USS Invincible -- Bravo Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the USS Invincible, a newly commissioned Excelsior class refit under the command of Captain Matthew Archenon. The Invincible is a detachment of Bravo Fleet's Task Force 38. This is it's official forum for role-playing and socializing.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper

Go down 
+3
Jeffery Cousland
SClarke
Matthew Archenon
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 3:41 am

Matt sat back in his Captain's Chair, relaxing and waiting for the inevitable moment when they were within sensor range of the cube. He knew they were still about 10 minutes off but his body would not allow him to untense. He rolled his neck around, cracking it loudly, and then grinned like a child. It was one of his habits and it just felt good. His comm badge chirped only moments after.

=/\= Major Somers to Commander Archenon, Sir if you are leading this away mission, you need to get yourself down to the Main armury to be given a weapon =/\=

Matt paused, contemplating his answer for a moment =^= Archenon here, bring a rifle to the transporter room where your waiting. I'll meet you down there if it comes down to a boarding. All Marines and Security are to be on stand-by until my notice =^= Archenon checked down on the display next to his Captain's chair. They neared their target. "Increase to Warp 8," called Matt, his anxiety speaking clearly. The extra speed wouldn't hurt them, and besides, it would be nice to push the Invincible, get her warmed up.

The pressure on Matt was immense, and he felt it bearing on his shoulders. Leading a ship and a crew of 800 was stressful enough, especially with a new Executive Officer and the lack of confidence from his superiors. Matt always felt his determination and cunning was one of his greatest attributes, and he would put to them to use in this mission.

He would not let his crew down; they would return home no matter what. Archenon planned to make it that way.

Matt was jerked out of his thoughts by the light voice of the flight control officer, recently switched out for fresh hands on the controls. "Commander, Borg cube is now on long range sensors."

The Commander's eyes narrowed. "Drop out of warp and take us to 3/4 impulse. Patch the scans to my console. Lieutenant Durand, full long range scans. Take us to just outside their maximum torpedo range. Scan their perimeter and watch for reinforcements." He tapped his comm badge. =^= Engineering, I'm going to need emergency warp at a moment's notice. Have a permanent course set for Delta Commmand =^=

-- tag Seetar --

=^= Affirmative, Engineering =^= Matt thought through his mental checklist of preparations. "Tactical, take us to red alert while we're within long range of the cube. Cancel the alarm, though." A personal preference, the loud noise grated on his nerves.

"Sir, Borg cube confirmed within area, but, sir..."

Matt turned to the Ops station. He could see consternation on the officer's face. "What is it, Lieutenant?"

"It appears that the Borg cube is dysfunctional; even burning. It's been attacked, sir, and thoroughly.... and... from this range, it doesn't look like phasers."

Matt's eyebrows closed in on each other. Thoughts raced a thousand miles an hour through his head and he made attempts to organize them. "Commander, thoughts and advice?" he asked, valuing his XO's opinion.

-- tag Clarke and crew --
Back to top Go down
https://invincible.canadian-forum.com
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:58 am

Main Transporter Room
Just arriving at the Borg Cube

Standing in the transporter room, the soft yellow aura that had permeated around those there had turned into a harsh, red klaxon. The whine of 'Red Alert' came, a sound that both inspired and gave him pause. Hopefully his relief on the bridge was handling themselves reasonably well. It was a bit miffing though for the ship to have gone to red alert for the first time he'd been aboard and he wasn't on the bridge to be a part of that.

Being part of a boarding party wasn't anything trivial though, especially since it was a Borg vessel. Not a bad bit to put on his Starfleet resume'. The actual number of officers and personnel that could make such a boast within the fleet was undoubtedly small enough that Jeffery could flaunt that accolade to a significant number of people and would be met with a sense of awe. Perhaps even envy. How envious that experience would be though still was up in the air.

The security officers were standing off in a corner, a little bit away from the marines that had assembled in the transporter room. Jeffery supposed it was a natural separation, being the difference between yellow collars and green ones. Not to mention the slick looking battle dress that the marines had going for themselves.

"They're packing some pretty serious firepower." Gurton remarked offhandedly, his arms crossed in front of him.

Cartayno nodded,"Well, they're marines. Can't imagine they'll head into a situation like this without being prepared for a full on assault. We are boarding another ship though."

Fitzroy took a step in close to the group, giving a slight head gesture at the marines,"Why aren't we armed like that?"

Jeffery turned in a bit towards the group, standing profile to the group with his head turned in. His hands were knit behind his back,"Doubt we'll need it. Besides, our orders aren't to provoke the Borg into fighting, just to defend ourselves as we board and investigate."

"Their defense looks a bit more deterrent." Fitzroy commented, a very slight hint of concern showing on his face.

Jeffery heaved a breath of amusement out his nose,"From what I've looked at, the Borg won't just up and start attacking you unless you're doing something they don't like."

"Or they're trying to assimilate you. Can't say I like that prospect much, having all that stuff implanted in you." Cartayno piped in, giving a slight shiver at the thought of becoming a Borg.

"That's what the phasers are for." Jeffery said, patting the phaser on his hip.

Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 10:53 pm

The Invincble moved slowly forward towards the cube, inching it's way to just outside her weapons range. "Full stop, Ensign. Report to Starfleet on our current position and situation." He felt the movement of the vessel halt and thought about his next step. The choice was obvious but one he didn't envy.

He tapped the panel next to his command chair, patching himself directly to the Security and Marine COs. "Major Somers, Lieutenant Cousland, we're just outside of weapons range of the cube, within transporter distance. We've have an interesting update, though. It appears as though the cube has been attacked and made dysfunctional, but not by... conventional methods. The marks and scarrings of the hull are not phaser burns."

Matt paused at that, letting the chiefs of staff absorb the information. "We're not sure what's going on over there but we need to figure it out. I'm now en route to your transporter room, prepare all your men for immediate departure." Matt tapped off his combadge, allowing the COs to take it as they would. He again called to one of his staff, this time his trusted CEO and Second Officer. "Lieutenant Seetar, report to the bridge. You'll be taking command of the Invincible in my and Commander Clarke's absence."

-- tag Seetar --

"Alright, Lieutenant." Matt cut the conversation off and stood. "Good luck, ladies and gentlemen," he said to the bridge crew as he turned and left. The Commander motioned to Clarke to follow him and then stepped inside the turbolift. "We may be hurtling to our deaths right now, eh, Commander? Our first mission, an unknown source of damage on a fracking Borg cube, and not without the Admiralty's lack of confidence in myself."

