel some of his normal anxiety at meeting new people and trying new things starting to return.

"I'm John Waterhouse, and I probably better not shake your hand."

Jeffery cracked a smile,"Fair enough. You new on the ship as well?"

Was probably unwise of Jeffery to have gone off and started using the holodeck in his downtime as opposed to memorizing the senior staff names. He'd been meaning to do it for the past day, the consequences of his inaction becoming more and more clear as he ran into more of the ship's crew. Especially the senior staff.

Observing the smile and feeling slightly calmer that he hadn't made a massive social error John smiled back.

"Brand spanking, unlike the old girl herself, she's been round the block a few times eh?"

Moving back over to the work bench he shut off the micro analyser that he'd left on when Jeffery arrived. "I think they've pulled most people in from one place or another, I'm just in off the Nightingale myself."

"Tiburon here. Ain't many ship veterans left aboard from what I understand. Almost as if there was a complete crew rotation. Word around is that this is the captain's first command too." Jeffery mentioned, shifting his position a little bit away from the biobed, folding his arms in front of him,"I remember out of the Academy the word was not to let yourself get on a ship with a first time commander."

Jeffery didn't know if that superstition held true or not. The going word was that most first time commanders make some huge sort of mistake during their first command. The severity obviously varied, but the impact on the crew could be loss of confidence in their commanding officer. There were too many variables there for him to consider what his own reaction would be were there something serious to crop up of that nature. Worse come to worse, he could always ask for a transfer off.

"I wouldn't read too much into the crew rotation, after all Invincible's been in drydock for ages, I'm kinda used to the idea, they never keep medical staff on a ship in port for long."

John moved closer to the other man and lowered his voice conspiratorially "As to the Boss I've not really met him; but scuttlebutt among the nurses is that he's a Sovereign survivor, that probably means if the psychs passed him fit then he's hard as nails" a slight tone of awe had crept into the doctors voice. Having no combat experience himself he had great respect for Dominion war veterans.

"I've seen disaster survivors a plenty with Nightingale over the last couple of years and they either come through fighting or they just melt away inside - if he's got a ship I'm going to hope for a fighter" He didn't really want to consider the implication in Jeffery's words, getting shot up by the Borg with a first time commander and a crew that hadn't bonded yet didn't bare thinking about.

"Sovereign survivor?" Jeffery asked, his head tilted slightly with a look of curiosity on his face,"There some sort of incident that the captain was involved in?"

"According to my head nurse Chief Dallen; back in the war he had to fight his way off of a ship while the Jem'Hadar were killing everyone around him, apparently he was essentially the last one off" In retrospect John wasn't sure he trusted the small excitable Bolian woman's story, but he continued;

"Apparently he stayed to set the self-destruct and then jumped out of a hull breach and was only beamed out by the last shuttle as he... actually this seems a bit more like scuttlebutt than useful information now I say it out loud" the doctor trailed off, slightly embarrassed. "However there was some sort of battle"

'A Dominion War veteran?' Jeffery thought to himself.

It wasn't necessarily a positive or negative quality in his mind. There was no harm though in having a commanding officer that did have some combat under his belt. The situation that he'd just been relayed by John did give him some pause though. Not because he was now analyzing the captain's mental state, but because he was unsure of how he'd react in such a situation.

A brief moment of silence ensued before Jeffery spoke up.

"I'll let you back to it." Jeffery mentioned, heading off for the door.

"Yeah, eh... I'll see you around." John turned back to the lab bench as the door swished shut. "guess shooting your mouth off about the captain was a great plan huh Johnny?" he mused, unable to concentrate on the defective probe he cast it unhappily to one side and walking back through to his office.

How would the crew and Captain gel in the coming days and weeks? "One thing's for sure, you're not listening to any more of Dallen's tall tales, idiot." The Nurse would be back shortly with Monroe from their "tour of inspection" as the medical team was taking to refering to their periodic checking of the emergency aid supplies scattered around the other decks. "I guess the boss should look busy to his staff" he muttered darkly prodding with out much interest at the building stack of crew fitness reports he'd been ignoring.
Back to top Go down
SClarke
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
SClarke

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 3:02 pm

OOC: Sorry I've been rather busy lately.

