USS Invincible -- Bravo Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the USS Invincible, a newly commissioned Excelsior class refit under the command of Captain Matthew Archenon. The Invincible is a detachment of Bravo Fleet's Task Force 38. This is it's official forum for role-playing and socializing.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Posting - Portal Jumper

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

Posting - Portal Jumper Empty
PostSubject: Posting - Portal Jumper   Posting - Portal Jumper EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 3:04 pm

Whats the point of having Marines on aboard, if they are not used?

It seems that the rescue has already been done and no one has beamed over to the Captain's location, or Archenon is seeing things!!!

My Characters next actions depend on Seetar's response, if it was not for full understanding of Real Life stuff I would really be upset.

Damn this understanding, Do not take this post the wrong way people, nothing bad is meant by it. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

LOL
Back to top Go down
http://z8.invisionfree.com/MySiggyForum/index.php
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Posting - Portal Jumper   Posting - Portal Jumper EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 9:42 pm

I don't think that's fair to pose the point of saying that Marines aren't being used. They were used quite extensively earlier in the episode when the away team scurried about the Borg Cube. This latest scene was just engineered to be an epic fly by of the ship, gunning down the opposing vessel as the captain is beamed out. Could some sort of boarding party been used? Sure, just didn't play out that way this time.

That being said, not every episode is going to have direct tasks for the players to handle. Not every episode is going to have a problem for engineering to solve, sickbay isn't always going to have a sick or injured person to heal, and the marines aren't always going to have a castle to storm. That's where we as writers with our imaginations come in, to fill in around where the plot isn't. For example, Waterhouse has a couple JP's with other crew that aren't crucial to the plot. They are awesome to read though since it contains some insight to the character of John Waterhouse as he serves on the Invincible. How do they think? Do they like one lump or two in their tea? What's their favorite color? Do they prefer Union rules in Rugby?

Try creating some other threads for Somers to pull on. Posting combat scenes over and over will become boring I'm sure, so break that up with them going down to the holodeck for some relaxation. The mess hall for some lunch which turns into a conversation with another crewmember in regards to latest work of that Cardassian author you've been talking about. What are their thoughts on the recent activity within the Romulan Empire.
Back to top Go down
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

PostSubject: Re: Posting - Portal Jumper   Posting - Portal Jumper EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 11:19 pm

Somers was only carying out what Seetar initially instructed, her to do this is where I was coming from.

I know you are doing your job here Jeff, and I applaud you for it, but Seetar gave Somers a Task of preparing a squad, Somers is doing this. So the next post where I left tags for Seetar, is a way of finding out if there is going to be an away mission, or if the Training session was to be cancelled.

My Bad for not explaining this properly in the first place, perhaps if I had you would have responded a little differently Jeff.

Basically Somers is looking to Seetar for a choice, if the Marines should stand down or continue to train.

Should have done the post this way in the first place Sad MY BAD Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Joshua Seetar
Chief Engineering Officer
Chief Engineering Officer
Joshua Seetar

PostSubject: Re: Posting - Portal Jumper   Posting - Portal Jumper EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 2:33 am

I gave the disclaimer to prepare a squad on the possible chance that an away team was needed.

Lieutenant Cousland summed it up well and I applaud him for it. Mr Waterhouse's involvement was much less than yours and you should be appreciative you saw any combat in said mission. Jeff's mission mostly consisted of himself bee bopping in Medical, and you were shooting bad guys on a Borg cube.

This sim has a focus on character development, and as much fun as we all get firing our phasers and flexing our muscles, we want to see your character grow as a person as well.
Back to top Go down
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

PostSubject: Re: Posting - Portal Jumper   Posting - Portal Jumper EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 6:55 pm

Thats okay Josh, Cousland has done his duty and sorted it out, I will NOT make this mistake again.

Could someone PLEASE lock this topic?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: Posting - Portal Jumper   Posting - Portal Jumper EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 7:04 pm

Locked.
Back to top Go down
https://invincible.canadian-forum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Posting - Portal Jumper   Posting - Portal Jumper Empty

Back to top Go down

Posting - Portal Jumper
Page 1 of 1