USS Invincible -- Bravo Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the USS Invincible, a newly commissioned Excelsior class refit under the command of Captain Matthew Archenon. The Invincible is a detachment of Bravo Fleet's Task Force 38. This is it's official forum for role-playing and socializing.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

@ John Waterhouse (Bar talk)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Joshua Seetar
Chief Engineering Officer
Joshua Seetar

@ John Waterhouse (Bar talk)  Empty
PostSubject: @ John Waterhouse (Bar talk)    @ John Waterhouse (Bar talk)  EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 11:08 pm

Josh, after some time in spent in Engineering, made his way into the main lounge of the Invincible. He saw the CMO sitting at the bar and headed over there, taking a stool next to him. "Nice to meet you, Lieutenant. Lieutenant Joshua Seetar," he said, extending his hand. He ordered some synth-whiskey and turned to the Medical officer. "Have any interesting cases yet, Doc?"

John grasped the offered hand, "John Waterhouse, and nothing of real note, thankfully - although our security chief better watch his sports or he'll do himself in before the Borg have the chance to." he took a mouthful of beer. "I've spent all day filling in reports and making sure everyone can touch their toes properly, hence the wind down" he waves his hands around at the walls "How about you? This old girl giving us all she can?"

Josh chuckled at the man's response. He seemed like a decent guy. "I'm doing well... and she's a good ship. She'll get us where we're going and back in one piece." He grinned, thinking on the old Excelsior. "The refit really did wonders to her warp core, and since I've come on board her efficiency is up about 3%." He paused. "What're your thoughts on the mission coming up?" His secondary position of second officer made him always wanting to understand and gauge the crew's feelings, especially of the senior staff.

-- tag --

(Even if the JP isn't too long it'll just be easier this way Smile
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse (Bar talk)    @ John Waterhouse (Bar talk)  EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 11:58 pm

Josh, after some time in spent in Engineering, made his way into the main lounge of the Invincible. He saw the CMO sitting at the bar and headed over there, taking a stool next to him. "Nice to meet you, Lieutenant. Lieutenant Joshua Seetar," he said, extending his hand. He ordered some synth-whiskey and turned to the Medical officer. "Have any interesting cases yet, Doc?"

John grasped the offered hand, "John Waterhouse, and nothing of real note, thankfully - although our security chief better watch his sports or he'll do himself in before the Borg have the chance to." he took a mouthful of beer. "I've spent all day filling in reports and making sure everyone can touch their toes properly, hence the wind down" he waves his hands around at the walls "How about you? This old girl giving us all she can?"

Josh chuckled at the man's response. He seemed like a decent guy. "I'm doing well... and she's a good ship. She'll get us where we're going and back in one piece." He grinned, thinking on the old Excelsior. "The refit really did wonders to her warp core, and since I've come on board her efficiency is up about 3%." He paused. "What're your thoughts on the mission coming up?" His secondary position of second officer made him always wanting to understand and gauge the crew's feelings, especially of the senior staff.

The doctor turned on the stool to look more closely at Josh, after the episode with the security chief John was in no great rush to shoot his mouth off again. "I'm glad to be back in space, and on such an apparently efficient ship..." and as he said it he realised he meant it, continuing "I'm nervous, after all I never seen any borg for real and I've not fired a phaser since basic training, but I guess that's why we have security and don't lets forget the marines doing all that banging about on deck 11!"

Taking another pull at the pint. "Seems odd to send us straight from dry dock to such a risky rendezvous 'though." then realising he was starting to sound like the voice of doom onboard - "I'm thinking someone's got it in for us already... who'd you offend on the way in?" chancing a smile and trying to gauge the engineer's reaction.

((tag Josh))
Back to top Go down
Joshua Seetar
Joshua Seetar

PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse (Bar talk)    @ John Waterhouse (Bar talk)  EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:00 am

The doctor turned on the stool to look more closely at Josh, after the episode with the security chief John was in no great rush to shoot his mouth off again. "I'm glad to be back in space, and on such an apparently efficient ship..." and as he said it he realised he meant it, continuing "I'm nervous, after all I never seen any borg for real and I've not fired a phaser since basic training, but I guess that's why we have security and don't lets forget the marines doing all that banging about on deck 11!"

Taking another pull at the pint. "Seems odd to send us straight from dry dock to such a risky rendezvous 'though." then realising he was starting to sound like the voice of doom onboard - "I'm thinking someone's got it in for us already... who'd you offend on the way in?" chancing a smile and trying to gauge the engineer's reaction.

Josh laughed openly at the joke, taking a sip of his whiskey after it arrived. He savored it as it passed through his throat, burning it's way to his stomach. "Not sure, honestly. I'm not too worried. Starfleet's getting spread thin and our CO is a good guy. I served with Matt for a long time; if there's anyone qualified for a potentially combat filled mission it's Archenon."