IC:

Sarah had to leave the bridge after some time as someone from operations came to her and alerted her to a message from Starfleet Command. She looked towards the Commanding Officer before she quickly left the bridge and went one deck down and into her office. "On screen!" She ordered the computer briskly before watching as the screen illuminated. It was the Admiral from earlier, and she had somehow forgotten his name already. "Yes sir?" She said remaining standing with her hands behind her back sealed quietly.

Lieutenant or should I say Lieutenant Commander congratulations...

Sarah was kind of surprised, "That isn't why you called me though now is it sir?" Her response was rather subtle as she stepped back one and grabbed hold of the hollow pip on the desk and placed it next to the two golden ones.

I'm afraid not Commander, we have received word that your Borg recon mission has become slightly more difficult.

Clarke looked at him, Why is he telling me this and not Commander-. Her thoughts were cut in half when the Admiral continued his words.

It's not that we aren't aware of your abilities, Command has questioned those of the Captain of the ship that you are currently serving. Word has surfaced that you are most likely going to need to board that vessel and we want him to lead that away mission.

Clarke stumbled back slightly, "I cannot allow my-"

That is an order...

With that the screen went blank and she was forced to step out of her office in utter anger she had to follow that order regardless of whether or not she liked it. Once back on the bridge she knew that Commander Archenon needed to be made aware of this new development. She sat down next to him in her chair once more in time to see their new marine standing there. "Welcome aboard Major!" She said somewhat stiffly and as if she were bothered by something else. Bajorans like her tended to wear their emotions on their sleeves, though sometimes she felt that it gave her an advantage. "Commander your not going to like this. The Admiral from Starfleet's Delta Quadrant Division just contacted me...No it wasn't Admiral S'iraa he is under the impression that you are not fit for command and wants you to prove yourself otherwise...Well that doesn't matter he wants you to personally lead a boarding party to the Cube if we have to board it." She whispered this so that only he would hear her words.

(Tag)
Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 3:31 pm

Matt stood and welcomed aboard the new Marine Commanding Officer. "Permission granted, Major. You're Marines are stationed on Deck 11, under the command of their XO. Glad to have you aboard." He paused. "I trust you were briefed by an officer at DS9 on our current mission, correct?"

-- tag (read our mission brief in the Mission Brief board if you haven't yet) --

Matt grinned at her and dismissed her, allowing her to go meet her new command. The season officer would be a good addition to the senior staff. Matt settled back into his Captain's Chair, enjoying the leather apolestry, until his XO, Lieutenant Commander Clarke returned. He wasn't sure where she had went but she sat down next to him after greeting the Marine CO. What she whispered to him was what disturbed him the most.

"Commander your not going to like this. The Admiral from Starfleet's Delta Quadrant Division just contacted me...No it wasn't Admiral S'iraa he is under the impression that you are not fit for command and wants you to prove yourself otherwise...Well that doesn't matter he wants you to personally lead a boarding party to the Cube if we have to board it."

The smile evaporated from his face, almost instantly. He collected himself. He knew he had to shrug the emotions off; Admiral S'iraa was a good officer, but he wasn't sure why he was disproved by the Caitian. His posting to TF38 had excited him at the beginning. "I understand, Commander. We'll just have to prove him wrong, eh?" he said. Matt turned his head to the Commander, a twinkle of defiance in his eyes.

"Commander, all personnel from Deep Space Nine are on board."

"Thank you, Lieutenant. Ensign, set a course for the Delta Quadrant... Warp 7.5."

-- tag crew ; we'll be in the Delta Quadrant tomorrow ; this will just give time for Somers to meet her Marines --

Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:51 pm

--Sickbay, CMO's Office--
--2245h ships time the day of departure from DS9--

"...and that ought to do it" John stretched in his chair and waited for the computer to beep it's happiness with the final crew physical entry.

"Thank you Sir" Dallen the normally irrepressible Bolian head nurse looked exhausted slumped in a chair on the other side of the desk.

"Humm? Oh yes go get some sleep.." John tapped the LCARS panel on the desk and stood up himself "..unless you fancy a swift beer?"

