USS Invincible -- Bravo Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the USS Invincible, a newly commissioned Excelsior class refit under the command of Captain Matthew Archenon. The Invincible is a detachment of Bravo Fleet's Task Force 38. This is it's official forum for role-playing and socializing.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper

Go down 
+3
Jeffery Cousland
SClarke
Matthew Archenon
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Major Somers
Marine CO
Bridge

Jasmine nodded, acknowledging the Klingon's discreet thanks "I will take the Tactical Station" she said and walked over to the station and sat down.

The Excelsior Class Bridge was a different setup to that of the previous ships she had served on, the Tactical Station was at the back of the Bridge against the wall.

Jasmine polled all duty stations, then turned to Darco

"All areas report no losses and no strange anomolies elsewhere on the ship Captain, all report ready" She said looking at Darco, making sure he knew that she had accepted him taking Tempoary Command.

Tag: Darco
Back to top Go down
http://z8.invisionfree.com/MySiggyForum/index.php
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 6:21 pm

OOC isn't Mr Cousland actually our Tactical officer so Somers taking the station seems ... redundant?

USS Invincible
Main Bridge
----------

The turbolift doors swished open to reveal the bridge of the Invincible, John stepped out just as Somers walked to the tactical station. Everyone looked shocked.

"So what's going on then? People are shouting and I can't find the Captain you clearly can't find the XO and I have a sick marine who needs us to get to a starbase hospital." Walking over to the bridge rail John fixed Darco with a stare. "What's the plan? Has anybody told Josh?"

Tag Darco

John was for some reason completely unafraid, the runabout, the medical crisis, the borg were all in the past now his mind fixed on new problems. This more forceful side of his personality tended to come out when he could actually effect a situation and here unlike the combat and runabout ride John was on firmer ground. "I guess I'm the closest thing you have to a science officer since we don't seem to have taken on a science department before leaving! I transferred to Medical track during the academy but I have some skills." With this he moved to the Sciences 2 station at the rear of the bridge and began to run in-depth scans on the bridge in all available spectra looking for some residual data on the portal.

Back to top Go down
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 12:34 am

OOC1: Not much, just want to Acknowledge that Somers noted Waterhouse entering. Also Mr. Waterhouse, I was going with the flow, I think Cousland might be a little busy in RL, plus there is also a spare station/Auxillary on the bridge of an Excelsior class. Also before Somers became a Major she was a Lt. Cmdr Chief Tactical Officer on her last ship, plus she is helping out in this time of chaos. I figure with the Captain Missing and XO missing, Cousland would likley become Acting XO, now he cannot do that and do Tactical. This is ONLY Tempoary, Somers being on the bridge like this, just play along with it. Also I am keeping the SIM moving by taking part in it.
IC

Major Somers
Marine CO
Tactical Station - Bridge

Jasmine looked up and saw Waterhouse enter then returned to her task, using every trick she knew to fine tune the Tactical Sensors.

Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 1:17 am

OOC I wasn't aware that our "giving two days to post" ruling had been suspended in this case. Also I misunderstood Somers to be "Taking the Tactical Station" as taking the main station not the auxiliary. I apologise for failing to keep my own posting rate high enough to qualify as taking part.

Main Bridge
USS Invincible
---

John waved once to Jasmine as he waited for the Science station to run it's first batch of tests.
Back to top Go down
Darco
Chief Flight Control Officer
Darco

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 5:12 am

"All areas report no losses and no strange anomolies elsewhere on the ship Captain, all report ready" She said looking at Darco, making sure he knew that she had accepted him taking Tempoary Command.

Darco sat in the command chair as Jasmine went to Tactical and he knew that Cousland would take up the XO position. Waterhouse entered the bridge and he nodded at the man...

"So what's going on then? People are shouting and I can't find the Captain you clearly can't find the XO and I have a sick marine who needs us to get to a starbase hospital." Walking over to the bridge rail John fixed Darco with a stare. "What's the plan? Has anybody told Josh?"

"Somers, find the XO, I don't care how. Send a message to Starfleet command informing them of our current situation." He turned to Waterhouse, "How long can you keep your patient stable without getting to a Starbase and how long will it take for us to get there at maximum warp?"

He paused for a moment to let the doctor answer, "Bridge to Engineering... What is your status down there?"

He looked around at the crew... Technically Seetar was the next in line for command rank-wise but the man should probably stay in engineering. He wouldn't put up a fight, it wasn't time for that. That is why he wanted to contact Starfleet, this was not a time for indecision about who was in command and if the XO could not be found the crew needed to know who was in command, for certain.

"Mr. Cousland, anything at all on what direction the portal which penetrated our shields came from, anything at all? We need a direction, I don't like just sitting here. Hell, scan the cube as well, see if perhaps he is over there."
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/titanshadow
Joshua Seetar
Chief Engineering Officer
Joshua Seetar

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 3:25 pm

"Engineering here. I've heard word of the Captain's absence and I am inbound to the bridge. My Assistant Chief is capable of holding down the fort and it's my duty to take command." Seetar left Engineering in a hurry, arriving to the bridge as fast as he could. He saw Somers at the Tactical station, and Waterhouse, Cousland, and Darco gathered around the Captain's chair.

A communications crewman peeked his head above his station to the officers gathered. "Comms appear to be jammed. While we can technically 'scan' we're not picking up anything. Even the cube itself is a vague pattern."