-- tag Clarke and crew --
Back to top Go down
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 2:03 am

Major Jasmine Somers
Marine CO
Transporter Room
USS Invincible

Jasmine noted the remaining personnel arriving, and noted the weapons they were carrying.

Looking at Cousland "This your first Borg cube insertion Lieutenant?" She asked.

Tag: Cousland

Then the reply from the Commander she had been waiting for arrived.

=/\= Archenon here, bring a rifle to the transporter room where your waiting. I'll meet you down there if it comes down to a boarding. All Marines and Security are to be on stand-by until my notice =/\=

Tapping her Commbadge =/\= Understood Sir, Somers out =/\= She said, then looked around and saw another Marine arrive with extra weapons and a tricorder. "Good, you brought the Captain's weapons; we are to remain here on call until otherwise notified, so find a place to sit, and double check your weapons" She said.

As they all relaxed the rooms Communications activated.

=/\=Major Somers, Lieutenant Cousland, we're just outside of weapons range of the cube, within transporter distance. We've have an interesting update, though. It appears as though the cube has been attacked and made dysfunctional, but not by... conventional methods. The marks and scarrings of the hull are not phaser burns.=/\=

=/\= Yes Sir =/\= She said, "okay you heard that people, Lock 'n' Load" She said as all Marines readied their weapons, then onece again Commander Archenon's voice came over their Commbadges a short time after Somers asked her question. =/\= What's going on over ther Sir, is there any information? =/\= she asked.

=/\=We're not sure what's going on over there but we need to figure it out. I'm now en route to your transporter room, prepare all your men for immediate departure.=/\=

=/\= Affirmative, Sir, Somers out =/\= She said as the link closed and the Marines all stood. as they waited for Archenon to arrive.

((Tags Cousland, Archenon and anyone else in the transporter room))
Back to top Go down
http://z8.invisionfree.com/MySiggyForum/index.php
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 2:46 am

"This your first Borg cube insertion Lieutenant?" Somers asked.

Jeffery turned from the small group of security officers to look over to Somers,"That it is, Major."

He was attempting to exude a sense of confidence to everyone around him. The level of success varied from person to person, and the-

The thought was interrupted with a conversation between Somers and Archenon.

Quote :

=/\= Archenon here, bring a rifle to the transporter room where your waiting. I'll meet you down there if it comes down to a boarding. All Marines and Security are to be on stand-by until my notice =/\=

Tapping her Commbadge =/\= Understood Sir, Somers out =/\= She said, then looked around and saw another Marine arrive with extra weapons and a tricorder. "Good, you brought the Captain's weapons; we are to remain here on call until otherwise notified, so find a place to sit, and double check your weapons" She said.

As they all relaxed the rooms Communications activated.

=/\=Major Somers, Lieutenant Cousland, we're just outside of weapons range of the cube, within transporter distance. We've have an interesting update, though. It appears as though the cube has been attacked and made dysfunctional, but not by... conventional methods. The marks and scarrings of the hull are not phaser burns.=/\=

=/\= Yes Sir =/\= She said, "okay you heard that people, Lock 'n' Load" She said as all Marines readied their weapons, then onece again Commander Archenon's voice came over their Commbadges a short time after Somers asked her question. =/\= What's going on over ther Sir, is there any information? =/\= she asked.

=/\=We're not sure what's going on over there but we need to figure it out. I'm now en route to your transporter room, prepare all your men for immediate departure.=/\=

=/\= Affirmative, Sir, Somers out =/\= She said as the link closed and the Marines all stood. as they waited for Archenon to arrive.

A quiet snicker came from Gurton.

Jeffery looked over at him,"Something funny, ensign?"

"It just hit me how many marines there are, and how few of us there are."

Fitzroy and Cartayno both looked over at the marines and then back to Jeffery with expectant looks on their faces.

"Gentlemen, let's remind ourselves of our duty. Not to mention I chose you because you're the best on the ship."

That seemed to quell any thoughts of dissent that may have started to crop up in their minds. When in doubt, stir up their pride.
Back to top Go down
Joshua Seetar
Chief Engineering Officer
Joshua Seetar

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 6:54 pm

Josh received the reports from the bridge quietly. He knew the ship was as ready as it could be and he would prepare them for whatever 'doom' might await them. Josh had seen combat before, many times, but the Borg were new to him. Josh walked about the Invincible's engineering section, instructing junior members on preliminary action and also preparation of the engines, warp core, and weapons.

Seetar had just taken a seat in his chair in his office at one end of engineering when his badge clicked and he heard the Commander's voice once again, this time with an order.

"Lieutenant Seetar, report to the bridge. You'll be taking command of the Invincible in my and Commander Clarke's absence."

Seetar sucked a deep breath in. Not what he had expected in the slightest but he knew what needed to be done. Josh was the most senior officer on the ship who wouldn't be beaming over, and as the Second Officer he had performed stints on the bridge and was familiar with Command. It was still unnerving, none the less. "Affirmative, Commander, on my way." Josh left his officer, waving at his Assistant Chief to take command of Engineering. Josh headed for engineering's turbolift and shot up to the bridge, exiting a mere few moments later. The bridge crew acknowledged and he walked quickly to the Captain's chair.

He chose not to sit; it didn't feel right for him to take Archenon's chair. He remained standing. "Hold this position, Ensign. When the team transports over maintain a lock on them for the duration of their stay."

(tag all)
Back to top Go down
SClarke
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
SClarke

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:22 am

"Alright, Lieutenant." Matt cut the conversation off and stood. "Good luck, ladies and gentlemen," he said to the bridge crew as he turned and left. The Commander motioned to Clarke to follow him and then stepped inside the turbolift. "We may be hurtling to our deaths right now, eh, Commander? Our first mission, an unknown source of damage on a fracking Borg cube, and not without the Admiralty's lack of confidence in myself."

She had stepped inside the turbolift, "Agreed sir." She responded as the turbolift came to a halt and they disembarked and went towards the Transporter Room. Once inside the group of marines and tactical officers and crewmen were standing in place. She looked towards the others as a nearby marine tossed her a weapon that she strapped over her shoulder. Formerly she would have never thought that she would be needing one of these devices her time as an engineer didn't require such means.

It was at this time that she looked around at the others then back towards Matt before beginning to speak, "We are going to go over in two squads Commander Archenon will be leading the first squad and Major Somers will be leading the second squad. Her and myself will make up part of the first squad and Archenon and Mister Cousland you will be a part of the second squad." She turned towards the Major, "I don't have much combat experience that is why you are in charge we are the same rank so it really matters little anyway. The rest of you form into your squads, and prepare for anything."