"No Doctor, I'm going to go to bed, I have to make rounds tomorrow with the new nursing staff, did you know that Ms Carmial was once a..." she looked like she might be building into a full on history of whatever Nurse Carmial had done before arriving on Invincible but John really wasn't in the mood this time and so cut her off

"I'm going down to the lounge anyhow, I'll see you later" ushering her out of the office in front of him John waved to Dr Monroe who had the graveyard shift in sickbay, the older man was healing up some minor cuts and bruises on a handful of personnel picked up after Invincible's whistle-stop visit to DS9.

"Nothing serious Dr Monroe?" John was already edging toward the door

"Nah Lad, just some over excited boys and some that can'nae move boxes whe out but they drop yin on thersel" the dour Scot glared at his patient who meekly smiled.

-----

Five minutes later John was sitting in the crew lounge with a cold glass of beer in front of him examining the star field through the windows and trying to put to one side the details of crewmen's personal histories.

((Tag anyone who fancies a pint before we hit the DQ))
Back to top Go down
Joshua Seetar
Joshua Seetar

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:50 pm

Josh, after some time in spent in Engineering, made his way into the main lounge of the Invincible. He saw the CMO sitting at the bar and headed over there, taking a stool next to him. "Nice to meet you, Lieutenant. Lieutenant Joshua Seetar," he said, extending his hand. He ordered some synth-whiskey and turned to the Medical officer. "Have any interesting cases yet, Doc?"

(tag Waterhouse)
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:20 pm

Josh, after some time in spent in Engineering, made his way into the main lounge of the Invincible. He saw the CMO sitting at the bar and headed over there, taking a stool next to him. "Nice to meet you, Lieutenant. Lieutenant Joshua Seetar," he said, extending his hand. He ordered some synth-whiskey and turned to the Medical officer. "Have any interesting cases yet, Doc?"

John grasped the offered hand, "John Waterhouse, and nothing of real note, thankfully - although our security chief better watch his sports or he'll do himself in before the Borg have the chance to." he took a mouthful of beer. "I've spent all day filling in reports and making sure everyone can touch their toes properly, hence the wind down" he waves his hands around at the walls "How about you? This old girl giving us all she can?"

OOC- we should perhaps take this over to the joint post construction bit if it's going to be a long chat!
Back to top Go down
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 12:48 am

OOC: I do not know who the Marine XO is, also does anyone want to put a voice to the Male Marine who Somers spoke to?

IC

Major Jasmine Somers
USS Invincible

Matt stood and welcomed aboard the new Marine Commanding Officer. "Permission granted, Major. You're Marines are stationed on Deck 11, under the command of their XO. Glad to have you aboard." He paused. "I trust you were briefed by an officer at DS9 on our current mission, correct?"

“Yes Captain, I have read it, I suppose I had better go and meet my new command” Somers said, and nodded once as she looked around the bridge then left when dismissed.

Matt grinned at her and dismissed her, allowing her to go meet her new command. The season officer would be a good addition to the senior staff. Matt settled back into his Captain's Chair, enjoying the leather upholstery, until his XO, Lieutenant Commander Clarke returned. He wasn't sure where she had went but she sat down next to him after greeting the Marine CO. What she whispered to him was what disturbed him the most.

"Commander your not going to like this. The Admiral from Starfleet's Delta Quadrant Division just contacted me...No it wasn't Admiral S'iraa he is under the impression that you are not fit for command and wants you to prove yourself otherwise...Well that doesn't matter he wants you to personally lead a boarding party to the Cube if we have to board it."

The smile evaporated from his face, almost instantly. He collected himself. He knew he had to shrug the emotions off; Admiral S'iraa was a good officer, but he wasn't sure why he was disproved by the Caitian. His posting to TF38 had excited him at the beginning. "I understand, Commander. We'll just have to prove him wrong, eh?" he said. Matt turned his head to the Commander, a twinkle of defiance in his eyes.

"Commander, all personnel from Deep Space Nine are on board."

"Thank you, Lieutenant. Ensign, set a course for the Delta Quadrant... Warp 7.5."

Deck 11 - USS Invincible

As Jasmine arrived on Deck 11 after a turbolift ride, she drops her kit bag and seeks out her new XO, she confronts a Marine.

"Who and where is the Unit XO Marine?" She asked.

The Marine noted someone standing over him, he looked up and saw the green uniform and the rank of the person addressing him. He shot up to attention.

"Who and where Marine?" Somers asked.

Tag: Marine, Open
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 1:16 am

It didn't feel any different.