Josh nodded to the crewman. "Where is the XO? Do we have any idea where Clarke is?" Seetar took the blank faces as a no. "Computer, locate Commander Clarke."

The computer's voice that followed seemed grimmer than usual. "Sarah Clarke is not onboard the Invincible."

Josh sighed, the realization of his task coming down on him. "Mr. Darco, I'll take command in absence of any other senior officers. It would appear that Commander Clarke has also been... abducted. Mr. Darco, I'm appointing you my acting executive officer until a time such as we both can step down."

Josh walked over to stand in front of the chair, running a hand through his hair. "The key here is the sensors. Obviously we're missing something." Seetar went through on the Captain's display seated on his right arm, checking for active systems. "What are our options, guys? Any ideas?"

In the back of Seetar's mind a plan took shape, but he would let the senior staff talk to see if they had any other ones that might be less... risky.
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:41 pm

OOC: I do get a little busy from time to time. And I am the chief Tactical/Security Officer and intend to continue both.

IC:

"Mr. Cousland, anything at all on what direction the portal which penetrated our shields came from, anything at all? We need a direction, I don't like just sitting here. Hell, scan the cube as well, see if perhaps he is over there."

Before Jeffery had a chance to respond, Seetar's voice came over the comms,=/\="Engineering here. I've heard word of the Captain's absence and I am inbound to the bridge. My Assistant Chief is capable of holding down the fort and it's my duty to take command."=/\=

Jeffery silently returned to his station, starting a security sweep of the ship without prompt,"All section leads, we have a situation. An abduction has just taken place on the bridge. Be on alert."

Jeffery looked over at Somers,"Your marines too busy to assist?"

((Tag Somers))

He received acknowledgements from all over the board, indicating his orders were being carried out. At that moment, Seetar came onto the bridge.

"Mr. Darco, I'll take command in absence of any other senior officers. It would appear that Commander Clarke has also been... abducted. Mr. Darco, I'm appointing you my acting executive officer until a time such as we both can step down."

Josh walked over to stand in front of the chair, running a hand through his hair. "The key here is the sensors. Obviously we're missing something." Seetar went through on the Captain's display seated on his right arm, checking for active systems. "What are our options, guys? Any ideas?"

Jeffery stood up a little straighter at the solicitation. There wasn't much to really go on, nor was he an expert in transporter mechanics. If anything, it looked as if it was some sort of portal that had just grabbed Archenon and yanked him through. At least that's what it had looked like.

"We could start with a subspace ionization trace. I don't know if that was actually a transporter or not, but it's the best place to start."

((Tag Seetar))
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 12:13 am

Bridge
USS Invincible
----------------

"How long can you keep your patient stable without getting to a Starbase and how long will it take for us to get there at maximum warp?" John registered the Klingon's question as Lt Seetar entered the bridge and assumed command. John turned from one to the other before aiming his reply at both, "Monroe is running a deep tissue scan right now to get me more details but it's my opinion that he will continue to deteriorate, I'd give him 5 hours before he goes into a coma and probably only a couple of hours after that till death, understand that this is with all of our support to his organs and filtering his blood, this thing would have killed him by now if left alone. I can't do anything more here. He needs multiple organ replacement and only a base hospital is really equipped to do that." glancing at the faces of the two officers he continued his rant in Darco's direction "as to the distance to the starbase are you not the pilot? How in the heck should I know, I'm a doctor not a navigational buoy." Mr Seetar appeared to have lost interest in the doctor's diatribe by this point and moved to the centre seat.

(Tag Darco - if you like!)

"The key here is the sensors. Obviously we're missing something. What are our options, guys? Any ideas?"
"We could start with a subspace ionization trace. I don't know if that was actually a transporter or not, but it's the best place to start."
John listened to the security man's suggestion about transporter traces but keeping in mind what had been said about sensor effectivness... 'Time to make a fool of yourself Johnnyboy' he muttered under his breath. Speaking up and addressing Josh "Sir, if our sensors are at fault perhaps we are in some form of dampening field? Perhaps a probe or shuttle might have better luck scanning for the Captain or his abductors? Like needing an imaging probe to look behind the bone you're mending"

(Tag Josh,Bridge)

OOC - the yellow is a little garish so you get to be brown/salmon Jeff
Back to top Go down
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 1:31 am

Major Jasmine Somers
Marine CO
USS Invincible - Bridge

Jasmine looked up and at Cousland, as he looked over to her.

Your marines too busy to assist?"

"My Marines are already assisting with a shipwide search, just as I am using my full Bridge training to assist here Lieutenant" She said. "But should an away mission be granted I would like to take a unit of Marines" She added.

Tag: Cousland

"Why, without Ships Security, you ask?" She responded then paused as she quickly thought "Simple Lieutenant, you are ships Security Chief, you know this ship better than any Marine, Plus I think you just became the Acting Second Officer and My Marines are better trained for external hostile environments, Ships Security is not" She said as she remembered the reports she had read on the Marine uinits duties in the past. "But lets see what Lieutenant Seetar does and says first" She finished with a friendly smile.

Tag: Cousland
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 9:13 pm

"My Marines are already assisting with a shipwide search, just as I am using my full Bridge training to assist here Lieutenant" She said. "But should an away mission be granted I would like to take a unit of Marines" She added.

"What, without security?" he quickly asked.