(Tag All)
Back to top Go down
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 1:53 am

Major Jasmine Somers
Transporter Room
USS Invincible

Commander Clarke looked around then spoke, "We are going to go over in two squads Commander Archenon will be leading the first squad and Major Somers will be leading the second squad. Her and myself will make up part of the first squad and Archenon and Mister Cousland you will be a part of the second squad." She turned towards the Major, "I don't have much combat experience that is why you are in charge we are the same rank so it really matters little anyway. The rest of you form into your squads, and prepare for anything."

"Understood Commander Clarke" then to Archenon "I do suggest though Captain" She said looking at Archenon "that me and my Marines go over first, you come over with the Security detail. Let me and the Marines do our job and make sure it is safe" Somers intoned.

(Tag Archenon/All)

Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:02 am

Matt glanced over at Cousland, hoping the veteran officer wasn't offended. This was Somers specialty so he differed to her. "Suggestion granted, Major." He watched as the Marines and the Commander filed onto the transporter pad, the epitome of military discipline. Matt took a step forward, locking eyes with the Marines. "Don't get killed, eh? Report back after you've cleared the transport point or we'll be over in 3 minutes."

-- tag Marines --

Matt chuckled at the group. With all of the Marines assembled he called to the transporter chief in the room, "Energize." The gathered Marines and his XO dematerialized, disappearing off the platform. He turned to the Security officers. "It's a waiting game now, boys. Let's get ready to get down and dirty."

Matt sighed, his body tensed as he watched the seconds tick down.

-- tag Clarke / Somers - go ahead and adlib after you've beamed over; there can be a semi-operational Borg or two over there but please don't have anyone see any Species 8472 yet --
Back to top Go down
SClarke
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
SClarke

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:53 am

The feeling of the transporter caused her skin to tingle slightly, and she would tighten the grip she had on the weapon in her hand. Seconds turned into what seemed like days as she felt herself appearing on the cold metal deck plating of the Borg cube. She raised her weapon as did several marines around her, but there was no point in doing so. If she had thought that the outside of the ship looked like hell the inside was worse then that. Large metal beams lay throughout the ship and several pathways were destroyed.

Over her head there was a large support beam and a bridge on another deck that had collapsed and fallen through. Several borg drones lay around the area where the deck had collapsed and some were missing body parts. Clarke looked towards Somers and winced, "Someone or something has been here before we were."

(Tag Somers)

Clarke nodded then looked towards the marines, she was holding her hand phaser tightly as she upped the setting on the weapon to full. Then with her free hand she removed the tricorder from her belt and flipped it open with her finger. With her weapon hand she touched a few keys on the keypad and started to move it around. "The only lifesigns that I am detecting are our own."

(Tag Somers)

She walked over to the downed borg drones and began to slide the tricorder above it, "They have been hit with some sort of plasma weapons. That was what killed them, I'm also detecting plasma burns on the remnants of this support beam."

(Tag Somers)

Clarke stood up again and stood next to the group, she could tell the marines were on edge from the carnage that had taken place before they had arrived. She didn't know how long ago this battle had occurred, and they didn't find any remains of a ship having been in the system prior to their arrival. "So as I said your in charge orders?"

(Tag Somers)
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:05 am

he gathered Marines and his XO dematerialized, disappearing off the platform. Archenon turned to the Security officers. "It's a waiting game now, boys. Let's get ready to get down and dirty."

Jeffery gave a nod, turning his head slightly to speak to the other three,"See, any problems over there the marines will take care of it."

Gurton and Cartayno still looked a little uneasy, the time drawing closer until they'd be on a Borg vessel. Fitzroy seemed much more relaxed, and strangely so.

Coming back around, Jeffery looked squarely at Archenon,"Why do we have heavily armed marines boarding, sir? Are we storming the ship or investigating?"

((Tag Archenon))
Back to top Go down
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:34 pm

Major Jasmine Somers
Marine CO
Transporter Room USS Invincible

Matt glanced over at Cousland, hoping the veteran officer wasn't offended. This was Somers specialty so he differed to her. "Suggestion granted, Major." He watched as the Marines and the Commander filed onto the transporter pad, the epitome of military discipline. Matt took a step forward, locking eyes with the Marines. "Don't get killed, eh? Report back after you've cleared the transport point or we'll be over in 3 minutes."

Looking at Archenon, "Yes Sir" she said as she stepped onto the Transporter platform.

Borg Cube - Beam in area

Clarke looked towards Somers and winced, "Someone or something has been here before we were."

Looking about "yes, so it would seem, fan out people Thompson take three Marines to the left, see any Borg put a bullet in their brain, One shot one kill, understand?" She said.

Warrant Officer Thompson looked at her "Yes Sir" he said and led a team up to the left.

Clarke was using her Tri-corder. "The only lifesigns that I am detecting are our own."

As Somers moved up there was a shot fired, Somers had taken out a Borg Drone "I think something is blocking your Tri-Corder readings" Somers said and touched a spot behind her ear to activate a sub dermal Communications unit "Keep alert people, Tri-Corders are not working, we have to rely on our wits" She said and all came back with acknowledgements.

Clarke walked over to the downed borg drones and began to slide the tricorder above one of them.

"They have been hit with some sort of plasma weapons. That was what killed them, I'm also detecting plasma burns on the remnants of this support beam."

Somers and three of the 7 Marines to beam over kept watch as Somers and the Xo were speaking. "Plasma! curious very few Gamma Quadrant Races we know about use Plasma weapon's, but saying that, whoever it was, is a little more powerful than the Borg or Federation. No Starfleet personnel has ever managed to do this type of damage, we have to take this as a serious threat." Somers said as she looked back to their beam in point. It had a solid bulkhead behind it and to its left and right, it was a dead end corridor.

Clarke stood up again and stood next to the group, like the Marines, she too was edgy, Somers observed and rightly so, whoever could have disabled a Borg Cube and have done this much damage was dangerous.

"So as I said your in charge orders?"

Suddenly alert, she touched a spot behind her ear "Somers to Thompson have Lawson and a Marine scout left, the rest return to my location. the Scouts are to keep in contact at all times, they are to go 500 yards then return with a report their orders are to shoot and kill any Borg they see" She said.

"Affirmative Major, Thompson out" Came the reply.