The base duty, standing at the ready at the tactical console, at least hadn't changed. For the most part, his time on duty consisted of checking the tactical overlay periodically. So far, the most exciting time was their trip to and from Deep Space Nine. A plethora of traffic had lit up the display. None were overtly hostile towards the Invincible, the station, or the other traffic in the area. Still though, it beat staring at an empty screen.

What was foremost on his mind though was the task of figuring out how to infiltrate a Borg Cube. The reports he'd read thus far indicated a mix of behavior. Most of the time, it seemed as though the drones just left you be. Start fooling about and make them feel threatened, they'll come down on you. That was under normal circumstances though. More extraneous circumstances, documented most notable by the USS Voyager, found the Borg to be communicative in instances where their own well-being was in jeopardy. Not to mention the Borg didn't seem to be above double-crossing those they were involved with.

Hopefully it wouldn't be his problem for much longer, what with a proper Marine CO now on the ship. Course until there was a change of orders, it would remain his problem.

Still didn't feel any different.
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 4:30 am

OOC Sad(This is the Completed Joint Post that Josh and John have been working on. and takes place in "the lounge" shortly after departure from DS9 - we need a snapper name for this place!n))

John grasped the offered hand, "John Waterhouse, and nothing of real note, thankfully - although our security chief better watch his sports or he'll do himself in before the Borg have the chance to." he took a mouthful of beer. "I've spent all day filling in reports and making sure everyone can touch their toes properly, hence the wind down" he waves his hands around at the walls "How about you? This old girl giving us all she can?"

Josh chuckled at the man's response. He seemed like a decent guy. "I'm doing well... and she's a good ship. She'll get us where we're going and back in one piece." He grinned, thinking on the old Excelsior. "The refit really did wonders to her warp core, and since I've come on board her efficiency is up about 3%." He paused. "What're your thoughts on the mission coming up?" His secondary position of second officer made him always wanting to understand and gauge the crew's feelings, especially of the senior staff.

The doctor turned on the stool to look more closely at Josh, after the episode with the security chief John was in no great rush to shoot his mouth off again. "I'm glad to be back in space, and on such an apparently efficient ship..." and as he said it he realised he meant it, continuing "I'm nervous, after all I never seen any borg for real and I've not fired a phaser since basic training, but I guess that's why we have security and don't lets forget the marines doing all that banging about on deck 11!"

Taking another pull at the pint. "Seems odd to send us straight from dry dock to such a risky rendezvous 'though." then realising he was starting to sound like the voice of doom onboard - "I'm thinking someone's got it in for us already... who'd you offend on the way in?" chancing a smile and trying to gauge the engineer's reaction.

Josh laughed openly at the joke, taking a sip of his whiskey after it arrived. He savored it as it passed through his throat, burning it's way to his stomach. "Not sure, honestly. I'm not too worried. Starfleet's getting spread thin and our CO is a good guy. I served with Matt for a long time; if there's anyone qualified for a potentially combat filled mission it's Archenon."

Josh chugged down some more of his whiskey. The thought of how pitifully small the cups issued to them by the 'tenders were gripped him but he passed it off for a later complaint. "So, what ship were you stationed to before the Invincible?" he inquired.

"I was on the USS Nightingale, ol'Flo as we called her, medical relief ship. Doted about what felt like half the quadrant - where ever they could use a highly qualified" the doctor tapped himself on the chest "medical team and a large mobile hospital. Basically I saw a lot of struggling planets and I have a healthy respect for what nature can do to living beings - even on someone's own home planet they can get seriously slapped about. For instance the atmosphere processors on Tirrus XI failed, this was a couple of years back, first ship on the scene was Ajax, now she's a good battleship but her crew had the job of their lives trying to fix those processors, we arrived a couple of days later and had all sorts of poisonings, respiratory problems and a good few follow on disease cases, I mean it's the 2380's and people still manage to die of the simplest things. That being before you get into deliberate harm."

Finishing the beer in a few gulps John eye'd the empty glass. Gesturing to the bartender to refill the whisky glass in front of Josh and indicating one for himself he turned to the Lt. "So you served with the Captain before? Where was that? My nurses have been trading rumours and tall tales all week, care to share some real insights?"