"Why, without Ships Security, you ask?" She responded then paused as she quickly thought "Simple Lieutenant, you are ships Security Chief, you know this ship better than any Marine, Plus I think you just became the Acting Second Officer and My Marines are better trained for external hostile environments, Ships Security is not" She said as she remembered the reports she had read on the Marine uinits duties in the past. "But lets see what Lieutenant Seetar does and says first" She finished with a friendly smile.

His board began lighting up with status checks from the security teams around the ship, one by one indicating their section was clear and that no situations had arisen during their checks. That made the abductions localized as opposed to being some sort of broad targeting across the ship, which meant that the captain and the executive officer were the intended targets.

Fitzroy then came onto the bridge, striding over to Cousland,"You called for me, sir?"

"That I did." he motioned over at Somers,"Take over that console and keep an eye on the security teams throughout the ship."

((Tag Somers))

"Major, please clear the station. If I need more help here, I'll be sure to let you know." Jeffery said.

Back to top Go down
Darco
Darco

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 12:43 am

In the back of Seetar's mind a plan took shape, but he would let the senior staff talk to see if they had any other ones that might be less... risky.

Daro nodded, honestly glad to not be in command but still be high enough to contribute to the situation. He was about to give a suggestion but Waterhouse was ranting at him. There the man found his passion... He had some of the burning blood of a Klingon in him after all. Darco smiled warmly...

Darco's direction "as to the distance to the starbase are you not the pilot? How in the heck should I know, I'm a doctor not a navigational buoy." Mr Seetar appeared to have lost interest in the doctor's diatribe by this point and moved to the centre seat.

Darco answered calmly, "Mr. Waterhouse I do not possess the entirety of the Federation database in my brain, nor do I know what he needs. What kind of facility does the man need?" He moved to one of the wall consoles and pulled up a star map, "Ahha... There is a medical ship only 1 days distant. If that would do, I would suggest we contact them."

Looking at Seetar, "Without information on where to go, I'm not sure what our options are, it would appear we are being jammed... I suggest we do as suggested, send out a series of probes, define both readings outside whatever jamming we have here and potentially what is causing the jamming. Aside from the Captain, we should get our warrior we know where is some medical attention."
Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 3:04 am

The cell was cold, and dark. Matt shivered, his wounded leg aching in pain. A frosty draft swirled through what appeared like a prison cell.

Matt sat, hunched against the corner of the dank stone (or stone like material). Unaware of his surroundings the Commander logged as much detail as he could of the place. It could become very valuable later on.

Someone was in the cell with him. It appeared the person had arrived around the same time as him, but he could make out no sounds from the being. He assumed it might be another member of the Invincible's crew. Matt strained to talk, but for some reason was unable to vocalize his thoughts. Not even a grunt was emitted, so Matt stopped trying and slumped backwards, attempting to regain his strength.
Back to top Go down
https://invincible.canadian-forum.com
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 3:20 pm

OOC: Please remember that ALL reactions and attitude in the RPG is In Character only, Somers is carrying a lot of emotional baggage, nothing that interferes with her job, but sometimes slips out of her mouth in ill thought words. I got nothing against any Simmer here, all reactions are IC.

IC

Major Jasmine Somers
Marine CO
Bridge

Somers had just finished her checks, when Cousland spoke.

"Major, please clear the station. If I need more help here, I'll be sure to let you know." Cousland said.

Giving Cousland a cold hard stare, that needed no translation in its fury behind it, she gets up and lets Fitzroy replace her. Regardless of her feelings she knew her duty. "As you wish Lieutenant Cousland, surprised you do not want a former Chief Tactical Officer helping on the bridge. But hey each to their own" She coldly said and stepped away. Turning away from Cousland and ignoring him totally, partly because he had a job to do and partly due to her hating him at this moment in time.

Turning to to face Lieutenant Seetar, Cousland forgotten, "Excuse me Lieutenant Seetar, may I have a word with you in private?" She asked the acting CO.

Tag: Seetar
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 2:28 am

USS Invincible
Bridge
Just before Somers asks for a private meeting with Seetar.
----------
Listening to Darco's calm reply made the Doctor think more about their conversation in the Runabout, reluctantly he had to admit the Klingon was growing on him. As he took in the information he could also hear a sharp debate taking place behind them between Somers and Cousland.

"Ahha... There is a medical ship only 1 days distant. If that would do, I would suggest we contact them." "Mr Darco, that is a perfectly sound suggestion." John flashed a smile at the helmsman and turned towards Lt Seetar who was considering the suggestions being made to him from his position in the Captain's chair.

The Engineering chief was being bombarded from all sides with requests and suggestions. Darco relayed John's comment about probes and then asked about the medical ship, Somers for a private meeting and Cousland suggested a method of testing the theory the Captain had been kidnapped by transporter. Glad he didn't have to make the choices that might condemn or save their Captain John leaned back on the bridge railing and waited for orders.

TAG Seetar

OCC: Hope I'm not misrepresenting anyone but I was trying to get some sort of order into when things were happening, there seemed to be several overlapping conversations going on.
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 2:32 am

**BACK POST**
JP by Darco and Waterhouse

ON:

Runabout Flight Deck
During the return flight
Approx 20 Minutes Ago
----------

"Doctor... Every life is precious, those of us with fire and battle in their blood feel just as passionately for every life, and when we get back to the ship, we shall warn the afterlife that warriors are on their way to the afterlife and to beware their honor and bravery. It is easy to mistake fervor in battle for a lack of respect for life... The only way to honor the death of comrades in battle is to be victors, to survive, to bring their deaths honor in the battle of life."