Shortly after Thompson and another Marine jogged to the Beam in location, as Somers sent Corporal James and a Marine to scout to the right, with the same orders.

"Okay lets get back to the beam in site and Secure it, then Commander Archenon can beam in" She said looking at Clarke.

Tag: Clarke

A moment later four Marines and the XO were back at the beam in site and had formed a defence as three TR-116 Rifle shots were heard. Then fifteen minutes later both scouts from each side returned.

"Report" Somers said.

The Corporals looked at each other, Lawson lost out.

"Sir apart from the enraged Drones which we took out with one shot, the damage for 500 yards to left and right is extensive. If and when we proceed it must be with extreme caution" Lawson said.

"Good man" She said then tapped her Commbadge =/\= Major Somers to Captain Archenon, it is safe to transport over Sir, Beam in Site is secure =/\= She said.

Tag =/\= Archenon =/\=

As the link closed Somers along with the initial team kept watch while they waited.
Back to top Go down
Darco
Chief Flight Control Officer
Darco

PostSubject: The Conn   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 12:13 am

USS Invincible - Bridge, Just before Marines beam onto the Cube

Darco comes off the trubolift, he hated when his shift ran strange compared to the mission, but they had kindly allowed him to get some sleep between shifts, he had worked the late shift before and while it was customary for a Senior Officer to be on the bridge at all times during a mission like this, especially one that may require a pilot of his skill.

Looking around the bridge, the mood was tense... He nodded to officers on the bridge and walked down to the CONN and tapped the person there on their shoulder, "I'll take over, thank you."

The officer got up and walked off the bridge while Darco sat down at the CONN.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/titanshadow
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 5:58 pm

Matt received the 'go' from Somers in stride. "Copy, Major, incoming." He pulled the high powered phaser out of his waist holster and motioned the Security team on. He strained his mind, attempting at least to put out an aura of confidence. He was a charismatic person, in his opinion, but this situation had him deeply worried, moreso than just about any other mission he had undertaken.

The Commander took a deep breath, composed himself, checked his phaser, and then nodded to the Transporter chief. "Energize." The group of Security officers and the Commander beamed over, breaking down into particles and coming out on the other side. Matt glanced around the Borg cube, taking in the surroundings and the gathered Marines. "Major, report," he asked the Marine CO. Matt was well aware the Marines had cleared the surrounding area but he kept his phaser gripped tightly in his right hand, always ready for action.

-- tag Somers --

Matt nodded, analyzing and taking in the events."I'm confident that as long as we stay with each other and within range of the Invincible's transporters we'll be safe. Recall your teams; we'll split up into four groups and fan out. Myself, Commander Clarke, Major Somers, and Lieutenant Cousland will split the Marines into platoons and we'll fan out. I'd like to find the perpetrator of this damage, but by no means are you to engage them. I'll be very upset if I have casualties reported from carelessness. I trust you all understand." He paused. "You have your orders. Commander Clarke, Major Somers, Lieutenant Cousland, I'd like to speak with you for a moment."

He pulled the four officers to the side, some of the most important in the mission. "I will be honest with you all; these enemies we are scouting for are dangerous. They are more powerful than the Borg, and you must all be very wary of the situation at hand. I do not need to convey the gravity of my order to not engage these enemies; at the first sight you will radio the Invincible for emergency extraction for the entire team. Shots are not to be fired unless absolutely nessecary." Matt looked each man, and woman, in the eyes, and then nodded, a heavy nod, at the senior staff. He walked over to one of the four groups assembled and prepared along with the rest to move out.

-- tag Clarke, Somers, Cousland - you will be PMed on how to further take the patrol as soon as I can --
Back to top Go down
Joshua Seetar
Joshua Seetar

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:43 pm

Josh surveyed the bridge, nodding politely to Darco as he took his place at the CONN. "Mr. Darco, please monitor our current position for any... 'friends' that might arrive."

(tag Darco)

Josh nodded at the Klingon flight controller and paced the space in front of the Captain's Chair. His brow was furrowed, ready for action. The CEO knew all the puzzle pieces were in place, that not much could go wrong, but he had a bad feeling for some reason.

Seetar listened in as Major Somers reported into Archenon, and then the full away team was off. Josh drilled in his mind all he had been taught on emergency protocol and remained as calm as he could.

Things were mostly quiet on the bridge. The quiet hum of the computer consoles and the crew members hard at work was a steady soft buzz, and the radio communication and transporter locks were fairly consistent. Well, for a little while.

About seven minutes had passed since Matt had left the ship when a sharp alarm sounded. Not a red alert alarm, but a warning none the less. The Ops officers face paled.

"Sir, we've lost transporter lock and communications with the away team!"

Josh swore. "What the frack happened?" His temper flared momentarily, but Seetar put it in check.

"I'm not sure, sir. Attempting to reestablish the lock." The Ops officers face was glued to his desk, and his fingers flew rapidly over the controls. "Nothing, sir. They're within our operational range but we can't lock onto their signatures."

"So they're alone over there," Josh remarked casually. The implications were... bad, to say the least. "Ensign, coordinate your efforts with all transporter chiefs. Get that lock reestablished and find the cause of the error."

"Aye sir."

Josh sat back in the Captain's Chair, his weariness defeating him. He steepled his hands and waited for the coming crucial minutes.

(tag everyone)
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 11:33 pm

OOC: The Security Officers are getting broken up and assigned to the rest of the senior staff currently on the away mission. Gurton will be Archenon's, Fitzroy with Clarke, and Cartayno with Somers. They'll be yours to control for the time they're together with you until (if/when) we reunite them together with myself.

IC:

"I will be honest with you all; these enemies we are scouting for are dangerous. They are more powerful than the Borg, and you must all be very wary of the situation at hand. I do not need to convey the gravity of my order to not engage these enemies; at the first sight you will radio the Invincible for emergency extraction for the entire team. Shots are not to be fired unless absolutely nessecary." Matt said.

"Understood, sir." Jeffery said as Matt moved off to join one of the groups.

As if on queue, Cartayno, Fitzroy, and Gurton came to Jeffery's aid as soon as he was done conferencing with Matt and Somers.

"What's the plan boss?" Fitzroy inquired.

"Aright here's the plan, we're going to split up and cover the senior staff here. Gurton, you're with the captain's squad. Fitzroy, you're with Commander Clarke. Cartayno, you'll be hoofing it with Somers. Think you can keep up?"

Cartayno just stood up a little straighter, a smirk emerging on his face,"They'll wonder how a squishy, security officer like me stays in shape."

