USS Invincible -- Bravo Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the USS Invincible, a newly commissioned Excelsior class refit under the command of Captain Matthew Archenon. The Invincible is a detachment of Bravo Fleet's Task Force 38. This is it's official forum for role-playing and socializing.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

@ John Waterhouse

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

@ John Waterhouse Empty
PostSubject: @ John Waterhouse   @ John Waterhouse EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Jeffery cradled his wrist, holding it close to his chest. The severity of the injury was unclear, but the constant, shooting pain was an indicator that medical treatment was necessary. Such injuries weren't alien to him though, given his love for Rugby. It was, in fact, a quick romp through the holodeck for a quick Rugby scrum that was the catalyst for the injury in the first place.

Still dressed in a pair of dark brown sweatpants and his sweat drenched muscle tee, Jeffery wandered into sickbay. Though the immediate vicinity was empty.

"Anyone home?" Jeffery inquired to the room, wincing a bit.

((Tag John))
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

@ John Waterhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse   @ John Waterhouse EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:26 am

Jeffery cradled his wrist, holding it close to his chest. The severity of the injury was unclear, but the constant, shooting pain was an indicator that medical treatment was necessary. Such injuries weren't alien to him though, given his love for Rugby. It was, in fact, a quick romp through the holodeck for a quick Rugby scrum that was the catalyst for the injury in the first place.

Still dressed in a pair of dark brown sweatpants and his sweat drenched muscle tee, Jeffery wandered into sickbay. Though the immediate vicinity was empty.

"Depends whose asking", John stuck his head out from behind the partition that screened off the sickbay lab bench. Noticing the man favouring his wrist the medic dropped the probe he was working on and stepped out in the sickbay proper. "Lieutenant Cousland, Sir, what have you done to yourself?"

((Tag Jeff))

Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

@ John Waterhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse   @ John Waterhouse EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:31 am

"Depends whose asking", John stuck his head out from behind the partition that screened off the sickbay lab bench. Noticing the man favouring his wrist the medic dropped the probe he was working on and stepped out in the sickbay proper. "Lieutenant Cousland, Sir, what have you done to yourself?"

Jeffery jumped slightly at the unexpected greeting,"Was uh- playing a bit of rugby in the holodeck. My teammates were a bit overzealous."

The actual part where he injured his wrist was still a bit fuzzy. There's hardly anything neat and organized about a scrum in rugby.

((Tag Waterhouse))
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

@ John Waterhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse   @ John Waterhouse EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:42 am

Jeffery jumped slightly at the unexpected greeting,"Was uh- playing a bit of rugby in the holodeck. My teammates were a bit overzealous."

The actual part where he injured his wrist was still a bit fuzzy. There's hardly anything near and organized about a scrum in rugby.

While he listened to Jeffery's explanation the doctor shepherded him over to the nearest biobed. "Nice of you to liven up my day". Grabbing a medical scanner from the slot in the side of the bed he gestured to the engineer to hop up.

"It doesn't look too bad" as he wafted the scanner over the injury he continued "I saw a lot of neck and back injuries from rugby on Utopia, you playing union or league? The Utopia Uni FP are doing all right this season but my money would be on Olympus for the Mars cup, I'll need a osteoregenerator, you've got a hairline fracture in your Ulna"

((Tag Jeff)) OOC:- who says John can't be sports fan!?
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

@ John Waterhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse   @ John Waterhouse EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:48 am

The actual part where he injured his wrist was still a bit fuzzy. There's hardly anything near and organized about a scrum in rugby.

While he listened to Jeffery's explanation the doctor shepherded him over to the nearest biobed. "Nice of you to liven up my day". Grabbing a medical scanner from the slot in the side of the bed he gestured to the engineer to hop up.

"It doesn't look too bad" as he wafted the scanner over the injury he continued "I saw a lot of neck and back injuries from rugby on Utopia, you playing union or league? The Utopia Uni FP are doing all right this season but my money would be on Olympus for the Mars cup, I'll need a osteoregenerator, you've got a hairline fracture in your Ulna."

"Olympus ain't had any good prop now for awhile. They play an aggressive game, but I'm not totally convinced they can pull it off." Jeffery commented, drawing in a sharp breath as the doctor started his treatment,"As for the holodeck, it was set for union by default."