He turned back to his console and said final words... "Life and death... You can't stop people from dieing but you can hope for honor in life to bring meaning to the death of those ones you are closest to."

The human doctor dropped wearily into the seat next to him, "These men didn't die for a glorious or worthy cause, they died in the ambush of a scouting mission. I fail to see the glory or honour in being cut down because we didn't see it coming." He glanced around aware that his words were close to insulting, his insecurities returning. Seeking a genuine answer he continued, "Not to say that we could have known; but it's so pointless, and yet you seem to revel in this dicing with death."

Darco smiled a bit... The doctor had an entirely human point, they never did (and likely never would) see death the same way he and his people did.

"You are right, it is pointless... Pointless to scout for no reason... Pointless to die for no reason... Glory isn't in the task at hand, even a warrior sent on a mission of evil can die a warriors death, especially if they were just doing their duty..."

Darco paused for a moment to compose himself. As he did so Waterhouse ran his hand through his hair, 'just doing their duty.' he mused

"Say I send you into battle for a bad cause, say you die and there was no call for it. You can still die with honor, you can still die with glory. If you fight honorably, if you earn glory by going above and beyond your duty in the battle. You may die with honor and glory but the fact that you are dead for a useless cause dishonors me. Because I sent you when no one needed to die that day." continued Darco.

He paused again before making his point, "They were cut down but they fought for each other, they defended each other. We bring them honor by serving in their stead in the future, by remembering their honor in hopes that the next time people are sent into danger we don't allow the same mistake to happen again. You brought honor to their death by saving as many as you could. I brought honor to their death by flying in so you could save as many as you could. You see... Honor and glory are not about the end of life, the destination all of our hearts are bound to reach some day. Honor and glory are about the journey we take there. For some of our noble comrades, they reached their destination today. That cannot be changed, we can only react by bringing honor to their memories and honoring their sacrifice by making their deaths mean something for us."

There was a brief silence, John reflected on the Klingon's words. "Perhaps I don't see an 'honouring of sacrifice' in the enjoyment of battle. I think I have always assumed battle, combat and violent death to be a sober and serious affair much like fighting a disease; I find the joy and pleasure which you ...warrior types... take in battle to be strange and jarring. It seems to be a need to test yourselves and to prove that you are greater and stronger than the next man. I would find nothing wrong in celebrating our own survival and in honouring the memories of those who have fallen, but your way seems tied to proving how tough and strong you all are; dying is dying and I accept that Marines and Warriors will die in battle but I think we should be respectful of that loss of life without needing to prove our own 'fire' and fetishising of combat, men who die well are still dead."

---------------------------
OFF:

I forgot about this JP but I couldn't let it die - I like the explanation of honour by Darco too much - Also I mean it's not like we are doing much or anything... what's that missing Capitan you say? Huh?
Back to top Go down
Joshua Seetar
Joshua Seetar

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 2:51 am

Josh felt slightly bombarded by the senior staff's suggestions and questions, but he took them in as best as he could and contemplated to himself on the best course of action. He held up his hand. "Hold up, folks..." he said, attempting to mask his slight irritation.

The ideas were all valid ones, but there best options had to be discerned to get the Captain back as fast as possible and return to Federation space. "Our biggest priorities are the sensors and the engines. We need the Captain back and we need to be back in Federation territory..." He turned to Darco, starting at one side of the circle of crew. "A probe is our best idea. Have one prepared, Lieutenant." Somers was next, asking for a conference with him. She looked obviously peeved, and Seetar dreaded what the topic of their conversation would be. "Yes, Major, one moment."

Josh caught the last of the conversation between Waterhouse and Darco as well. "A medical ship... not a bad idea." Josh put the puzzle pieces together. What to do, what to do... Command training hadn't prepared the 2XO for this job, and he didn't want to frustrate anyone.

Seetar stood abruptly, his face set in a determined manner. "Mr. Darco, get a short range probe dispatched to see what we can find our vicinity. I'd like you to monitor it's flight and report back to me after it's scheduled run. Also, check up the last known coordinates of that medical ship and extrapolate on it's current position. Then, dispatch a long range probe to it with a distress call."

(Tag Darco)

Josh turned to Waterhouse. "Treat your patients as best as you can. I know our supplies are limited, but honestly your skills are best needed in the Medical bays. Improvise as best you can; I'm sure your epidemic is a... tricky one, but handle it as best as you can. We're counting on you to preserve our men, Waterhouse." The pained look on the Lieutenant's face portrayed his anguish at giving the man the hard improvisations he'd need to come up with.

(Tag Waterhouse)

Josh stood. "You have your orders. Get to work." The two officers dispatched Josh turned to Cousland, manning the Tactical station. The man had a staunch look on his face, and Seetar appreciated the stolid officer. "Lieutenant, you have the bridge."

(Tag Cousland)

Josh motioned Somers over to the alcove by the Captain's Ready Room. The 2XO didn't feel right about using the CO's personal quarters so he remained outside, but far enough out of the hearing range of the bridge crew. "What's troubling you, Major?"