"What about you, sir?" Fitzroy asked, gesturing to Jeffery.

Jeffery just heaved up a bit of a sigh,"I'll just have to manage. You've got your orders."

There was no further discussion as the small group of security officers broke up and joined the respective units he'd ordered them to. Jeffery then shuffled to his right a bit to hook up with his own squad of marines.

"Aright, let's keep things as civil as we can with the Borg." Jeffery said as he came to stand in front of his own little army.

Each marine looked as if they were ready to plunge themselves into the depths of a prolonged battle with the intention of holding that ground for what perhaps could be an eternity. As had been commented earlier by one of his officers, they were packing some pretty serious firepower. They carried something that wasn't immediately recognizable by Jeffery. A TR-something or other? It wasn't a phaser, that was for sure. Either way, Jeffery still exuded an presence of authority over his newly acquired squad.

"I want very strict fire discipline. No one shoots at anything unless I say so. We're here to check things over and see what's up, not go about and neutralize every Borg we see."

Jeffery ended it there and began to move down a corridor that was littered with a din of debris. He only ventured a few steps before he realized that the marines weren't right behind him and were still standing at some attention.

"Uh- fall in." Jeffery said.

Almost immediately, the marines fell into place behind him. They all adopted various stances in and around the immediate area, attempting to gain superior firing positions on their surroundings. Jeffery could admire the discipline being show here, but was unsure if that would be a positive or negative as they advanced through the interior of the Cube.

-----

Jeffery had set a fairly deliberate pace for the marines so as they could keep up a steady advance and continue to adequately cover the group. Their communication to each other was simple and efficient, using a plethora of hand signals to each other to indicate danger, position, status, etc. His own security team was trained to use them as well, but the fluidity of which the communication and then action took place amongst the marines was enviable. Not that Jeffery had much of a chance to hold his own training or schedule training on the Invincible since he came aboard. It'd only been a few days. An excuse and he knew it, but one that only he'd have to worry about accepting or rejecting at the moment.

Contact with the Borg had already happened a few times. Drones had wandered across their path, giving them a blank look before continuing on with their task. Each time the marines would, without hesitation, bring up their rifles and train them on the passerby until they were no longer visible. Jeffery himself had just kept his tricorder out as they had proceeded and stopped whenever the even occurred. His earlier research had led him to believe the Borg were kinda like bees. Long as you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone. Perhaps too simple an analogy, but it seemed to be working so far as the team moved further and further into the Cube.

*CLANG CLANG CLAng CLang Clang clang clang....*

Jeffery stopped with the rest of the marines as they stopped to determine the source of the noise. With the mostly squared architecture, it made it difficult to pinpoint exactly which way it came from.

A low whistle came from behind him, accompanied by a slight nudge. Looking to his right, Jeffery saw a marine gesturing up with his rifle. Above them could be seen a pair of drones that seemed to be working on some sort of support structure. Looking closer, it seemed like some of it had fallen on the metal grate.

Turning his a little to the rest of the group, Jeffery gave a nod, indicating to continue forward. Just as they did so, his tricorder started to harp and beep at him. His eyes narrowed as he looked down at his tricorder, but just as quickly as it had begun, the readings has stopped.

Normally, most would assume it was just a tricorder hiccup and carry on, but Jeffery started to feel his heart beat in his chest as the adrenaline started to flow. He quickly clenched his free hand and closed his eyes tight for a brief moment in a vain attempt to clear his head so as-

"GRLLAQCHH!" came the unworldly sound from behind the squad.

All the marines spun around on their heels, bringing their rifles to bear on their target. Standing there, with an astonished look, was one of the marines that was in the rear. His rifle clattered on the deck as he clutched helplessly at his abdomen, blood visibly spilling out onto the deck at an alarming rate despite the low lighting of the interior. The marine collapsed on the deck, unmoving.

A brief moment of silence lingered, the hum of the Cube the squad's only companion as they all looked on at their fallen comrade. Quiet, hushed murmurs shot from marine to marine.

"What the hell was that..."

"We gotta get out of here man."

Jeffery started to turn, but just as he did so, the warm, sticky splatter of a marine's blood hit him right in the face. The marine's own face was a mangled bundle of flesh and bone as he also collapse to the deck to join his fellow fallen marine.

"Open fire!" one of the ranking marines yelled.

Immediately, the marines all huddled into a tighter circle in the intersection they were at, vaulting over pieces of cover which was little more than sheets of metal or fallen support beams. Jeffery himself ducked down behind a pillar with a marine at his back who was already pointing his rifle the other way.

"Cousland to Archenon." Jeffery said as he slapped his commbadge, a bit of a shake in his voice as he did so.

((Archenon))

"We're under attack. Two marines are down, unknown host-"

Just as he was about to finish the sentence, he could make out the silhouette of a figure just standing in the shadows no more than two meters from where Jeffery was crouched down. It was unassuming at first, but then moved with an amazing speed right at him. Before he could react, Jeffery was promptly picked up and flung back down the corridor a good few meters. He landed right on his upper back, somersaulting backwards to land in a prone position looking back at where he was just at. The marine that had been at his back at the pillar was now being lifted in the air, his attacker lifting him by his chest by having impaled him.

"*Gasp* -shoot it!" Jeffery managed to wheeze as he attempted to get back to his feet.

The chorus of the marine's rifles came, all taking aim at the attacker. Whether their shots hit or not wasn't clear as the attacker didn't seem to stop it's rampage as it started after another marine.

Jeffery heaved up his own phaser to get a shot off on it, but missed. The glow of the phaser beam whizzing by illuminated their attacker. It stood at about nine feet, towering over everyone else, three legs, and a nasty looking disposition.

With his sense about him again, Jeffery took aim again and hit the attacker square in what he thought was the chest area. It heaved back for a moment, dropping the marine that now had a gaping hole in his chest. The marine didn't seem to be dead yet as he tried dragging himself away.

Taking note of his ineffective phaser hit,"Cousland to Invincible, we need immediate transport!"

No reply came.

Panic started to grip him, further accented by the continued weapons fire by the marines on the attacker which seemed to be ineffective. Just when it seemed like the chips were already down, another one jumped out of the shadows and started after another marine.

Scrambling up to his feet, Jeffery took cover behind a pillar,"Cousland to anyone. We need some help!"