Jeffery looked up at the doctor,"Nice to have a fellow enthusiast aboard, Mr.?"

((Tag John))
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

@ John Waterhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse   @ John Waterhouse EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:55 am

"It doesn't look too bad" as he wafted the scanner over the injury he continued "I saw a lot of neck and back injuries from rugby on Utopia, you playing union or league? The Utopia Uni FP are doing all right this season but my money would be on Olympus for the Mars cup, I'll need a osteoregenerator, you've got a hairline fracture in your Ulna."

"Olympus ain't had any good prop now for awhile. They play an aggressive game, but I'm not totally convinced they can pull it off." Jeffery commented, drawing in a sharp breath as the doctor started his treatment,"As for the holodeck, it was set for union by default."

"Don't discount the backs working off the pack, even if their forward play is weak, and I dispute that Fergus Tanner isn't a good prop, the back line can run some."

Completing the re-knitting of the bone he dropped both scanner and regenerator on to the cradle.

"However, I'm strictly an armchair enthusiast don't go trying to get me on the pitch, bit of sword play is more my line".

John watched the Lieutenant flex his wrist with a critical eye, "it'll be sore for a few minutes and might be stiff for the rest of the day, if you have any weakness come back and see me, in fact come back and see me anyhow, the crew seem a little over healthy."

((tag Jeff))
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

@ John Waterhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse   @ John Waterhouse EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:59 am

"Don't discount the backs working off the pack, even if their forward play is weak, and I dispute that Fergus Tanner isn't a good prop, the back line can run some."

Completing the re-knitting of the bone he dropped both scanner and regenerator on to the cradle.

"However, I'm strictly an armchair enthusiast don't go trying to get me on the pitch, bit of sword play is more my line".

John watched the Lieutenant flex his wrist with a critical eye,"It'll be sore for a few minutes and might be stiff for the rest of the day, if you have any weakness come back and see me, in fact come back and see me anyhow, the crew seem a little over healthy."

A heaved breath of amusement came from Jeffery as he examined his now healed up wrist,"I'll try to be in your hair as much as possible then."

Hopping off the biobed, Jeffery turned about to stand facing the doctor,"Still didn't catch your name."

((Tag John))
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

@ John Waterhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse   @ John Waterhouse EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:17 am

"Depends who's asking", John stuck his head out from behind the partition that screened off the sickbay lab bench. Noticing the man favouring his wrist the medic dropped the probe he was working on and stepped out in the sickbay proper. "Lieutenant Cousland, Sir, what have you done to yourself?"

John watched the Lieutenant flex his wrist with a critical eye,"It'll be sore for a few minutes and might be stiff for the rest of the day, if you have any weakness come back and see me, in fact come back and see me anyhow, the crew seem a little over healthy."

A heaved breath of amusement came from Jeffery as he examined his now healed up wrist,"I'll try to be in your hair as much as possible then."

Hopping off the biobed, Jeffery turned about to stand facing the doctor,"Still didn't catch your name."

"Humm? Oh sorry how stupid of me" John could feel some of his normal anxiety at meeting new people and trying new things starting to return.

"I'm John Waterhouse, and I probably better not shake your hand"

((Tag Jeff))

Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

@ John Waterhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse   @ John Waterhouse EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:25 am

"Depends who's asking", John stuck his head out from behind the partition that screened off the sickbay lab bench. Noticing the man favouring his wrist the medic dropped the probe he was working on and stepped out in the sickbay proper. "Lieutenant Cousland, Sir, what have you done to yourself?"

"Humm? Oh sorry how stupid of me" John could feel some of his normal anxiety at meeting new people and trying new things starting to return.

"I'm John Waterhouse, and I probably better not shake your hand."

Jeffery cracked a smile,"Fair enough. You new on the ship as well?"

Was probably unwise of Jeffery to have gone off and started using the holodeck in his downtime as opposed to memorizing the senior staff names. He'd been meaning to do it for the past day, the consequences of his inaction becoming more and more clear as he ran into more of the ship's crew. Especially the senior staff.

((Tag John))
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

@ John Waterhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse   @ John Waterhouse EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:33 am

Was probably unwise of Jeffery to have gone off and started using the holodeck in his downtime as opposed to memorizing the senior staff names. He'd been meaning to do it for the past day, the consequences of his inaction becoming more and more clear as he ran into more of the ship's crew. Especially the senior staff.