(Tag Somers)
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 6:30 am

Josh stood. "You have your orders. Get to work." The two officers dispatched Josh turned to Cousland, manning the Tactical station. The man had a staunch look on his face, and Seetar appreciated the stolid officer. "Lieutenant, you have the bridge."

Jeffery was taken by surprise and felt a surge of adrenaline, but quickly crammed the feeling back down the hole it came from. Wasn't as if he was now in full command of the ship, just minding it for a moment or two.

"Aye, sir." Jeffery complied.

He gestured at Fitzroy to take his main station. Jeffery himself stepped out from around tactical, taking the few steps towards the center seat. He abstained from taking a seat though, instead choosing to stand with an arm resting on the head of the chair, his other behind his back.

Back to top Go down
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 11:53 am

Major Jasmine Somers
Marine CO
Bridge

Josh motioned Somers over to the alcove by the Captain's Ready Room. The 2XO didn't feel right about using the CO's personal quarters so he remained outside, but far enough out of the hearing range of the bridge crew. "What's troubling you, Major?"

"I was wondering Lieutenant, that should a mission to go get the Captain be given the green light, I want that task, you need all Security personnel and the Security Chief here. Plus we marines feel a little redundant at the moment, so I ask, if the mission to go get the Captain is given I will take a squad to go get the Captain as the Marines are better trained for unknown situations" She said and waited for Seetar's response.

(Tag: Seetar)

Thinking a little then looking directly at Seetar "Also as you is an engineer, I have an idea, could the ships shields be altered slightly to use a Modulated frequency to disrupt and scans or anomalies? I was thinking that it might help with stopping any further attempts and crew losses, should the energy reappear. Could it be done?" She asked.

(Tag: Seetar)

Last edited by Somers on Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 2:57 pm

Bridge
USS Invincible
----------------

We're counting on you to preserve our men, Waterhouse.

"Aye Sir"

Josh stood. "You have your orders. Get to work."

John nodded and walked off the bridge, his mind already racing, with no guarantee that the medical vessel would even receive their message in time he would need to use all his skills to preserve the life of the young marine corporal.

Main Sickbay
USS Invincible
2 minutes later
-----------------

"Mr Monroe, report" Waterhouse stripped off his soiled uniform jacket and pulled on a new set of scrubs, in the ten minutes or so that he'd been away the staff had moved the sedated man from a normal examination bed to the ICU unit next door. "Lad, what did the Captain say?" Monroe had a PADD in his hands and looked older, the worry lines creasing his face.

"The Captain is missing, not our concern, Mr Seetar has things under control." John was badly shaken up inside, this was not normal, things were happening too fast, he needed time to consider and think things through. However the dying marine couldn't wait and his medical training kept a lid on his personal misgivings. The clinical statement of the Captain's absence caught Monroe off guard, "Laddie, How's he gone missing? EH?" Dallen and two other nurses nearby also turned towards the CMO in shock as he brushed off Monroe's concerns and approached the patient. "Mr Monroe, that PADD is your report on the samples?" John tugged it out of the unresisting hand of his number two. "Tissue damage seems light but what ever this is it continues to attack the core organs by preference." muttered John reading the PADD.

He looked across the faces of the medics gathered about the bed. "We are going to save this man," a pause as he let it sink in "It wouldn't be honourable to let him die. Mr Monroe, start replicating and preparing a complete set of replacement organs, start with the heart. We may need to actually physically replace the damaged tissues with mechanical versions. Ms Dallen, replicate me 6 litres of blood for this man and get ready to assist in the surgery. Nurse Carmial I'll need him anaesthetized and this area set up as a sterile environment."

If Dr Waterhouse had told his medical staff they were going to set fire to the room he probably wouldn't have caused as much shock. Open heart surgery was a procedure that had almost died out entirely with advances in micro cellular repair and drug therapies. "Lad, I've n'er done anything like that, and you hav'nae either I'll be betting." Monroe looked stunned. "I've done a lot of things in some very low tech environments during disasters Doctor, please don't assume, now move" retorted John. Monroe looked slightly steadier and rushed to the ICU terminal to begin replication of the needed supplies. John focused on the man on the bed, his face invisible to the others. Never in his life had he performed anything like what they were about to attempt, but it was probably better that Tam didn't know that. He breathed deeply to calm himself as he listened to Carmial instructing the computer in the arrangement of the surgical fields.
Back to top Go down
Joshua Seetar
Joshua Seetar

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 11:40 pm

Josh listened in silence as Somers talked.

"I was wondering Lieutenant, that should a mission to go get the Captain be given the green light, I want that task, you need all Security personnel and the Security Chief here. Plus we marines feel a little redundant at the moment, so I ask, if the mission to go get the Captain is given I will take a squad to go get the Captain as the Marines are better trained for unknown situations"

Seetar nodded to the Major. He could tell she was itching for action, and he regretted not having much better to give her at this moment. "Yes, Major. If it comes to a manual boarding if we can even locate our enemy you will lead the boarding party." He could she was not finished so he let her continue.

"Also as you is an engineer, I have an idea, could the ships shields be altered slightly to use a Modulated frequency to disrupt and scans or anomolies? I was thinking that it might help with stopping any further attempts and crew losses, should the energy reappear. Could it be done?"

Josh refrained at a chuckle from her loose use of the English language. "Yes, I think it could be done..." Josh pondered the idea. "Scrambling the shields would probably prevent almost any energy breaching of the ship. While our defense power might suffer it doesn't appear like our enemy is totally malicious to the whole ship. We don't even know what they want..."