((Tag Archenon, Clarke, Somers))
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 11:41 pm

OOC: I wrote this while Jeff was writing his - assume it takes place before

It was the waiting that got to him. John had never liked waiting. Sitting here in the brightly lit sickbay of Invincible he could only begin to picture the scene across on the cube. He'd re-racked the instant use hyposprays three times, they were all label outwards and carefully spaced on the tray.

After the ship had gone over to red alert there had been a brief flurry of excitement, Dallen had rushed about sending Nurses and techs out to their stations. Adam had appeared and taken two nurses to the main transporter room ready to act as triage.

That left the surgical teams assembled in the main sickbay; they were now sitting or standing around the biobeds all the final checks done. Talking to keep their spirits up. Everyone in the room knew that something terrible must have happened to the Borg cube and the thought of the away team now "crawling in tae thon hornets nest" as Monroe had put it worried them all more than they were comfortable showing. John had left them to it after the nurses had started to talk about the ships squash league to lighten the mood.

Now he was just waiting, sitting in his office with the screen on the wall showing an external view of the Cube. Watching. Waiting.

OOC: This is John not me - I'm actually enjoying reading all the away team posts - but poor John knows nothing yet!
Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 6:40 pm

Matt checked to make sure all officers were in place, and then gave the 'go' for their squads to move out. Matt flicked his two fingers together forward, signifying the start of their march. "Stay together, folks," he called. Archenon kept his tricorder active in one hand and his phaser in the other. His sense remained on high as they patrolled the cube's long corridors.

Debris was littered everywhere. Some signs of Borg blood could be seen littered on the bulkhead's walls, and he could tell the more junior Marines were frightened out of their skulls. His Security officer, Ensign Gurton, remained close behind the Commander. A few Drones appeared in their paths of sight but a wary hand from Archenon kept the Marines from anxiously blowing the Borg into a million pieces.

--

Not much progress had been made. The patrol was making steady progress along the halls of the cube, attempting to create a path back to their rendezvous. Their coms were silent so the Commander assumed that all things were well.

When Matt's com badge crackled he had a feeling it was bad news. The voice that emanated from the badge was Lieutenant Cousland's.

"Cousland to Archenon. We're under attack. Two marines are down, unknown host-"

The man's voice was cut off, shaky and afraid. Matt spun on his heels, closing down the tricoder. "Sergeant, locate Cousland's team, over there, now!" Matt took off, sprinting backwards down their reverse path. The Marines kept up with him, only slightly slowed down by their bulky equipment. "Move, move, move!" called a Gunnery Sergeant towards the back, moving the slower members along. Matt heard Gurton's rasping breath escape in and out of his mouth, and he could tell he was struggling to keep up.

After a short while of running at full speed Matt dropped to a jog, and the soldiers mimicked him. It would do them no good to get to Cousland's team and all be exhausted. As Archenon was jogging to the scene it occured to him no transport had come. "Commander Archenon to Invincible, Invincible, respond." No answer. "Invincible, respond!"

The connection had been cut. He didn't know how, but it was done, and he had men under attack. Swears tumbled through his mind at a thousand miles an hour, increasingly anxious as Cousland's second report came in.

"Cousland to anyone. We need some help!"

"Lieutenant, this is Archenon, all teams are inbound to your location. Hold out, man!" Matt picked up his pace, looking down at his tricoder. The meters closed as they neared the team's location. Their lifesigns were all that seemed to be appearing; no enemies could be detected by the scans of the device. Sounds of fighting and weapons fire could be heard from ahead. The crouched crew members of Mr. Cousland's team were hidden behind piles of debris, poking out to fire and then hiding themselves again. Archenon had arrived first to the scene, and his group joined Cousland's, supplementing their fire. Matt sought out the Lieutenant, who appeared battered, and ran over to him, ducking behind positions of cover. He could make out of the dim light a few Marine bodies, two clawed to death and others with gaping wounds to their center mass. The unknown enemies were returning fire with what appeared like small arms, discharging powerful plasma blasts. Luckily the metal from the Borg bulkhead seemed able to withstand the rifle's fire, but only for a time.

Matt reached Cousland soon, ducking behind a fragment of metal. "Lieutenant, status report," he said anxiously. He attempted to make his voice seem gruff, and impassive, but he didn't believe it worked. Matt poked his head out from behind the cover, pumping a few bolts of phaser fire into the approaching enemy. A Marine Corporal, only two meters away in his own cover, pulled his head up over a piece of debris, drilling his rifle straight into their advance, but was shot dead. A plasma bolt straight into his nose had disintegrated his entire head, leaving him a headless corpse.

"Frack, frack, frack. We can't stay here. Where're Somers and Clarke?" The Commander seemed to be talking to himself but he felt the need to speak, just to hear a voice in the darkness. The Commander yet again glanced behind him, looking for the other groups delayed arrivals.

The fire from the Starfleet personnel seemed to slow down the enemies but not stop them completely. No casualties on their side could be made out yet but a lot of things were questionable in the dim light.

A spark of hope rose as one of the four groups arrived as back up.

-- tag Cousland, Somers, Clarke - whoever posts next, Somers or Clarke, can be the next to arrive --
Back to top Go down
Joshua Seetar
Joshua Seetar

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 6:57 pm

Josh thought about his next course of action. The transporter lock needed to be reestablished; that was the key. "Ensign Smith, can you locate the approximate clustering of any of the away team?"

"Yes, sir, approximate. About half of them seem to be close to the left side of the cube."

Josh contemplated this. "I have an idea. Are the weapons of the cube even remotely functional?"

"No, sir. They have no systems besides minimal life support online."

Josh thanked the Ops officer. "Lieutenant Darco, please bring us around, one half impulse, to the left side of the cube. Get as close as you can without damaging either vessel."

(tag Darco)

Seetar felt the ship jump to life and begin moving. The Borg cube neared dangerously close to the Excelsior class but he trusted the skilled Klingon pilot's hands. Soon enough, they were edging against the Borg cube. The proximities were dangerously close. "Lieutenant, report into Delta Command on our situation."

There was a pause. "Sir, we have no communications with any outside vessels. We're being jammed, but nothing is in our vicinity... that I can pick up."

"What is going on?!," Josh burst out, frustrated. "Examine the cube and check for any sources of jamming. Divert power from the engines to the senors, bring us to full stop at this position. I'd like any ideas we can come up with to get them out of there."

One flashed into Josh's mind. It was... crazy, but it just might work. "Lieutenant, are the away team members far enough away from the actual outer edge of the cube that any damage done would not hurt them?"

"It might shake them up, sir, but no, it shouldn't cause any fatalities. I think I know what you're thinking."