Josh listened to the CMO's story; it was an honorable position, working on a Starfleet medical ship. It was a tough job, and one he didn't envy. He chuckled at John's question. "Well, we and Matt met up on the USS Lopez, a Sovereign. I was the Assisant Chief of Engineering and he was the Chief of Tac Sec. We became buddies after some hanging out, with some of the same interests." Josh paused as the 'tender handed him his refilled whiskey, courtesy of the doctor. With a wink at Waterhouse he continued. "I was offered a position as CEO on a Nova class science vessel, which I took. I'd made some good friends on the Lopez but I was looking to further my career and the CEO of the Lopez didn't appear to be going anywhere soon. Me and Matt remained in contact... I visited him while he took time off after the Lopez's border incident." He stopped. "Try and cull those rumors, will you? The Captain's a good man. I don't wanna see any slanders thrown around. He and his shuttle were the only survivors of a Jem'hadar ambush; if there's anyone qualified for combat it's Archenon."

Josh drained his cup, wondering how he would've felt a few hundred years ago under the effects of alcohol. "I was on the Nova for a while before I got requested my Matt after he reactivated. I jumped at the chance, 'specially since I like the Excelsiors. Nice aesthetics, good engines." Deciding two was enough for one sitting, Josh stood. "I've gotta be heading to the bridge. We'll be enterting the Delta Quadrant soon and I'd like to make a few last minute mods before we get underway. Nice talking with you." He shook the CMO's hand again and then turned and left. The doctor was a good man and he looked forward to working with the doctor in the future.

As the CEO left John sipped his whisky and looked back out at the starfield. 'So now we know the truth of it huh Johnny? Captain's a hero and Dallen wasn't far off after all.' However hero or not this was likely to get bad before it was over, trauma care for Borg victims wasn't really going to be a barrel of laughs. Standing he dropped the empty glass back on the bar and walked slowly out in the direction of his quarters.

"And you can shut up" - he remarked in passing to the memory of the tiny child with her rock shattered spine.
Back to top Go down
SClarke
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
SClarke

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 10:50 am

OOC: Firstly I will let you guys name our Lounge have fun with that just keep it PG please. Anyway I will backpost on my tags, since all crewmembers are on board I have pushed us a little bit ahead feel free to backpost where need be, but starting today the actual mission will begin.

IC:

.:.Deck 11.:.

"Who and where is the Unit XO Marine?" She asked.

The Marine noted someone standing over him, he looked up and saw the green uniform and the rank of the person addressing him. He shot up to attention.

"Who and where Marine?" Somers asked.

However, prior to the response by the shaken Private a rather tall lanky looking man approached her. "Welcome aboard Major, I am Captain Taylor Roberts formerly acting Marine Commanding Officer, now Executive Officer."

(Tag Somers)

Roberts watched as the youth jarhead slipped out of the Major's grasp now that he had distracted her. "I already have the crew report ready it's on my desk the training regimen is also there unless of course you would like to make some changes ma'am?"

(Tag Somers)

.:.Bridge.:.

Commander Clarke having been previously distracted hadn't answered her Commanding Officer honestly he had asked her if she was upset, or something would be potentially bothering her. "Your question about if something was bothering me earlier Commander..." She drew a deep breath, "It was nothing really I received a message from my mother before we left Spacedock. It made me rather happy, I guess I lost control of my emotions for a moment."

(Tag Matt)

Approx. 10 Hours Later

Clarke watched as the ship fell out of warp entering the system that they had been destined to go to in the Delta Quadrant. In the distant corner of the viewscreen the small dot that was the Borg Cube could be made out clearly. She didn't want to step on any toes so she looked towards Matt for a moment before peering back at the viewscreen. "Senior staff members to the bridge, and/or stations."

(Tag All)
Back to top Go down
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 5:22 pm

Major Jasmine Somers
Deck 11
USS Invincible

Jasmine found the Officer.

"Lieutenant get the Marines assembled on the deck, now" She said.

"Aye Sir" He said and left.

Jasmine gave him sometime to get the Marines Assembled, while she was waiting, she tapped her Commbadge.

=/\= Major Somers to Lieutenant Cousland =/\=

=/\= TAG Cousland =/\=

=/\= I checked the duty logs and saw that you had been tempoarily put in command of the Marines. I am notifying you know, that of this moment, I am officially relieving you of Marine Duty. I would appriciate it if you could send any reports regarding the Marines, you made while in charge to my Padd? =/\= She said.