Josh continued to think. "Major, as of now I'd like you to head to the Marine bays or even occupy a holodeck if you'd like and drill your soldiers. Keep them hot for any mission that may need to be put into effect. Choose one of your best squads as well to accompany you if we should have that need."

The acting CO nodded to her, giving a silent dismissal. He returned to the center of the bridge, heading to the tactical station where Mr. Cousland manned. "Lieutenant; Major Somers just gave me a suggestion. With tactical and engineering in cooperation could the shields be modified to..." Josh paused. He pulled up a small side bar on the station. He typed in a frequency; one almost dangerous. It was a high powered and always changing pattern but the most safe. "If we can keep the shields under these parameters, along with the watching of Engineering, I think we could pull off this modulation for a about an hour. This should prevent any sudden kidnappings or teleportings on, and keep us relatively shielded from any attacks from our... 'enemy.'" Josh still didn't know of what to refer to their mysterious foe as. "Get in contact with the assistant Chief and see what you can do."

(Tag Cousland)

Josh inclined his head to the officer and returned to the front of the bridge. "Mr. Darco, bring up a forward sideview screen of space, please." An idea took conception in his mind, most likely crazy like the last few, but none the less one that could work.

Back to top Go down
Somers
Marine CO
Marine CO
Somers

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 3:01 am

Major Somers
Marine CO
Bridge

Seetar nodded to her, giving a silent dismissal.

With that she left the bridge, tapping her Commbadge as she went.

=/\= Major Somers, to Marine Alpha Unit, assemble in Holodeck One for immediate readiness training, bring multi-use equipment, Somers out =/\= she said as she entered the turbolift.

"Holodeck One via my quarters" She said and the lift moved to its destination.

Somers Quarters and Armoury

Jasmine exited the lift and headed straight to her quarters, upon entering she stripped off her uniform and put on her personalized Mission uniform. properly kitted out she headed to the armoury to draw a training TR-116 Version out. Her chosen team of 12 Marines would be doing the same on the lower decks.

Leaving the Armoury she returns to the turbolift, as the doors close "Holodeck One" She said and once again the lift moved down, as it did she made sure the customary weight of her Mek'Leth was in its rightful place.

Marine Units accomodations

(Prior to Comms Message)

As the Marines rested, the sudden activation of the rooms communications activating, startled them a little.

=/\= Major Somers, to Marine Alpha Unit, assemble in Holodeck One for immediate readiness training, bring multi-use equipment, Somers out =/\=

As their CO signed off 12 men of Alpha unit quickly changed into their combat gear and reported to the armoury, to collect their training TR-116 Rifles.

"What do you think is going on sir?" The Teams Combat Medic asked the 1st Lieutenant.

"Do not know Corporal, but if its anything to do with scuttlebutt I have heard, then, its going to be a rescue mission" He said.

"What is the scuttlebutt Sir?" The Combat Medic Asked.

Smiling at the Marine Corporal "I will not spread rumours, just in case, they turn out to be correct" He said as he led the Marines to Holodeck one.

HOLODECK ONE

All entered to see their new Marine CO standing at Parade Rest, waiting for them.

"Form up people, I have something to tell you" Jasmine said, without levity. "About an hour ago, Commander Archenon and Lieutenant Commander Clarke were transported off the ship by some strange anomaly. The bridge crew are trying to locate where the Captain and First Officer were taken. Now as we do not know the enviroment in which we will be entering, so we will be in enviro-Combat suits, instead of full helmet, it will be breathmask and goggles. Now I have programmed the holodeck with a few scenarios, I have not left anything out. Any belligrent race we have encountered, or hostile races, I have given each scene a simular theme of an Insertion and Rescue, So get ready, the simulation will begin in five minutes" Jasmine said as she too got ready.

With that the environment took place around them, it started off in the recreation of the Invincibles Transporter Room, there they were beamed to their new location, and they began practicing, the basic Insertion and Extraction. of captives.

Last edited by Somers on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 1:15 am

The acting CO nodded to her, giving a silent dismissal. He returned to the center of the bridge, heading to the tactical station where Mr. Cousland manned. "Lieutenant; Major Somers just gave me a suggestion. With tactical and engineering in cooperation could the shields be modified to..." Josh paused. He pulled up a small side bar on the station. He typed in a frequency; one almost dangerous. It was a high powered and always changing pattern but the most safe. "If we can keep the shields under these parameters, along with the watching of Engineering, I think we could pull off this modulation for a about an hour. This should prevent any sudden kidnappings or teleportings on, and keep us relatively shielded from any attacks from our... 'enemy.'" Josh still didn't know of what to refer to their mysterious foe as. "Get in contact with the assistant Chief and see what you can do."

"Aye, sir." Jeffery complied, being dismissed at Seetar's slight head inclination.

He returned to the tactical station, Fitzroy still there minding the security teams,"Never thought I'd have so many problems with this."

"What do you mean?" Jeffery asked as he came up and around to stand next to Fitzroy.

Fitzroy waved a hand over the security status board,"Our security teams keep running into the marines. Are they on detail as well?"

Jeffery heaved a sigh,"The major did put them on detail for that. Just tell the security teams to continue their sweeps."