Josh chugged down some more of his whiskey. The thought of how pitifully small the cups issued to them by the 'tenders were gripped him but he passed it off for a later complaint. "So, what ship were you stationed to before the Invincible?" he inquired.

(tag John)
Back to top Go down
John Waterhouse
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
John Waterhouse

PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse (Bar talk)    @ John Waterhouse (Bar talk)  EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:33 am

Josh laughed openly at the joke, taking a sip of his whiskey after it arrived. He savored it as it passed through his throat, burning it's way to his stomach. "Not sure, honestly. I'm not too worried. Starfleet's getting spread thin and our CO is a good guy. I served with Matt for a long time; if there's anyone qualified for a potentially combat filled mission it's Archenon."

Josh chugged down some more of his whiskey. The thought of how pitifully small the cups issued to them by the 'tenders were gripped him but he passed it off for a later complaint. "So, what ship were you stationed to before the Invincible?" he inquired.

"I was on the USS Nightingale, ol'Flo as we called her, medical relief ship. Doted about what felt like half the quadrant - where ever they could use a highly qualified" the doctor tapped himself on the chest "medical team and a large mobile hospital. Basically I saw a lot of struggling planets and I have a healthy respect for what nature can do to living beings - even on someone's own home planet they can get seriously slapped about. For instance the atmosphere processors on Tirrus XI failed, this was a couple of years back, first ship on the scene was Ajax, now she's a good battleship but her crew had the job of their lives trying to fix those processors, we arrived a couple of days later and had all sorts of poisonings, respiratory problems and a good few follow on disease cases, I mean it's the 2380's and people still manage to die of the simplest things. That being before you get into deliberate harm."

Finishing the beer in a few gulps John eye'd the empty glass. Gesturing to the bartender to refill the whisky glass in front of Josh and indicating one for himself he turned to the Lt. "So you served with the Captain before? Where was that? My nurses have been trading rumours and tall tales all week, care to share some real insights?"

((tag Josh)) OOC - seriously... Josh, John and Jeff... we really gotta be careful here!
Back to top Go down
Joshua Seetar
Joshua Seetar

PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse (Bar talk)    @ John Waterhouse (Bar talk)  EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:47 am

"I was on the USS Nightingale, ol'Flo as we called her, medical relief ship. Doted about what felt like half the quadrant - where ever they could use a highly qualified" the doctor tapped himself on the chest "medical team and a large mobile hospital. Basically I saw a lot of struggling planets and I have a healthy respect for what nature can do to living beings - even on someone's own home planet they can get seriously slapped about. For instance the atmosphere processors on Tirrus XI failed, this was a couple of years back, first ship on the scene was Ajax, now she's a good battleship but her crew had the job of their lives trying to fix those processors, we arrived a couple of days later and had all sorts of poisonings, respiratory problems and a good few follow on disease cases, I mean it's the 2380's and people still manage to die of the simplest things. That being before you get into deliberate harm."

Finishing the beer in a few gulps John eye'd the empty glass. Gesturing to the bartender to refill the whisky glass in front of Josh and indicating one for himself he turned to the Lt. "So you served with the Captain before? Where was that? My nurses have been trading rumours and tall tales all week, care to share some real insights?"

Josh listened to the CMO's story; it was an honorable position, working on a Starfleet medical ship. It was a tough job, and one he didn't envy. He chuckled at John's question. "Well, we and Matt met up on the USS Lopez, a Sovereign. I was the Assisant Chief of Engineering and he was the Chief of Tac Sec. We became buddies after some hanging out, with some of the same interests." Josh paused as the 'tender handed him his refilled whiskey, courtesy of the doctor. With a wink at Waterhouse he continued. "I was offered a position as CEO on a Nova class science vessel, which I took. I'd made some good friends on the Lopez but I was looking to further my career and the CEO of the Lopez didn't appear to be going anywhere soon. Me and Matt remained in contact... I visited him while he took time off after the Lopez's border incident." He stopped. "Try and cull those rumors, will you? The Captain's a good man. I don't wanna see any slanders thrown around. He and his shuttle were the only survivors of a Jem'hadar ambush; if there's anyone qualified for combat it's Archenon."

Josh drained his cup, wondering how he would've felt a few hundred years ago under the effects of alcohol. "I was on the Nova for a while before I got requested my Matt after he reactivated. I jumped at the chance, 'specially since I like the Excelsiors. Nice aesthetics, good engines." Deciding two was enough for one sitting, Josh stood. "I've gotta be heading to the bridge. We'll be enterting the Delta Quadrant soon and I'd like to make a few last minute mods before we get underway. Nice talking with you." He shook the CMO's hand again and then turned and left. The doctor was a good man and he looked forward to working with the doctor in the future.

-- tag (( Yup, not enough J names yet Sad You can go ahead and post after this or I can after you respond, up to you. Good posting Smile)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: @ John Waterhouse (Bar talk)    @ John Waterhouse (Bar talk)  Empty

Back to top Go down

@ John Waterhouse (Bar talk)
Page 1 of 1