Josh nodded at the Ops officer. He turned to the Tactical officer on duty. "Ensign, can you extend our shields over a small portion of the cube to avoid loss of oxygen for a time?"

The Ensign's face wrinkled, thinking. "Yes, I could do it, sir."

"Good man." Josh stopped. "Mr. Darco, can I speak to you, privately, please?" He motioned the Klingon over to him, pulling him to a corner. "This is my plan. I'd like you, personally, to lead a team of our three resident runabouts in the evacuation of the away team. Something has obviously gone wrong, so I'm going to assign Lieutenant Waterhouse to one group with a medical team. The most injured crew will be lifted on that runabout, preferably piloted by you as you're my best pilot. The other two will rapidly extract the away team as fast as possible. The Invincible will cut a hole in the side of the cube and extend it's shields over the area, allowing, for a while, the containment of the area. It is up to you to get this done, Darco, and I have the fullest of confidence in you."

(tag Darco)

Josh clapped the massive pilot on the shoulder. "Make it so, Lieutenant." Josh watched as the flight controller left, headed for the shuttle bays. "Lieutenant Seetar to Lieutenant Waterhouse. Prepare a staff of yourself and three others for emergency medical services and report to hangar bay one. You're going to be heading over with our runabout squadron and be performing medical services to the incoming away team. Your runabout will ferry the injured casualties. Good luck, Doc."

(tag John)

"Alright, Lieutenant. Let's get these men back safe."

His plan set in motion Josh walked back to the Captain's Chair, sitting down heavily and with a sigh of relief. If everything worked out as planned, he hoped the men and women of the Invincible would be reunited safely.

But there was always the chance for things to go wrong.
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:26 pm

John jumped slightly as the image on the screen moved, his first thought was that the Cube had come back to life but he rapidly realised that Invincible was manoeuvring closer. Just as he began to settle back into his seat the comm system burst to life.

=/\= Lieutenant Seetar to Lieutenant Waterhouse. Prepare a staff of yourself and three others for emergency medical services and report to hangar bay one. You're going to be heading over with our runabout squadron and be performing medical services to the incoming away team. Your runabout will ferry the injured casualties. Good luck, Doc. =/\=

=/\= Waterhouse to Seetar, Acknowledged and on my way. =/\=

Leaping up as he spoke John rushed into sickbay. "Dr Monroe I'm going across to the Cube, you're in charge. Dallen you and err T'lan and Harris come with me bring away team kits and 'coders." As he spoke John was collecting a medical field kit from the rack and he clipped a tricoder to his belt as the others gathered themselves.

"Laddie, you be careful o're there" Monroe looked concerned for his chief. "Also y'd best be take'n this." Unnoticed by Waterhouse during his own preparations the older man had opened the phaser locker by the sickbay door and now proffered hand phasers to the medics. Hastily John pushed one onto the other side of his belt and ensuring the other three members of his medical team did the same lead the way from sickbay. "Stand ready to receive casualties" he called over his shoulder. "Aye, here's tae hope it's not yoursels." Monroe muttered under his breath as he surveyed the remaining staff.

A brief turbolift ride later the group of nervous medics rushed into the side door of hanger bay one. A trio of runabouts was sitting in the centre of the bay, running lights already on and flight deck crew in work suits fussing around them. "Mr Darco?" John called searching for the Klingon pilot who was to command the mission.

((Tag Darco))
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:31 pm

"Lieutenant, status report," Matt said anxiously.

Jeffery was a little paralyzed by the sudden appearance of Archenon, but quickly answered his query,"Two are dead for sure, one more wounded."

He gestured off towards the marine that was leaned up in a sitting position against some debris about a meter away from them. Still clutching his chest where it looked like some blood was still seeping out.

He then heard Archenon mumble something, but couldn't make it out over the thunder of weapons fire now being exchanged by both parties. Behind him though, he could make out the wheezing of Gurton.

"Sir!" he yelled out, gripping his own phaser.

"Well don't just sit there, shoot something!" Jeffery snapped as he fired his phaser yet again.

((Tag Somers, Archenon, Clarke))
Back to top Go down
Darco
Darco

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 5:58 am

Josh thanked the Ops officer. "Lieutenant Darco, please bring us around, one half impulse, to the left side of the cube. Get as close as you can without damaging either vessel."

Darco worked his controls like an expert, he disabled the proximity warnings of the vessel and moved the ship into a new orientation, rotating the ship around its x axis he moved so the ships bridge and warp nacelles were within 50 feet of the surface of the borg ship.

"Good man." Josh stopped. "Mr. Darco, can I speak to you, privately, please?" He motioned the Klingon over to him, pulling him to a corner. "This is my plan. I'd like you, personally, to lead a team of our three resident runabouts in the evacuation of the away team. Something has obviously gone wrong, so I'm going to assign Lieutenant Waterhouse to one group with a medical team. The most injured crew will be lifted on that runabout, preferably piloted by you as you're my best pilot. The other two will rapidly extract the away team as fast as possible. The Invincible will cut a hole in the side of the cube and extend it's shields over the area, allowing, for a while, the containment of the area. It is up to you to get this done, Darco, and I have the fullest of confidence in you."

"Aye sir!" Darco said in his deep voice, a grin filling his face and a look in his eyes of almost glee. He looked at Lt. Waterhouse and made a standard Klingon salute of success. Looking back at Seetar he said, "Qapla'!" with vigor.

A brief turbolift ride later the group of nervous medics rushed into the side door of hanger bay one. A trio of runabouts was sitting in the centre of the bay, running lights already on and flight deck crew in work suits fussing around them. "Mr Darco?" John called searching for the Klingon pilot who was to command the mission.

Darco was there heading toward the turbolift from the runabout, he'd taken a different lift directly from the bridge and everything was ready. It was amazing, Darco was in body armor, had a bandoleer with a phaser, knife, and three grenades. In his right hand was a Bat'leth.

"Alright, load up, we leave as soon as we are all in. I expect each of you to have a side arm energy and a survival knife. If we get boarded, which is possible these ARE the BORG we are going against here, we should be prepared. Slice through a few of those cybernetic tubes and if it doesn't stop them, it will slow them down."

He looked at the other pilots addressing them, "I don't expect you to be able to use a sword, but you should be armed, you will be the last line of defense. Keep in close formation we are close enough to throw a knife at the borg from here. Stay on your toes. Things could get dicey and then go really bad, really quick."

He again saluted them with a Klingon battle salute "Lets go...Qapla'!"