The particulars of the Major's habits to continue getting involved with security and tactical on the ship would have to be a point to bring up once this whole situation had been dealt with. Jeffery was familiar in passing that the Major had once been some sort of yellow collar in the tactical or security field herself. That aside though, she was still a marine and that made her subordinate to the ship.

"I'm heading to engineering to meet with the assistant chief down there, need to make some modifications to the shields. You stay here and continue manning the station."

"Continue manning. Aye, sir."

With Fitzroy's confirmation, Jeffery strode past behind the console and into the turbolift, commanding it to take him to engineering.

------
Main Engineering
------

He hadn't actually met the the assistant chief. That being said, he hadn't met quite a few of the crew on the ship still. Most of his higher ranking security and tactical members he was familiar with and typically just delegated from there. It was probably a little unreasonable to expect that he know every single individual on the ship. He kept telling himself that he would sit down and go over the crew manifest, but at this rate he'd have enough random run-ins with the crew that he wouldn't need to do that.

Rounding the corner from the corridor into main engineering, Jeffery suddenly found himself lying on his back on the deck. On him was some sort of piece of heavy equipment about the size of... well he wasn't really sure but it was heavy enough to be uncomfortable. He'd had some sort of collision in the corridor with this thing and was promptly put on the deck.

"I'm so sorry!" a female voice said, the owner trying to wrestle the equipment off of Jeffery.

Soon enough, the familiar hum of an anti-grav unit engaged and the weight of the equipment was lifted off of Jeffery's chest.

Jeffery got himself to a knee before a hand came out to help him up,"Quite alr-"

Taking the hand, he looked up at his aid. A yellow collar, had to be an engineer, with brown hair and eyes, a soft, caucasion complexion... Jeffery felt a bit overwhelmed.

"Sorry, didn't see you there around the corner." she apologized again.

"No problem." Jeffery said as he came to his feet, straightening out his uniform,"I'm here to meet Ensign Thomas."

"You found her. Michelle Thomas." she said, extending a hand with a warm demeanor, her Australian accent apparent,"What can I do for you?"

Jeffery grasped her hand,'Wonderful.'

"Seetar sent me down here, we're supposed to make some modifications to the shields." he said, attempting to maintain his discipline.

"Well then, let's get to work. Wouldn't want to disappoint him!" her enthusiasm was infectious, Jeffery's own spirits feeling uplifted by it.

She strode over to the MSD table, Jeffery in tow,"What did he want to do exactly."

Jeffery called up the specifications on the display,"A modulation like so. Supposed to keep any further abductions from occurring."

Thomas leaned over the display, both hands on the table. She nodded slightly,"It'll take a little work, but should be doable. I'll need you on that console, keep an eye on the taps to the field generator."

Shuffling over to the console opposite the table, Jeffery brought up the shield generator interface. He wasn't the most technically inclined person, but his short time in operations gave him a little bit of background in starship operations and engineering.

"Bring the EM gain resonate up to point four." Thomas said as she fiddled with her console, making a plethora of changes and modifications,"Thomas to Lo'rek, I'll need you and Korath to get to deflector control. I'll need you to both maintain certain shield parameters that I'll send you once we've got them for you."

Confirmation came over the comms as Thomas continued to work. Jeffery caught himself staring at her, his admiration for her having risen over the last few minutes.

"You're the new tactical and security chief, right?" she asked, not looking up from her console.

The question caught him off-guard,"Uh, that's right."

Her hands continued to dance across the console,"Like the ship?"

Jeffery shrugged slightly,"It's aright, I suppose."

A smile was hinted at in her voice,"This ship is the best. I've been the assistant chief on her now for a couple years. Was with her through refit and all."

Her pleasantry was so overwhelming, Jeffery couldn't help but have a broad grin appear on his own face. Whether it was noticed or not was unknown, but a slight twinge of regret came to Jeffery at the thought of it not being so.

"Got it." she said, looking up at Jeffery,"Thomas to Seetar, Mr. Cousland and I are ready to begin the shield modulation."

((Tag Seetar))

Last edited by Jeffery Cousland on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Darco
Darco

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 6:57 am

Seetar stood abruptly, his face set in a determined manner. "Mr. Darco, get a short range probe dispatched to see what we can find our vicinity. I'd like you to monitor it's flight and report back to me after it's scheduled run. Also, check up the last known coordinates of that medical ship and extrapolate on it's current position. Then, dispatch a long range probe to it with a distress call."

Darco nodded, "Aye sir, right away." he moved away and used one of the science stations leaving the able helmsman in position there.

Working the controls fast and efficiantly he quickly found the records of the USS Penfield and its expected course, it was the closet medical ship to their current position. He extrapolated its most likely locations based on its mission and course parameters, narrowing it down to within a parsec of where it likely was. Easily within communications range of the vessel.

He instructed the computer to load a Class 1 probe, it would notify the crews of the torpedo bay and they would load the proper probe. He then did the same for a Class 8 probe and loaded a communications program to the probe, he programmed the probe to scan for the USS Penfield and send back a transmission if the ship it detected, then to transmit a distress call. He loaded the standard medical distress signal and then added the information about the patient in need and how long the man had.

The computer signaled that the Class 1 probe was ready first, easily loaded into the bay as it just needed to be a standard probe without modifications. He instructed the probe to do a spheroid search pattern and to only begin the pattern once its sensors could properly register known stellar phenomena in the system, it should thus automatically move away from the ship until it breached the jamming, or whatever it was, and begin scanning.