=/\= TAG Cousland =/\=

=/\= Thank you Lieutenant, Somers out =/\= Closing the link, she decided that she had given the Marine XO enough time, so she headed to the shuttlebay.

Shuttlebay

She arrived in the Main shuttlebay and was please to see all the Marines had been formed up.

"Detachment Ready for inspection Sir" The Lieutenant said.

Jasmine nodded, and walked up one side and down the other, grunting in satisfaction to herself. Finally coming round to the front and facing them.

"At ease people" She said and he Marines stood at Parade Rest. "Now in case none of you have worked it out, I am your new Marine CO. For awhile I will go easy, but only until I find my footing, and I will want to get to know my new Command.

A Marine raised his hand, Somers saw him.

"Yes Marine?" She asked.

"Sir I have been a Marine a few years and seen some Officersm but your face and name I have never heard of before" He said and flinched back as Somers gave him an Icy green stare.

"A Little about me, in one way you are right Marine. Before taking a post on the Sentinel, I served on the USS Commanche for a short time and later on the USS Sentinel. I was a Lieutenant Commander Chief Tactical Officer and 2nd Officer on the Sentinel, before she was put into dry dock for an extended period. When I was looking for a new post, I was offered this one. But be assured, that while I may not be career Marine, I can be as mean as a mainline Marine Officer, push me and you will see my dark side. Anymore questions?" she asked.

No one had anything.

"Good, now I want you to keep up with the routine you were doing before I came here" She said looking at the Lieutenant "Oh and Lieutenant fit in fitness drills" There were groan's at this "We will be going into the Delta Quadrant and I want everyone of you able to keep up, is that understood?" She asked.

"YES SIR" All replied, Jasmine smiled to herself.

"Dismissed" She said and was pleased to see her XO was going about organising fitness drills.

with that done she returned to where she found the 2nd Lieutenant and picked up her kitbag and went in search of her assigned quarters to get settled in.

Tag: Open (If anyone wants to contact Somers, she will be in her new quarters settling in.)

Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 11:00 pm

-- 10 hours prior --

Matt inclined his head to the Executive officer, noting her response to the question. His curiousity was peaked but he curbed it for her benefit. It wasn't his place to know the information or she would've enlightened him, he was sure.

-- Present --

Matt watched as the stars flew past as the Invincible sped through space.

"Entering the Delta Quadrant, Commander,"
called the Flight control officer. Matt tensed, his instincts readying him for whatever lay ahead. Before he could respond his XO made the shipwide announcement; all crew to their stations. He nodded at her, giving his silent thanks and approval. "Thank you, Ensign. Lieutenant, please begin scanning for the Borg cube, and set a course for the approximate location of the Borg cube, warp 5. Take us to within a short warp jump. Alert Delta Quadrant command we've entered the sector and are deploying. Take us to yellow alert for the duration of the mission, Mr. Cousland. Also, please select a squad of your men to accompany us to the cube. Have them suited up for a boarding mission."

-- tag Cousland --

He paused. Matt tapped his combadge. "Major Somers, ready your Marines. Get them suited up for a possible boarding of the Borg cube, full tactical suits and weapon outfits. Please accommodate the Security officers sent down as well." Matt sat back in his seat, orders passed out. The panel next to his Captain's chair showed him the kilometers counting down as they neared their objective.

-- tag Somers and crew --
Back to top Go down
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 2:50 am

Major Jasmine Somers
Personal Quarters
USS Invincible

Jasmine was almost settled in when the ship went to Yellow Alert and suddenly her Commbadge activated.

=/\=Major Somers, ready your Marines. Get them suited up for a possible boarding of the Borg cube, full tactical suits and weapon outfits. Please accommodate the Security officers sent down as well.=/\=

Tapping her Commbadge to make the Link a two way "Affrimative, Somers out" She said closing the link. Then activating it again "Major Somers to all Marines, report to Main armoury in full Tactical suits, now" She ordered, getting changed into her Tactical space combat suit, then attatching her Mek'Leth blade in its holster to back and then left for the Main armoury.

Main Armoury

She arrived there and saw Marines and Security personnel in Tactical combat suits. All looked at her, or more accurately at the Kligon weapon strapped to her back.