Observing the smile and feeling slightly calmer that he hadn't made a massive social error John smiled back.

"Brand spanking, unlike the old girl herself, she's been round the block a few times eh?"

Moving back over to the work bench he shut off the micro analyser that he'd left on when Jeffery arrived. "I think they've pulled most people in from one place or another, I'm just in off the Nightingale myself"

((Tag Jeff))

Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

@ John Waterhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse   @ John Waterhouse EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:41 am

Observing the smile and feeling slightly calmer that he hadn't made a massive social error John smiled back.

"Brand spanking, unlike the old girl herself, she's been round the block a few times eh?"

Moving back over to the work bench he shut off the micro analyser that he'd left on when Jeffery arrived. "I think they've pulled most people in from one place or another, I'm just in off the Nightingale myself."

"Tiburon here. Ain't many ship veterans left aboard from what I understand. Almost as if there was a complete crew rotation. Word around is that this is the captain's first command too." Jeffery mentioned, shifting his position a little bit away from the biobed, folding his arms in front of him,"I remember out of the Academy the word was not to let yourself get on a ship with a first time commander."

Jeffery didn't know if that superstition held true or not. The going word was that most first time commanders make some huge sort of mistake during their first command. The severity obviously varied, but the impact on the crew could be loss of confidence in their commanding officer. There were too many variables there for him to consider what his own reaction would be were there something serious to crop up of that nature. Worse come to worse, he could always ask for a transfer off.

((Tag John))
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

@ John Waterhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse   @ John Waterhouse EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:59 am

Moving back over to the work bench he shut off the micro analyser that he'd left on when Jeffery arrived. "I think they've pulled most people in from one place or another, I'm just in off the Nightingale myself."

"Tiburon here. Ain't many ship veterans left aboard from what I understand. Almost as if there was a complete crew rotation. Word around is that this is the captain's first command too." Jeffery mentioned, shifting his position a little bit away from the biobed, folding his arms in front of him,"I remember out of the Academy the word was not to let yourself get on a ship with a first time commander."

Jeffery didn't know if that superstition held true or not. The going word was that most first time commanders make some huge sort of mistake during their first command. The severity obviously varied, but the impact on the crew could be loss of confidence in their commanding officer. There were too many variables there for him to consider what his own reaction would be were there something serious to crop up of that nature. Worse come to worse, he could always ask for a transfer off.

"I wouldn't read too much into the crew rotation, after all Invincible's been in drydock for ages, I'm kinda used to the idea, they never keep medical staff on a ship in port for long."

John moved closer to the other man and lowered his voice conspiratorially "As to the Boss I've not really met him; but scuttlebutt among the nurses is that he's a Sovereign survivor, that probably means if the psychs passed him fit then he's hard as nails" a slight tone of awe had crept into the doctors voice. Having no combat experience himself he had great respect for Dominion war veterans.

"I've seen disaster survivors a plenty with Nightingale over the last couple of years and they either come through fighting or they just melt away inside - if he's got a ship I'm going to hope for a fighter" He didn't really want to consider the implication in Jeffery's words, getting shot up by the Borg with a first time commander and a crew that hadn't bonded yet didn't bare thinking about.

((tag Jeff))

Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

@ John Waterhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse   @ John Waterhouse EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 4:05 am

"I wouldn't read too much into the crew rotation, after all Invincible's been in drydock for ages, I'm kinda used to the idea, they never keep medical staff on a ship in port for long."

John moved closer to the other man and lowered his voice conspiratorially "As to the Boss I've not really met him; but scuttlebutt among the nurses is that he's a Sovereign survivor, that probably means if the psychs passed him fit then he's hard as nails" a slight tone of awe had crept into the doctors voice. Having no combat experience himself he had great respect for Dominion war veterans.

"I've seen disaster survivors a plenty with Nightingale over the last couple of years and they either come through fighting or they just melt away inside - if he's got a ship I'm going to hope for a fighter" He didn't really want to consider the implication in Jeffery's words, getting shot up by the Borg with a first time commander and a crew that hadn't bonded yet didn't bare thinking about.