Darco launched the probe... The 2nd probe showed as ready soon after, he loaded the communication and course instructions to the probe and launched it as well. As the first probe left the ship it moved away quickly at sublight speed. The 2nd probe launched a few seconds later and once it cleared a safe distance from the Invincible went into warp.

Looking up at Seetar, "Sir, our probes are dispatched, the scanning probe has arrived at the edge of whatever it is blocking our ship from scanning and we are receiving telemetry. He put the telemetry on the main view screen. A standard sensor schematic appeared there showing the probe, the ship, and the planet as telemetry flooded in from the device the screen filled with information about what was disrupting normal ship operations.
Back to top Go down
Joshua Seetar
Joshua Seetar

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 11:08 pm

Josh sat back in the Captain's Chair. A dull throb emanated through his head as a migraine ravaged the Lieuteuant, but Seetar ignored it. He recieved the reports close together and waited anxiously for their results.

"Got it." she said, looking up at Jeffery,"Thomas to Seetar, Mr. Cousland and I are ready to begin the shield modulation."

"Nice work Ensign. Prepare to modulate on my mark. Lieutenant Cousland, please report back to the bridge."

Darco had gotten to work quickly; Josh appreciated the man's initiative. "Sir, our probes are dispatched, the scanning probe has arrived at the edge of whatever it is blocking our ship from scanning and we are receiving telemetry." He put the telemetry on the main view screen. A standard sensor schematic appeared there showing the probe, the ship, and the planet as telemetry flooded in from the device the screen filled with information about what was disrupting normal ship operations.

Josh watched the frontal viewscreen intently as the information came up. "Tactical, prepare a channeled phaser burst at those coordinates. Weaken their cloak as best you can... and follow with a torpedo barrage."

The Lieutenant was astonished to find a solid reading only a few hundred meters from the probe. It's mass appeared to be that of a large vessel; while the ship remained cloaked they must have been fooling their sensors from the beginning, and only just recently jamming them competey. Luckily the probe's short range sensors were still functional. Josh tapped his combadge. "Ms Thomas, please coordinate the modulation of the shields along with the weapons firing." Josh turned to the Tactical station, happy to see the Chief manning it. "Take us to red alert simoultaneously with the weapons firing. I'm banking on the fact that their not expecting to be able to do anything for sometime, so we might as well not let them know we've caught on."

Josh turned to the bridge crew. "Hopefully our calculated strike will rattle them. Concentrate our attacks on their main power reactor; that should affect, at least partially, their shields and jamming. As soon as our engines are returned to power get us within transporter distance of the ship. Get our human life signatures off and then take us out of here, full emergency warp." Josh looked at his Klingon Flight Control officer with a hard face. "The safety of our crew depends on your flying of our ship these next few minutes. I don't envy your job, Mr. Darco." Josh sat back in his seat. "Prep for initiation. All hands, battle stations. Prepare for evasive maneuvers."

Their cards had been put together, with a risky hand. In Josh's opinion the only way to win a poker game was through risky hands, and he was prepared to call the bluff on their enemy once and for all.

"Mr. Cousland, fire, Engineering, modulate!"

(TAG ALL)
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 2:51 am

=/\="Nice work Ensign. Prepare to modulate on my mark. Lieutenant Cousland, please report back to the bridge."=/\=

"Aye, sir." Jeffery replied, already moving off towards the corridor to the nearest turbolift. He stopped abruptly, turning about.

"Would you like to have dinner?" he brazenly asked Thomas.

Thomas just stopped working on her console, becoming absolutely still. For that moment, Jeffery had an overwhelming feeling of regret come over him that he'd just spouted the question out, thinking almost for sure she'd say no and then feel utterly uncomfortable with him having been there.

She looked up at him, a rather cute grin on her face,"Sure. Let me know when you're off duty."

Jeffery's mouthed gaped slightly, a little bit in shock, for a brief second before responding,"Great. That's uh- that's great! I'll let you know."

Thomas gave a nod, the grin still on her face, before returning to her console.

-------

A brief ride on the turbolift put Jeffery back on the bridge, stepping out just in time to hear Seetar putting out orders.

"Tactical, prepare a channeled phaser burst at those coordinates. Weaken their cloak as best you can... and follow with a torpedo barrage."

"Yes sir." Fitzroy responded, taking note of Jeffery stepping back behind the station.

Josh tapped his combadge. "Ms Thomas, please coordinate the modulation of the shields along with the weapons firing." Josh turned to the Tactical station, happy to see the Chief manning it. "Take us to red alert simoultaneously with the weapons firing. I'm banking on the fact that their not expecting to be able to do anything for sometime, so we might as well not let them know we've caught on."

At the word, Jeffery brought up a display and requested a link with the shield modulation subroutine console Thomas had setup a few moment prior.

"Ready, sir." Jeffery reported.

"Mr. Cousland, fire, Engineering, modulate!"

The klaxons sounded and the bridge became drowned in the light of the alert status. As ordered, Jeffery fired the ship's phasers and a spread of torpedoes at coordinates Seetar had indicated. His panel lit up with weapon discharge status', the capacitors cycling through their recharge rates and the torpedo tubes being reloaded. Glancing over at the panel link to engineering, he could see that the shield modulation was also working as specified.

((Tag all))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper   Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Season 1, Mission 1: Portal Jumper
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next