"What!? If I am going over there, its not to sight see, if the enemy attack, I take no prisoners" She said openeing the armoury/

"What enemy is that Major?" One of the Security Officers asked.

Looking at her "why the Borg, so for this mission, we will all be issued with the TR-116 Rifle. If the Drones do attack, then with standard Phasers we will only get approximately 3 shots each, then its cyber city for us. The TR-116 Rifle is a throwback, it uses a chemical reaction to fire a projectile. its only form of energy is kinetic. So to give us added firepower, you will all be issued armour piercing rounds. Use them wisely, as the Borg may eventually adapt, if you do have to shoot aim for the head, One shot One kill" She said as she began equipping both Marines and Security with a TR-116 and the max amount of armour one person can carry. "Okay all assemble in the Main Transporter room and await further orders" Looking at the Marine 2nd Lieutenant "See to it Lieutenant" She said.

"Aye Sir" He replied and led both teams away.

When they had left, Jasmine tied her hair up into a tight Bun, then tapped her Commbadge. =/\= Major Somers to Commander Archenon, Sir if you are leading this away mission, you need to get yourself down to the Main armury to be given a weapon=/\= She said and waited for his response.

Tag: =/\= Archenon =/\=

Tag: crew
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 8:49 pm

--Shortly after Yellow Alert--
--Main Sickbay--
-CMO's Office-

John had gathered his senior medical staff into his office to brief them and organise their response to Yellow Alert status.

"Mr Monroe, you and I will remain in sickbay ready to receive casualties, Ms Dallen I want you to split the nursing staff into pairs and brief them on their paramedic stations about the ship; then dismiss the off-duty shifts, I'll retain two surgical teams here with Dr Monroe and yourself. Dr Adam you will remain off duty but on standby unless we really get into this in which case you become my triage doctor and we send the rest of the nurses out to their posts. Understood everyone?" A chorus of "Yes, Doctor" and "Aye Sir" concluded the meeting and the sickbay staff moved off to their duties.

"Now the waiting begins, hmm? Mr Monroe?" John was excited and slightly nervous having never run a sickbay in a combat situation before.

The seasoned Scot looked his superior up and down, "Aye Lad, just waiting for yon boys in the battle suits tae get all broke up" the older man had a faraway look in his eyes as he began to check over his instruments again.

Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 7:49 pm

"Entering the Delta Quadrant, Commander," called the Flight control officer. Matt tensed, his instincts readying him for whatever lay ahead. Before he could respond his XO made the shipwide announcement; all crew to their stations. He nodded at her, giving his silent thanks and approval. "Thank you, Ensign. Lieutenant, please begin scanning for the Borg cube, and set a course for the approximate location of the Borg cube, warp 5. Take us to within a short warp jump. Alert Delta Quadrant command we've entered the sector and are deploying. Take us to yellow alert for the duration of the mission, Mr. Cousland. Also, please select a squad of your men to accompany us to the cube. Have them suited up for a boarding mission."

"Aye, sir." Jeffery confirmed, the lighting around the bridge and the rest of the ship softly being accented with a yellow twinge.

He tapped his commbadge, letting the next officer take over his console,"Fitzroy, Cartayno, Gurton. Report to the armory."

The acknowledgements came as Jeffery stepped out from behind the tactical console and boarded the turbolift,"Armory."

A short trip down a few decks, Jeffery stepped into the armory. Fitzroy had already arrived before Jeffery, as well as what looked like a few marines who were also gearing up.

"What's with the soldiers?" Fitzroy asked, swaggering up to Jeffery.

Jeffery just shrugged a bit,"They're marines. Wouldn't imagine they would sit out going on a Borg Cube."

---A few moments later---

Jeffery wandered into the transporter room, his fellow security officers in tow with him. Also assembled it seemed was a detachment of the marines on the ship. Jeffery didn't pay them much mind, despite the obvious differences in gear and setup. In comparison, Jeffery, Fitzroy, Cartayno, and Gurton were pretty naked, wearing their duty uniforms and armed with a standard issue phaser and a tricorder. The Marines were dressed down a bit more elaborately. Intimidating, but only just since they were on the same team.

((Tag Somers, anyone else in the transporter room))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper Empty

Back to top Go down

Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next