"Sovereign survivor?" Jeffery asked, his head tilted slightly with a look of curiosity on his face,"There some sort of incident that the captain was involved in?"

((tag John))
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

@ John Waterhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse   @ John Waterhouse EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 4:17 am

"Sovereign survivor?" Jeffery asked, his head tilted slightly with a look of curiosity on his face,"There some sort of incident that the captain was involved in?"

"According to my head nurse Chief Dallen; back in the war he had to fight his way off of a ship while the Jem'Hadar were killing everyone around him, apparently he was essentially the last one off" In retrospect John wasn't sure he trusted the small excitable Bolian woman's story, but he continued;

"Apparently he stayed to set the self-destruct and then jumped out of a hull breach and was only beamed out by the last shuttle as he... actually this seems a bit more like scuttlebutt than useful information now I say it out loud" the doctor trailed off, slightly embarrassed. "However there was some sort of battle"

((tag Jeff)) OOC - I need to go to bed - 0315 here - so I'll pick this up in the morning!
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

@ John Waterhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse   @ John Waterhouse EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 4:29 am

"According to my head nurse Chief Dallen; back in the war he had to fight his way off of a ship while the Jem'Hadar were killing everyone around him, apparently he was essentially the last one off" In retrospect John wasn't sure he trusted the small excitable Bolian woman's story, but he continued;

"Apparently he stayed to set the self-destruct and then jumped out of a hull breach and was only beamed out by the last shuttle as he... actually this seems a bit more like scuttlebutt than useful information now I say it out loud" the doctor trailed off, slightly embarrassed. "However there was some sort of battle"

'A Dominion War veteran?' Jeffery thought to himself.

It wasn't necessarily a positive or negative quality in his mind. There was no harm though in having a commanding officer that did have some combat under his belt. The situation that he'd just been relayed by John did give him some pause though. Not because he was now analyzing the captain's mental state, but because he was unsure of how he'd react in such a situation.

A brief moment of silence ensued before Jeffery spoke up.

"I'll let you back to it." Jeffery mentioned, heading off for the door.

((tag John))
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

@ John Waterhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse   @ John Waterhouse EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 5:48 pm

While he listened to Jeffery's explanation the doctor shepherded him over to the nearest biobed. "Nice of you to liven up my day". Grabbing a medical scanner from the slot in the side of the bed he gestured to the security officer to hop up.

"Don't discount the backs working off the pack," the doctor ran on "even if their forward play is weak, and I dispute that Fergus Tanner isn't a good prop, the back line can run some."

'A Dominion War veteran?' Jeffery thought to himself.

It wasn't necessarily a positive or negative quality in his mind. There was no harm though in having a commanding officer that did have some combat under his belt. The situation that he'd just been relayed by John did give him some pause though. Not because he was now analyzing the captain's mental state, but because he was unsure of how he'd react in such a situation.

A brief moment of silence ensued before Jeffery spoke up.

"I'll let you back to it." Jeffery mentioned, heading off for the door.

"Yeah, eh... I'll see you around." John turned back to the lab bench as the door swished shut. "guess shooting your mouth off about the captain was a great plan huh Johnny?" he mused, unable to concentrate on the defective probe he cast it unhappily to one side and walking back through to his office.

How would the crew and Captain gel in the coming days and weeks? "One thing's for sure, you're not listening to any more of Dallen's tall tales, idiot." The Nurse would be back shortly with Monroe from their "tour of inspection" as the medical team was taking to refering to their periodic checking of the emergency aid supplies scattered around the other decks. "I guess the boss should look busy to his staff" he muttered darkly prodding with out much interest at the building stack of crew fitness reports he'd been ignoring.
Back to top Go down
Jeffery Cousland
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Jeffery Cousland

@ John Waterhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse   @ John Waterhouse EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 12:05 am

Looks good to me. Wanna post it once we're a little further into the mission?
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

@ John Waterhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse   @ John Waterhouse EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 12:19 am

Yeah let us get a day or so outta space dock.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Archenon
Captain
Captain
Matthew Archenon

@ John Waterhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse   @ John Waterhouse EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 12:26 am

Nice work, guys!
Back to top Go down
https://invincible.canadian-forum.com
Sponsored content

@ John Waterhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse   @ John Waterhouse Empty

Back to top Go down

@ John Waterhouse
Page 1 of 1