Everyone moved to their ships and got set up, assuming the medical team was following he got in, put the bat'leth in range to be easily grabbed and wielded he signaled the bridge he was ready to depart.
Back to top Go down
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 4:19 pm

Major Jasmine Somers
Marine CO
Borg Cube

Jasmine looked behind her as the CO and his Security detail beamed in.

"Major, report," he asked the Marine CO.

Jasmine checked the corridor, front and back were dead ends, but left and right were still clear. "Left and Right corridors clear for 500 yards Captain. My men saw no hostile species" She said then tipped her head to one side "Not accounting for the three Borg we encountered upon arrival and on the recon, all now have neat little holes in their heads and" She paused, then looked at Archenon "they Captain are quite dead. But beyond the 500 yards left and right, we are clear Sir" she said.

Matt nodded, analyzing and taking in the events."I'm confident that as long as we stay with each other and within range of the Invincible's transporters we'll be safe. Recall your teams; we'll split up into four groups and fan out. Myself, Commander Clarke, Major Somers, and Lieutenant Cousland will split the Marines into platoons and we'll fan out. I'd like to find the perpetrator of this damage, but by no means are you to engage them. I'll be very upset if I have casualties reported from carelessness. I trust you all understand." He paused. "You have your orders. Commander Clarke, Major Somers, Lieutenant Cousland, I'd like to speak with you for a moment."

Somers just nodded and moved closer to Archenon.

He pulled the four officers to the side, some of the most important in the mission. "I will be honest with you all; these enemies we are scouting for are dangerous. They are more powerful than the Borg, and you must all be very wary of the situation at hand. I do not need to convey the gravity of my order to not engage these enemies; at the first sight you will radio the Invincible for emergency extraction for the entire team. Shots are not to be fired unless absolutely nessecary." Matt looked each man, and woman, in the eyes, and then nodded, a heavy nod, at the senior staff. He walked over to one of the four groups assembled and prepared along with the rest to move out.

"Understood Captain, do not fire, unless fired upon, got it" She said with a smile.

As they all moved out Somers team had advanced down another corridor, when she heard gunshots from the Captain's Direction.

"Frack, frack, frack. We can't stay here. Where're Somers and Clarke?" The Commander seemed to be talking to himself but he felt the need to speak, just to hear a voice in the darkness. The Commander yet again glanced behind him, looking for the other groups delayed arrivals.

As Somers and her team closed in she saw the enemy being slowed down by the fire but not stopped, just then the other team arrived behind them. She rushed to where the defenders are.

"Flash grenade going in" she said "cover your eyes" She added as she activated the flash grenade andf threw it. A few seconds later it went off with a bright flash, recovering quickly. "Everyone aim for their heads, Marines protect the Captain" she said as she and the seven Marines formed a wall infront of the rest and began firing their TR-116 Rifles.

"Cover me, reloading" a Marine said, a moment later they were firing again, during this she diverted as much attention as she could to Archenon.

"Captain, whats the status on those transports? We have a limited amount of ammunition, we need that beam out" She said, referring to the Transporters, or lack thereof.

tag Clarke, Archenon, Away Team

(( ADMIN EDITED -- AWAY TEAM HAS NOT IDENTIFIED SPECIES 8472 ))
Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 7:22 pm

Matt listened intently to Cousland, nervously firing away at the enemy. A spark of courage, and maybe a little recklessness surged through him. "Cover me!" Matt called loudly, setting his phaser to beam and laying down a steady stream of fire. He could feel the scorching return of fire from the two sides shoot back and forth, sizzling the hair on the back of his stooped over neck. Matt dodged a plasma bolt that was a little too close for comfort as he jockeyed between cover, making his way nearer and nearer to the enemy position.

To his horror he saw one advance towards him, a claw outstretched. Matt raised his phaser, aiming straight for what seemed like the face. He burrow the beam of pure phaser energy, set at it's highest vaporize, straight through what resembled a human eye. The being's head mass exploded, covering Matt's dirtied uniform with purple guts. Matt wiped some of the brain mass from near his eye and then stooped over the body, trusting the Marines to hold the swarm off.

He examined the body as thoroughly as he could, making out what seemed like a faint resemblance to a humanoid body but with vicious, clawed hands and other strange appendages. Matt racked his brain for any species it resembled but could not recall any.

Matt's heart skipped a beat in horror as he raised his head to see one of the monster's brothers standing over him, a claw raised and about to come down. The Commander braced himself, ready to die on his first mission as a Commanding Officer.

This didn't seem to be fate's plan. Out of no where Gurton was there leaping over Archenon into the full force of the beast's attack. He was impaled, the claw emerging from his chest. Gurton let out a heaving sigh, but Matt could almost make out a smile on his face as the Security Officer let out a final sigh. Matt choked back a sob and stepped out from under the enraged beast, letting loose with his phaser. The monster remained only a mere two meters from the human but the Marines concentrated fire brought him down. Matt turned on his heel and sprinted back to Cousland's position with the Marines.

As Matt returned to the relative safety of their clustered position Archenon was relieved to see Major Somers' team join the fray. One of her Marines tossed a flash bang into the fray, stunning the enemy for but a moment. Somers joined the Commander and Lieutenant in their emplacement.

"Captain, whats the status on those transports? We have a limited amount of ammunition, we need that beam out" She said, referring to the Transporters, or lack thereof.

"I'm not sure, Major," he said, avidly returning fire. "We have no comms with them so I assume they lost their transporter locks on us. All I can be sure of is Seetar is trying to get us out of here." The battle raged on, but it was clearly visible that the enemy was advancing. As their ammo supplies depleted Matt's worry grew along with the seconds that passed.
Back to top Go down
Darco
Darco

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 10:06 pm

Darco left the bay first... Followed by the two other runabouts, fully loaded, fully geared... He got on the COM and said, "Alright, taking the lead, formation Zeta One, Two, Niner." He knew they would follow his instructions, the ship was dangerously close to the cube, so close that if needed they could use the warp engines as subspace disruptors... He hoped it wasn't needed...

He opened a link to the Invincible, "Moving into position... Get that hole made! We need to get eyes into the infrastructure. If things went bad, they are going to start running out of ammo soon. I may loose COM, I'm going to penetrate their subspace field, see if I can get COM with our away team."

Darco increased speed and led his squad of three under the subspace field barrier, so close they could practically land on the surface of the cube.

"Darco to Archenon... Darco to Archenon or Somers... Come in please..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next